• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 1 day, 6 hours, 18 minutes, 23 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

PlayStation Worldwide Studios |OT6| The only JRPGs we're getting are Jim Ryan Party GIFs

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely possible that Sony isn't BUYING them but instead putting together some kind of merger plan.

But still, pretty hard to believe either way.

nolifebr

Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Remedy is the safest bet since there were trusted people here in the forum confirmed that Sony was (or already had) entering into negotiations with them back in august or september if I'm not mistaken.

If it were real, how would it happen? Would Remedy shares automatically become Sony shares or something like that?

Dec 12, 2019
It's Bluepoint of course. I don't know why are you guys so excited - it seems obvious since last article in Wired.

There's probably something with Remedy, but it's more third-party exclusive rather than studio acquisition.

Dust

Oct 25, 2017
Unless this was just bogus, there isn’t much choice if it is a public traded one.

Martmyte

Feb 22, 2019
I'd love it to be Team Cherry. They could be huge for Sony in a way that Moon Studios is with the Ori games.

ByWatterson

Oct 28, 2017
Remedy is the safest bet since there were trusted people here in the forum confirmed that Sony was (or already had) entering into negotiations with them back in august or september if I'm not mistaken.

If it were real, how would it happen? Would Remedy shares automatically become Sony shares or something like that?
Well, to own them, Sony would purchase at least 51% of the shares. That would constitute ownership.