• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Is this guy reliable? Maybe i shouldn't even be posting about him but...i think i've seen a couple of his tweets around here?

He also tweeted this today:

Hum...

But then he also retweeted a Tidux tweet just today...which is known to be...not so reliable and said they had an interesting DM exchange today...so who knows?

All this just feels like attention seeking. But there are some insiders that people trust. What is this guy's track history?
And why the hell am i hyped even if this is all fake?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is this guy reliable? Maybe i shouldn't even be posting about him but...i think i've seen a couple of his tweets around here?

Hum...

But then he also retweeted a Tidux tweet just today...which is known to be...not so reliable and said they had an interesting DM exchange today...so who knows?

All this just feels like attention seeking. But there are some insiders that people trust. What is this guy's track history?

Nope

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
All this just feels like attention seeking.
image-asset.gif

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Again, after a day of teasing, nothing is being announced tonight. I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll wake to some exciting news, but I expect absolutely nothing.

Peace

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY

Hum...

I'm sick of this people, really.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hum...

I very much doubt it.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Insomniac just come out of nowhere?

Why do we assume that someone just knows that Sony have bought a big studio if any at all?

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Anyone who claims to be 'in the know' never actually says what is coming because they don't actually know. They just post teasers and gifs hinting at something possibly happening and never commit because they'll probably guess wrong.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Anyone who claims to be 'in the know' never actually says what is coming because they don't actually know. They just post teasers and gifs hinting at something possibly happening and never commit because they'll probably guess wrong.
or they just don't wanna put it out there and be "that guy". Somebody knows something now, that's for sure. And frankly.... dare I say!?

I'm getting hyped you guys...

...yup it's rising.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
"Sony did ms a favor by not attending e3" lmaoo

Stop posting tweets from random idiots on Twitter

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
On the most recent episode of PS I Love You, Greg Miller speculated that Sony will do a PS5-centric State of Play around May that'll reveal the console, specs, date, price and which would be accompanied by a major press event where outlets go hands-on with the console, controller and games. Sounds extremely plausible to me.

In an ideal world this would be a huge PSX that kicks off with the PS5 SoP, has a show floor w/ TLOU2, GoT, PS5 launch games and a weekend full of great PS5 panels. Bring it back, Jim :P

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
On the most recent episode of PS I Love You, Greg Miller speculated that Sony will do a PS5-centric State of Play around May that'll reveal the console, specs, date, price and which would be accompanied by a major press event where outlets go hands-on with the console, controller and games. Sounds extremely plausible to me.

In an ideal world this would be a huge PSX that kicks off with the PS5 SoP, has a show floor w/ TLOU2, GoT, PS5 launch games and a weekend full of great PS5 panels. Bring it back, Jim :P
I can't buy that at all. If they don't talk before GDC, it's going to leak for sure and that isn't how they want the information spread.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
11 bit Studios is a public company worth around 1 billion pln (~260 million dollar) If Sony would want to acquire them some rumors should have emerged already.
It's not necessarily the case.
Acquisitions of public companies are kept confidential while discussions are happening and only announced to the public when a deal has been finalized. If news got out that two publicly traded companies will have an acquisition, it would cause major changes in their share price, so there are heavy NDAs in place to protect themselves from that.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Don't know if he is reliable but there is another person who said that Sony has made a studio acquisition and for what it's worth Andrew Reiner is following him.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Iron Man VR release got pushed back to May 15.... don't tell me this is delayed as well

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
When some guy is putting some hashtags in his tweet, you know he's just phishing for likes/RTs.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
This is the nightmare scenario. Please leave now and never come back State of Play.

Don't you dare do it Jimbo.

At the moment, I wouldn't see much difference to be honest. It will be broadcasted, Mark Cerny will explain the console, games will be shown, people will stream it, people will watch it and so on. All the same as if it were a presential event, not much different from the PS4 event.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if he is reliable but there is another person who said that Sony has made a studio acquisition and for what it's worth Andrew Reiner is following him.

Either they are all parroting the same horseshit or something did happen.

"Pretty clear" would have to mean either Remedy or Bluepoint cause these two were brought up a lot and Sony was interested in Remedy before.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
If Sony acquired anyone it'd be Bluepoint. I could see it being announced at the PS5 reveal.

Something like "here's a trailer from a new studio to the PS family".

TEXT ON BLACK: Sony Entertainment Presents

A Bluepoint Game....

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Either they are all parroting the same horseshit or something did happen.

"Pretty clear" would have to mean either Remedy or Bluepoint cause these two were brought up a lot and Sony was interested in Remedy before.
Kojima is much more clear than any other studio, but BP would be another obvious one.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys! Hearing word that Sony has bought another studio. Not gonna name what it is, I'll let somebody else do that, but it's pretty obvious and exciting news nonetheless.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Gotta LOVE how every "insider" about this rumor doesn't wanna give a name.
Stay vague as long as you can fake it.
If a studio gets in, you can say it's big even if it's not (like Double Fine is big for some people).
If not, you can say plans change. Or just that the acquisition is still happening in god knows how many years.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
can't put the blame on anybody but yourselves for posting all these tweets from nobodies. it's like clockwork, especially the tidex shit

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Let's be honest if a studio has been acquired it's more than likely going to be Kojima Productions after the success of Death Stranding. The next obvious would be Bluepoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.