• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about BR, but a MP mode like Splatoon could be really fun
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
A TLOU BR game would be tense as hell if infected are thrown in the mix. Have locations with loot be riddled with clickers and infected. Trying to go for mayor loot would be at the risk of having to fight off infected and alerting other players of your location. The new dog mobs would be used as an anti camping meassure to force you to stay on the move to lose the tracker dogs. You get caught by a dog, you have to kill it, alerting the other players (and infected) of your general location thanks to the barking and gunshots.

If that project is as big as they say I hope it is not just a BR. The 4 v 4 or something similar needs to return. Those matches were so intense.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
No. Toyama has supposedly only been working on it for about a year .
If we believe in the Silent Hill rumor. Which Konami denied. I trust Golem and Konami could have denied to kill conversation, so that there is still some element of shock and awe when it's announced. But as far as my mental health is concerned, the rumor is null and void.

Oct 25, 2017
If we believe in the Silent Hill rumor. Which Konami denied. I trust Golem and Konami could have denied to kill conversation, so that there is still some element of shock and awe when it's announced. But as far as my mental health is concerned, the rumor is null and void.

The talk about him working on a horror game started before it was rumored to be SH.

Did Golem said that? I missed it.

Yes. Said he still trusts his sources that Japan Studio is developing a SH game and the Silent Hills revival is still a possibility.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Did Golem said that? I missed it.
No Golem did not claim Konami is trying to kill chatter, but they did that they still believe in what they heard concerning SH. So at this point it's Golem vs Konami's public statement... Do yourselves a favor and forget about the rumor. If it happens, great! Golem would be an insider god. If it does not happen... Oh well, we still get a Toyama game anyway.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I honestly think the rumor is dead... But if it somehow still turns out to be true and Konami bluffed to try to keep shit under wraps. Golem's word will be law and gospel in the site.

I don't care anymore, just show me Toyama's game.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018

My 2 cents on the bloodborne talk.

I defs think Sony is interested but from software is legend status now. They dont NEED to do deals with anyone since literally anyone will publish them. The only reason they would come back is to A. To work on the IP specifically or B. If some sort of offer collaboration was too enticing to pass up. However, I can see Japan Studio attempting a bloodborne esque game with spiritual similarities. If it is recieved well by fans I think they will eventually push for a bloodborne 2 and hopefully at that point from will be itching to come back.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I guess this will probably be considered a controversial take here, but I think Ratchet and Clank has had its run, it's time to let it die. I'm NOT saying it wouldn't sell well, I'm aware that the 2016 game was the fastest selling in the series.

I just think Insomniac is too talented to keep pumping out R&C games, it's been 18 years, and with new hardware I'd like to see them tackle a new IP next to Spider-Man. It doesn't have to be a gigantic AAA game, but something on the scale of R&C or possibly smaller, that's my take at least.
In my humble opinion, no.

We're seeing too much of SIE's IPs outside of sports related that were only bunch of games released and then never again touched.

Ratchet going strong after 15+ years with the latest game was biggest sales in the series, doesn't mean Insomniac has to quit it like Jak or Sly.

Instead, I'm hoping they would evolve & improve the series so that it'll bring more sales & fans - making it into 20, 25 years or more, why not.

Insomniac should manage to do it when even SIEJA & Japan Studio couldn't make consistent sequels of their own IPs.

I'm sick of this. /: (

Oct 25, 2017
My 2 cents on the bloodborne talk.

I defs think Sony is interested but from software is legend status now. They dont NEED to do deals with anyone since literally anyone will publish them. The only reason they would come back is to A. To work on the IP specifically or B. If some sort of offer collaboration was too enticing to pass up. However, I can see Japan Studio attempting a bloodborne esque game with spiritual similarities. If it is recieved well by fans I think they will eventually push for a bloodborne 2 and hopefully at that point from will be itching to come back.

Japan Studio will never do that unless Sony poaches a lot From's devs including some key members.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
In my humble opinion, no.

We're seeing too much of SIE's IPs outside of sports related that were only bunch of games released and then never again touched.

Ratchet going strong after 15+ years with the latest game was biggest sales in the series, doesn't mean Insomniac has to quit it like Jak or Sly.

Instead, I'm hoping they would evolve & improve the series so that it'll bring more sales & fans - making it into 20, 25 years or more, why not.

Insomniac should manage to do it when even SIEJA & Japan Studio couldn't make consistent sequels of their own IPs.

I'm sick of this. /: (
That's just where we differ, I'm fine with IPs dying or resting when we've gotten enough games. I like to see talented dev teams work on different things, it's the reason why I love Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch so much, there's always going to be a new IP from them that I'll probably enjoy.

Ratchet doesn't even necessarily have to die, but I'd like to see Insomniac do something else, and another team can take the reigns. But to each their own.

Oct 25, 2017
That's just where we differ, I'm fine with IPs dying or resting when we've gotten enough games. I like to see talented dev teams work on different things, it's the reason why I love Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch so much, there's always going to be a new IP from them that I'll probably enjoy.

Ratchet doesn't even necessarily have to die, but I'd like to see Insomniac do something else, and another team can take the reigns. But to each their own.

They are doing something else. Spider-Man and possibly some more VR titles. I'm sure they will try something new eventually, but expect R&C and Spider-Man to be their big projects next generation.

Oct 25, 2017

??even when they made 4 ratchets last gen they still had 2 new ip last gen

this gen with ratchet they still had sunset, spiderman, song of the deep, stormland . In terms of the Sony teams they work on more new stuff than anybody especially the two you highlighted

Deleted member 45773

Banned
Jul 10, 2018
??even when they made 4 ratchets last gen they still had 2 new ip last gen

this gen with ratchet they still had sunset, spiderman, song of the deep, stormland . In terms of the Sony teams they work on more new stuff than anybody especially the two you highlighted
You're totally right, I just think it's been too many of them unless there's some fundamental changes to the series. Another Ratchet on PS5 but just bigger in scale just doesn't sound appealing to me.

It's also why I hope Uncharted is dead and Sony's new studio is doing something else.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
You're totally right, I just think it's been too many of them unless there's some fundamental changes to the series. Another Ratchet on PS5 but just bigger in scale just doesn't sound appealing to me.

It's also why I hope Uncharted is dead and Sony's new studio is doing something else.
This is one of those cases where pretty much all parties disagree with you. Sony stated that they see Ratchet, alongside Spidey, as a key franchise for them going forward. Insomniac itself going by the interviews post R&C 2016, are still passionate about the IP and were thrilled by the sales figures the game managed to pull. And the big one, the general consumer, obviously has proven that there is a demand for the IP, going by R&C 2016's sales metrics.

Me personally, as long as Insomniac still has the capacity to also put out new IPs, which if there is any Dev in the world that can do it, it's Insomniac, i'm happy that we at least have one long standing legacy PS IP still going strong.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Also R&C is still unique industry and wws-wise. While I hope for more, I agree with DLB3 in the sense that it should innovate in a sensible capacity. Thats my hope for any sequel on PS5, really. The tech is there.

Of course with the timeline in place R&C was probably conceptualized for the PS4. Dunno how much time is needed to adapt for a new platform.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The Ratchet & Clank series hasn't even had a proper PS4 title. R&C 2016 is a re-imagining with most levels having a core design from 2002. Almost all weapons were rehashes too and the game had a development time of 10 months IIRC. The last full-scale, new R&C game was in 2009 (A Crack in Time). I say give insomniac the budget to make a proper AAA game and see if they can evolve the series. They haven't had the chance to create a R&C game with a next gen vision in mind yet, not even for PS4 specs, let alone PS5.

I'd love to see Insomniac experiment more with new big budget IPs and I'm not going to disagree if someone said that the 2 + 1/2 + 1/8 main games + 2 spin-offs + 2 (external) PSP games + the HD Collection containing 3 games during last gen was a bit too much. One or maybe two games per generation isn't too much though so no reason to bury such a unique series, especially when the latest entry was a commercial success. Just slow down the release tempo and make sure there are fresh ideas for every new entry.

Also, Sucker Punch has made games in (soon) two IPs since the launch of the PS3, Naughty Dog two. Insomniac? Seventeen.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Remedy Entertainment, developer of multiple "Game of the Year" award winner Control, has signed publishing agreements with a major publisher for the company's next two unannounced video games. The agreements specify that the publisher will fully fund game development costs and that Remedy is entitled to a 50% share of the net revenue from the games' sales. Remedy also retains the ownership of the games' intellectual property.

The first project is an AAA multi-platform game already in pre-production and previously referred to as the "unannounced third project". The second is a new smaller-scale project set in the same franchise.

More details regarding the partnership between Remedy and the publisher will be announced later today by a press release. The partnership extends Remedy's strategy of creating and developing its own IP's into long-term franchises. Both games will be launched on next generation console platforms and PC in the next few years.

Remedy Entertainment signs two multi-platform publishing deals

Remedy Entertainment Plc | Insider information 9:00 am (EET) 26 March 2020 Remedy

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Last edited:

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But now who will this thread thirst over since remedy is off the table? Housemarque? Ready at dawn? Also so much for them having to be making an exclusive since theyre so buddy buddy with 1st party devs on twitter
New news new thead time. There's a rumoured Direct today (everyday) so perhaps announced there for multiple platforms?

Oct 30, 2017
Good. Sony doesn't need Remedy. They have enough studios that make similar games.

Time to focus on studios with expertise in RPG/FPS/Multiplayer/etc

Oct 25, 2017
But now who will this thread thirst over since remedy is off the table? Housemarque? Ready at dawn? Also so much for them having to be making an exclusive since theyre so buddy buddy with 1st party devs on twitter

Housemarque, Arrowhead and Bluepoint were all ahead of Remedy as likely and good acquisitions. So prepare to continue to be annoyed if that kind of speculation bothers you.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
There is still a possibility that Remedy and Sony are collaborating on a game. Remedy has a team of 250 people and are working on a few projects.
I think it's time to let the dream die. It says that it is coming out on next gen console(s). And I doubt they are going to be working on more than 1 big project if they are still also working on Control DLC.
As for the publisher its either Activision, Private Division (most likely) or THQ Nordic.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Its kind of a bummer that seemingly remedy arent signing with Sony on anything. I would have loved to see them under large funding and creative freedom. Sony better start signing deals already, as they seem to be missing out on many developers who are either making games for others or outright getting acquired.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
I think it's time to let the dream die. It says that it is coming out on next gen console(s). And I doubt they are going to be working on more than 1 big project if they are still also working on Control DLC.
As for the publisher its either Activision, Private Division (most likely) or THQ Nordic.

It's just a possibility. I personally prefer collaboration with Housemarque, followed by possible acquisition. It's very interesting to see new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.