• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
Edit: lol i don't want this post to start a new page.
Lol I read it before your edit, while I disagree with a lot of what you said, that shit was pretty funny. One thing I will agree with you on though is about getting sniped off your bike, like it would literally happen to me EVERY time I drove by a few specific locations, like I'd be anticipating it.

You should finish it though if you're close to the end, don't let your pain be for nothing! And there's some post game stuff that's pretty interesting if you enjoyed the story/characters.

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody that hasn't played days gone should. You owe it to yourselves to play a good Sony game this year since y'all skipped dreams and mlb

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I read it before your edit, while I disagree with a lot of what you said, that shit was pretty funny. One thing I will agree with you on though is about getting sniped off your bike, like it would literally happen to me EVERY time I drove by a few specific locations, like I'd be anticipating it.

You should finish it though if you're close to the end, don't let your pain be for nothing! And there's some post game stuff that's pretty interesting if you enjoyed the story/characters.
I started my playthrough on survival (never tried vanilla) which was fine for the majority of the game, but late-game (when you're usually becoming OP) it actually became a problem. They just have those bullet sponge wolfman assholes everywhere, it was kind of the last nail when taken with everything else. Idk, maybe some day. Probably not though lol.

Tom Glass

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yup, Days Gone is absolutely fantastic. Some bugs here and there - but overall Bend Studios did a great job. World is fantastic, graphics are beautiful and story is very interesting - all in all it's just awesome game!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Whats funny about Days Gone all up until release people where saying who generic the characters where ,and they turn out to be one of the best parts.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What remains of Edith Finch won best game of that year. BOTW won the "most innovation" prize though.

These battles are for games that won best game of the year by BAFTA.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait to see the sal
www.gematsu.com

Sony Interactive Entertainment JAPAN Studio establishes External Development Department

Sony Interactive Entertainment JAPAN Studio has established an External Development Department and made various organizational changes to inaugurate the new fiscal year, Sony Interactive Entertainm…

So, is this to help in the development of 2nd Party games (Bloodborne and Shadow Of The Colossus Remake style) or am I wrong?

sounds great.
hopefully this will lead to a bigger and better output of external projects.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised at how little of next gen has been shown so far. We were graced with StarWars 1303 and watch dogs way before ps4/xbone launched.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition on the Spring sale. Hopefully the combat is much improved from Origins. Combat wasn't great in that.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been torn on the new AC's (I haven't played one since 3). On the one hand I'm more interested in the Egyptian setting of Origins, but from what what's been said Odyssey is the better game and I don't really want to add 2 behemoths to my backlog. It's what's kept me from pulling the trigger on one of them.

Maybe I'll see how the viking one turns out but I kinda want to save my Norse mythology for GoW2 (or 5 I guess).

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Game of the Generation won! No suprise here 😊

And again, now is the perfect time to play Days Gone. It's a beautiful and long game 😎

daysgonesmilejnkkp.jpg

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I've been torn on the new AC's (I haven't played one since 3). On the one hand I'm more interested in the Egyptian setting of Origins, but from what what's been said Odyssey is the better game and I don't really want to add 2 behemoths to my backlog. It's what's kept me from pulling the trigger on one of them.

Maybe I'll see how the viking one turns out but I kinda want to save my Norse mythology for GoW2 (or 5 I guess).

Go for Odyssey if you don't care about the present story-line and the chronolgy of it. I'm playing it right know, it's the better game, for sure.
Though, both games are quite long and will surely overstay their welcome. Also, I don't know why but AC games feel so janky.

Also, go with Kassandra if you choose Odyssey. She is great.

Tom Glass

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Whats funny about Days Gone all up until release people where saying who generic the characters where ,and they turn out to be one of the best parts.

Oh that's so true. Reviews kept me away from this game for quite a long time, but after a while, when it was on sale, I've decided to give it a chance. Boy, how (almost) everyone was wrong back then! I suspect that most of the reviewers didn't finshed it, as this game keeps going better and better as you push through it.

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all

The Last of Us is widely regarded as one of gaming's GOAT

God of War is phenomenal though, best Sony game this gen

You're right. TLOU brought in people that didn't really play games, and if the series turns out good which I think it will. You're really looking at something that could compete with TWD in terms of viewership.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
On a recent PSILY, Greg Miller spoke a bit about Days Gone and why he thinks there's such a discrepancy in the critical reception and general market perception of the game.

Biggest takeaway is apparently the build reviewers played was significantly buggier than what consumers played even at launch. There was something like 3-4 patches around launch week and by that point critics already prepared or were preparing reviews.

He also thinks the game's length and pacing negatively impacted it. He suggested he may have enjoyed the game quite a bit more if he were able to have played it leisurely instead of having to plow through it for a review. That's the type of think I never consider when reading reviews.

I thought it was interesting.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. One of the biggest issues I have with Days Gone is its length and pacing. It was too long, and the pacing (especially near the end of the game) could've been better.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Kratos vs Thor on top of Jormungandr is the most God of War thing that could happen at the end of the next game... I fully expect that to be a thing now XD.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
All I care is that with his bloodline, Fenrir is about to become the goodest, most badass pupper to ever grace gaming.

Kratos better be able to pet him

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
replaying Ratchet and Clank right now, and i forgot how much fun it was.
an open world game with an RPG System could actually work out really well, if they ever go into that direction imo.
hopefully they take all the time they need for the next one and plz not another remake :/

Status
Not open for further replies.