• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
If y'all don't have Dreams yet, you're missing out on a lot of amazing stuff. The community is incredible. Art's Dream is incredible. The fact that you can create virtually anything you want with the tools is incredible. Plus, Mm will be adding more of their own creations over time and VR support.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If y'all don't have Dreams yet, you're missing out on a lot of amazing stuff. The community is incredible. Art's Dream is incredible. The fact that you can create virtually anything you want with the tools is incredible. Plus, Mm will be adding more of their own creations over time and VR support.

Gonna plug Dreams too! There's lots of great stuff made already, a lot of helpful tutorials (Both in the game and those on Youtube) and once you break part the most daunting part of designing stuff it's fun to create in itself.

Oct 25, 2017
replaying Ratchet and Clank right now, and i forgot how much fun it was.
an open world game with an RPG System could actually work out really well, if they ever go into that direction imo.
hopefully they take all the time they need for the next one and plz not another remake :/
Yeah, it's a really fun game to play (like all Insomniac's games :)). I doubt they make another remake since wasn't that one made pretty much because of the movie?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Yep! It's really nice.
Gonna plug Dreams too! There's lots of great stuff made already, a lot of helpful tutorials (Both in the game and those on Youtube) and once you break part the most daunting part of designing stuff it's fun to create in itself.
Indeed. I've been mostly making music, and have done a little sculpting, but I'm finding it fun to just mess around in edit mode with the various tools and modes that I typically don't spend much time with, even if I don't publish anything.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed Days Gone. Finished the game a few days ago. Because of the pandemic I have some free time for my backlog.

Now I am playing Spider-Man. And I also have Bloodborne to play. Yes, I have it in my backlog (I have beat only the Cleric Beast) since the launch. Please don't report me.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

One of THE best Uncharted games. So awesome. Chloe <3

I really enjoyed Days Gone. Finished the game a few days ago. Because of the pandemic I have some free time for my backlog.

Now I am playing Spider-Man. And I also have Bloodborne to play. Yes, I have it in my backlog (I have beat only the Cleric Beast) since the launch. Please don't report me.
At least now you have enough time to FINALLY play them all!!! No excuses anymore! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a really fun game to play (like all Insomniac's games :)). I doubt they make another remake since wasn't that one made pretty much because of the movie?

im just worried that they go the capcom route and remake the games after another given the success of the Ps4 Game (tough capcom is also making new RE games)

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Kratos vs Thor on top of Jormungandr is the most God of War thing that could happen at the end of the next game... I fully expect that to be a thing now XD.

At the end? That has "spectacular intro fight before you get nerfed" written all over it!

I can't wait for the sequel. Only thing I want but won't get is a minotaur in glorious next-gen graphics. With fur so knotted you can smell it 😅 They were always my favourite enemies and so many varied designs in all the games set in the Greek part of the world(s?).

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
suggested he may have enjoyed the game quite a bit more if he were able to have played it leisurely instead of having to plow through it for a review.

YES I can totally agree with him. I'm doing reviews as press as well. Back when RDR2 came out I couldn't enjoy it 100%. At some time you have to rush through the game to finish your review. It's really an uncomfortable feeling. Felt the same in Days Gone. The game was too long and pacing was really bad. Even I liked the gameplay and enjoyed it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Biggest takeaway is apparently the build reviewers played was significantly buggier than what consumers played even at launch. There was something like 3-4 patches around launch week and by that point critics already prepared or were preparing reviews.
This is why polishing the game very important before gold status and don't depend on huge day 1 patch updates as in my opinion...

I hope Bend could be more prepared for the sequel, so that at launch, the game would be so polished it doesn't need day 1 updates at all, unless it's a small sized.

Also for future Part II.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I never actually finished Horizon. I was right at the end, basically cleaning up a few remaining side missions before what I assume was the final fight. They announced a patch that was going to add some QoL changes I was excited about. So I shelved it for a bit. Then got busy. Weeks turned to months. Frozen Wilds was announced as I was like, okay now I'll finish it finally. I buy that and load my save, and I'm lost. What is happening right now, I forgot all this shit and basically how to play the game. lol

Start over? No, too long. Watch a recap? Hmm... maybe. Anyway, still haven't finished it. Was recently thinking about it, but with PS5 around the corner, thinking I might as well wait for an enhanced experience, maybe idk.

Unlike Days Gone, I actually loved Horizon. Didn't drop it on purpose. And regret not finishing the game.I was on track to plat that game...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

www.sony.net

Sony Establishes $100 Million COVID-19 Global Relief Fund

Tokyo, Japan - Sony Corporation today announced the establishment of the “Sony Global Relief Fund for COVID-19,” a 100 million US dollar fund to support those around the world affected by the COVID-19 virus.

Really great of them to do that.
a bit more relevant to us:
Furthermore, in terms of the creative community such as music, pictures, games and animation, together with its group companies engaged in the entertainment industry, Sony will seek ways to support up-and-coming creators, artists and all those in professions supporting the industry, who have been impacted by the cancellation or postponement of concerts and live events, or the shutting down of film and television productions.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Does this mean they're increasing their investment in Japan Studio?

Do you have any info on the new head of internal and external development and what it means for the future of Japan Studio?
Part of the original Ape Escape team as programmer. Has been in the technology department for a long time until he was appointed as vice president of product development department.

Now head of external development department, internal development department and creative service department.

Nicolas Doucet is studio head.
Kazuo Kato is head of internal, external and creative service departments.

Masami Yamamoto was at one point head of external projects but they didn't had a department for that. So everything was a complete mess. He is now chief creative officer.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
I just noticed the latest estimate for the number of players (not sales, players) of Days Gone is 6.1 million. That's bigger than, for example, the estimate for Uncharted Lost Legacy (5.4m of players).
Death Stranding stands at 2.9 million. All numbers available at gamstat web, updated as of 29th March.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I just noticed the latest estimate for the number of players (not sales, players) of Days Gone is 6.1 million. That's bigger than, for example, the estimate for Uncharted Lost Legacy (5.4m of players).
Death Stranding stands at 2.9 million. All numbers available at gamstat web, updated as of 29th March.
Nioh 2 also hit 660k players in this 2 week period since launch.
For comparison nioh 1 took almost 3 months to hit that.
I was slightly worried by the physical sales charts that it's underperforming, but it seems to be doing quite well so far.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game has been high on charts in many countries, word of mouth did the rest. It's really great for Bend after the critical cold shower : despite having some flaws and a tone that doesn't suit everyone, the game is full of authenticity.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Days Gone I think that the game deserves more praise in the graphics department.

The dynamic time of day, the weather system and the setting can create some really beautiful moments in the game:

daysgone_20200323125356j3z.png

daysgone_202003112202enj42.png

daysgone_202001061203bkjcf.png

daysgone_202003152344oejiq.png

daysgone_202003152216t9ked.png

daysgone_2020031122288skz5.png

daysgone_201906081801zqjpm.png

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i think i would have been pretty underwhelmed if this was a state of play, but i am liking it in the way they chose to handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
None of this reads to me like this would have been a State of Play at all.

I mean everything big has already been announced. It's still a bit early to start the marketing blitz for TLOU2 and it's way too early to show more of GoT. So I doubt they'd dedicate a SoP to 5 indie games.

It's just another way to show off these games and in a good way. There probably won't be another SoP unless it's PS5 focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.