• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
best Japan Studio is when Japan Studio isn't trying to be someone else

fill in the void of some third party franchise that used to be exclusive to PS but decided to bounce

1 gift from Bundy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Bundy!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Bundy said:
TLOU2 delayed, Iron Man VR delayed, FF7 Remake out in the wild but only a few people have it, more delays are coming, etc.
Disappointing news these days. But we're dealing with something much more serious here and it's affecting the whole world. So don't forget to be nice to each other, turn down the console warring (the Digital Foundry PS5 Cerny thread is a mess), wash your hands, stay at home and play game games.
As I've said many times, Days Gone is the perfect game these days. It's a damn good + long game and you can buy it for $19.99 right now on the PS Store. Days Gone was worth $60 day 1. For $20, it's broken road robbery! 😄
I mean... just look at it:

And if you have bought Days Gone already, but you didn't buy Horizon Zero Dawn..... well I still have a Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition (US & CA only!) code here. Now is the time for you to play the best new IP of the current generation.

Good luck, stay at home, wash your hands and have fun! 😎👍

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (US/CA) PlayStation 4 (US/CA): Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition - Won by Malkier Malkier (10 entries)

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to wanted that Next-gen will actually be delayed.
So you and other saying the same thing will see that BOTH will be delayed and maybe, maybe finally realise that thinking that only one of the two console could be delayed is one of the most freakin, ddumbest, shitty fucking nonsense that have never been said on a gaming forum.

And that quite a thing considering how the non sense are great on gaming forums...

i dont think what i said was that outrageous, microsoft seems to have a clearer track ahead of them from an outsiders perspective, if any one of them was gonna launch this year at least right now that seems to be the one. Didn't mean to offend you.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Well with Iron Man and The Last of Us Part II delayed Ghost of Tsushima is the next game I plan to get Day 1. But I'm gonna assume that it will also be delayed. After I'm finished with FFVII I'm gonna work on my backlog.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i dont think what i said was that outrageous, microsoft seems to have a clearer track ahead of them from an outsiders perspective, if any one of them was gonna launch this year at least right now that seems to be the one. Didn't mean to offend you.
Don't forget what we heard late last year. Sony being ahead in regards to communication, devs saying the PS5 tools are excellent, developers telling SIE that they "never worked on hardware as easy as to develop on as PS5" etc.
The COVID virus is messing things up, sure. But Sony was always on track. More than the competition, as it looks like.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
When you look at the headache that Square's having with FF7R's launch it starts to make a lot more sense why Sony and ND don't want to launch Part II in this type of climate.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
seveeeere lack of boss fights in GOW. The Bladur fight got old the second time and the different colored trolls aint it chief. Hopefully that's massively improved on in the sequel.
Seriously, I'm expecting a ton of boss fights in sequel. 2x vs Thor, then hopefully 4 other instances vs other bosses. Those trolls are mini bosses, no fucking way do they count as bosses 🧐😒😒

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The God of War fight with
Magni and Modi
is awesome and underrated as heck in my opinion. Still would like to have seen more boss battles but I recognize they take enormous resources.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Here is a theory I'm guessing someone else has already thought of.

Sony just realized their marquee first party PS5 launch game wasn't going to make launch. So they delay TLOU2 and ask ND to have a PS5 port ready to launch alongside the console.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sony just realized their marquee first party PS5 launch game wasn't going to make launch. So they delay TLOU2 and ask ND to have a PS5 port ready to launch alongside the console.
PS5 is BC to the PS4. So no matter what, the PS5 would launch with a playable TLOU2 copy.
The reason is simple: The world is messed up right now, thanks to the virus. Movies got delayed (even tho they are ready/finished), big AAA games are getting delayed. It just makes sense. As sad as it is.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 is BC to the PS4. So no matter what, the PS5 would launch with a playable TLOU2 copy.
The reason is simple: The world is messed up right now, thanks to the virus. Movies got delayed (even tho they are ready/finished), big AAA games are getting delayed. It just makes sense. As sad as it is.

Yeah just look at FF7R

- Gaming retailers in large states aren't open because they aren't essential business
- They've warned people buying retail that there's a chance that they aren't going to be able to get the game at launch
- Square had to ship the game early to overseas countries in order to ensure they'd get it before release. But instead they got it more than a week before release and started selling it immediately
- They aren't bumping up the digital release

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
You're probably right.

This theory is wrong.
You could have explained why you think this.

Regardless, I just saw your other post from earlier today regarding the PS5 delay, and I suspect you're right about that. I've felt for the past month now they were slow walking the rollout of PS5 info, and I suspected that was because they didn't want to push ahead too fast when they probably suspect a delay is going to happen.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah just look at FF7R

- Gaming retailers in large states aren't open because they aren't essential business
- They've warned people buying retail that there's a chance that they aren't going to be able to get the game at launch
- Square had to ship the game early to overseas countries in order to ensure they'd get it before release. But instead they got it more than a week before release and started selling it immediately
- They aren't bumping up the digital release
Yep. FF7R is a good "bad example". I mean, I have the 1st Class Edition since yesterday, but my friends don't have it and they have to wait. It's totally messed up. And after looking at those "over 20 million copies sold"...... TLOU2 is a much bigger game.
To semi-launch this game during this worldwide mess..... yeah, no. Let things calm down. Seriously I can't wait to play TLOU2. But there are like a gazillion games out there that we haven't played yet. Chill and play those games. Everyone has a backlog. Keep cool! Everything will be fine.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really awesome of you Bundy for creating the raffle.
omtixkql.gif

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The worst part probably will be distributing all the copies worldwide. More than making them.

And that will probably wont change anytime soon.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

I'm guessing that TLoU 2 PS5 won't be launching anywhere near ps5 launch because ND will maybe add raytracing and probably multiplayer mode as well for ps5 release. So it won't be a simple resolution and framerate upgrade and need some extra time to port them

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019

It's not question of being outrageous

It's a logic problem.

The two consoles uses the same types of components, factory from the same country and, actually, the same factory, and a part of the sames distributions lines.

So, if the Covid19 situation must lead to a delay, it will affect both console, it's inevitable.

I don't understand what you mean about "clearer track ahead" but if you are talking about marketing it's not the point here.

Sony just had officially stated that 4 of the 6 factory they used had been now back to their full production capacity and that the last 2 is on track to be back at their full production capacity on the middle of April.

The production of both consoles, even in a world with our Covid19 issue, is not supposed to start before July at the earliest, and distribution line will started late October / early November.

Microsoft officially stated that they believed they would realesed on 2020 as they planned cause "it's seems that production lines will be back to production soon"

That really seems to be more on track?

"4 of 6 factory now back to full production, the last 2 in mid-April"

VS

"Seems the production lines will be back soon"

Unless you believe all caps rumors that comes from the internet, the 2 are on the right track. On the same point, and just follow the calendar, with, of course, now monitoring the Covid19 répercussions

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It's not question of being outrageous

It's a logic problem.

The two consoles uses the same types of components, factory from the same country and, actually, the same factory, and a part of the sames distributions lines.

So, if the Covid19 situation must lead to a delay, it will affect both console, it's inevitable.

I don't understand what you mean about "clearer track ahead" but if you are talking about marketing it's not the point here.

Sony just had officially stated that 4 of the 6 factory they used had been now back to their full production capacity and that the last 2 is on track to be back at their full production capacity on the middle of April.

The production of both consoles, even in a world with our Covid19 issue, is not supposed to start before July at the earliest, and distribution line will started late October / early November.

Microsoft officially stated that they believed they would realesed on 2020 as they planned cause "it's seems that production lines will be back to production soon"

That really seems to be more on track?

"4 of 6 factory now back to full production, the last 2 in mid-April"

VS

"Seems the production lines will be back soon"

Unless you believe all caps rumors that comes from the internet, the 2 are on the right track. On the same point, and just follow the calendar, with, of course, now monitoring the Covid19 répercussions
in the end the question of console delays will not be about production because hardware production factories are going back to normal as you said, it will likely fall down to:
1) are the games on schedule despite covid19? its especially a big problem if mocap and VA is still not finished.
2) are the distribution lines working again?

I will say that now thanks to the TLOU2 delay they do have a "plan B" in the case that launch games are not done (although i wouldnt like it if they just launch with cross gen games)

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
in the end the question of console delays will not be about production because production in china is going back to normal, it will likely fall down to:
1) are the games on schedule despite covid19? its especially a big problem if mocap and VA is still not finished.
2) are the distribution lines working again?

I will say that now thanks to the TLOU2 delay they do have a "plan B" in the case that launch games are not done (although i wouldnt like it if they just launch with cross gen games)

Yet again, the problem is the same for both consoles.
So impact will be the same on both consoles.

It's basically the same distribution line (same factories, same retailers...)

And development teams are facing the same problem.

Here, TLOU is only delayed for logistical issues, same for Iron Man VR.
But the game is finished and it will be finished as planned for the May 29th release.

Of course some games will unfortunately be delayed for development issue due to the situation. But that will be a problem for both consoles.

And now let's be clear : if console production is Okay, but games have issues.

If one decided to release the console even with the lack of games at launch.

The other will do the same.

No way that one will take the risk to delay his console if the production are OK but the games not all ready if the other launch his console no matter what.

So, how over you look at the situation. It could only be both releases this year or both will be postponed.

But no way 1 release and the other no.

For TLOU, the game is finished, they will require the 3 weeks / 1 month production of the copy to release it.

They not give any date because they clearly want to release it as soon as possible.

I see some people talking about movie delays, but the problem is not the same.

Movies needs to have people to come together in one close place. And the problem is that even if the pandemic situation is solved in May for exemple.

People risk to be afraid on going in a theater during a couple of months.

Or, games don't have this issue. They can release as soon as the situation is okay.

So the TLOU delay could be not long at all.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Yet again, the problem is the same for both consoles.
So impact will be the same on both consoles.

It's basically the same distribution line (same factories, same retailers...)

And development teams are facing the same problem.

Here, TLOU is only delayed for logistical issues, same for Iron Man VR.
But the game is finished and it will be finished as planned for the May 29th release.

Of course some games will unfortunately be delayed for development issue due to the situation. But that will be a problem for both consoles.

And now let's be clear : if console production is Okay, but games have issues.

If one decided to release the console even with the lack of games at launch.

The other will do the same.

No way that one will take the risk to delay his console if the production are OK but the games not all ready if the other launch his console no matter what.

So, how over you look at the situation. It could only be both releases this year or both will be postponed.

But no way 1 release and the other no.
oh dont get me wrong, i was agreeing with you on everything. if one side can launch, so can the other, and if one does, so will the competitor.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Delay being all about the corona explains 'indefinite' timetable. If the virus goes away by June, the game probably comes out in July and Ghost 1 month later.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Delay being all about the corona explains 'indefinite' timetable. If the virus goes away by June, the game probably comes out in July and Ghost 1 month later.
We will probably get a 2 month heads up for the date, but going by how the virus has been spreading, i dont expect the game to release before september the earliest.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 ain't coming this year, Sony instead will focus their last big games on the holiday season. Then can launch next year at a good price with a better selection of launch games.

It's definitely getting an Easter 2021 launch, absolutely no point in these things coming out this year. The risk to everybody's health is simply not worth a videogame.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It really sucks knowing the game is pretty much done, but economics are preventing its release. The world won't recover for months, so it could be a long time before we get our hands on the game.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
It really sucks knowing the game is pretty much done, but economics are preventing its release. The world won't recover for months, so it could be a long time before we get our hands on the game.

Not economic.
Logistic

What is the point of releasing a game if your not able to actually manufacture the discs ?

Plus, today, you see people on internet loosing thei sh*t because some people gets their FF VII Remake early and them *risks* to have to wait until the actual release date !
Which is only in 7 days !!

And I said just waiting until the Day One, not after, I'm not talking about people affraid to have it after the release date NO !
Some people are mads just with the idea that they will have to wait until the real Day One ! (You find here one topics people being mad because Square Enix will not make the digital version available early ! They will just need to wait until the 10 at midnight, the actual release date, and they go crazy...)

Imagine if you're not able to put the game disc on way to consumers until WEEKS AFTER the actual release date...

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Not economic.
Logistic

What is the point of releasing a game if your not able to actually manufacture the discs ?

Plus, today, you see people on internet loosing thei sh*t because some people gets their FF VII Remake early and them *risks* to have to wait until the actual release date !
(which is only in 7 days...)

Imagine if you're not able to but the game disc on way to consumers WEEKS AFTER the actual release date...
Which is economics? Sony can simply release the game on digital but they don't want to because then they would lose all physical sales (and PSN would be crushed) so they decided to delay the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.