• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Loving the new look :)

This reminds me that we haven't heard any news from Manchester Studio for a looooooong time now

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Looking at that OP and reading all those "to be announced" in almost all companies is exciting, even though we can already predict what most of them are working on.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah I have to say the title should have the "PlayStation" part adjusted so the S is capital

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
orochi91dude, I submitted myself pretty much as soon as it was announced.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sie-worldwide-studios-ot5-part-ii.140049/post-25872402

And I repeat, do your worst...
PHZJEDa_d.jpg

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent OT. Bring on the State of Play for some much needed Tsushima news... I can't take the wait anymore.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is your reason why Shawn had to go.
He was probably against it.

I don't think he's confirming anything. He's speculating based off Sony's comment about multiplatform games from before. Which came from Shawn layden

www.playstationlifestyle.net

Shawn Layden Confirms Sony Studios Could Make Multiplatform Games with 'Broader Distribution' - PlayStation LifeStyle

Sony multiplatform games could be possible from in-house Sony studios, says Sony's Shawn Layden. Some titles may require a wider distribution.

And the new MLB news. Which was probably their decision anyway.

Shawn layden isn't at Sony anymore so who knows if that plan is even still a thing. Sony has been random with everything lately. As i said in the last thread, they need to be more clear about what they're doing with their first party titles. If you're planning to do what MS is doing with their games on PC, can you like........let it be known already.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
No, Shawn has in favour of that.

Im prety sure that it was a vision collision most likely, 2 peopel with 2 different visions.

But what was Shawn's vision? I guess is my question. He seemed keen on more smaller AA titles, and he saw things like VR, multiplayer games being released on PC, but maybe not something like death stranding or Horizon.

I'm just wild guessing, would love to read a interview by him in a few years.

Jan 20, 2019
But what was Shawn's vision? I guess is my question. He seemed keen on more smaller AA titles, and he saw things like VR, multiplayer games being released on PC, but maybe not something like death stranding or Horizon.

I'm just wild guessing, would love to read a interview by him in a few years.

I think Shawn want more of AAA type of approach, big titles to drive consoles sales instead of something like small titles.

And from what we are seeing, it seems Ryan wants to reach has many peopel has he can because of how gaming is changing.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I just started Days Gone and I have to ask this to check if I am not crazy.

So, am I overshooting when I say this game looks ridiculously good? There is some photorealistic stuff going on at parts.

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I just started Days Gone and I have to ask this to check if I am not crazy.

So, am I overshooting when I say this game looks ridiculously good? There is some photorealistic stuff going on at parts.
It's one of playstations best looking titles this gen even more impressive when you consider its open world but it didn't get any acknowledgement on that front either

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

You're not overshooting.

Bend's work on the game was somewhat underrated & overlooked, in my humble opinion.

Even Deacon's lip-sync was better than Part II's Joel in the trailer, IMO again.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Wow I hate to say this but damn PS5 is really gonna have to convince me to get it. Been debating updating my PC but if Sony plans to release everything on PC it will be a no brainer.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
What's with all of these threads lately with people thinking that all of Sony's games are going to PC?

Edit: Oh I see now. Why would Sony do something like this?

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Wow I hate to say this but damn PS5 is really gonna have to convince me to get it. Been debating updating my PC but if Sony plans to release everything on PC it will be a no brainer.

I was thinking about this yesterday. My problem is that I'm already heavily invested in the platform, I have to many games from PS3 and PS4 my account to simply let it go :(

And I'm one of those guys who likes to have everything on one platform.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I was thinking about this yesterday. My problem is that I'm already heavily invested in the platform, I have to many games from PS3 and PS4 my account to simply let it go :(

Is it likely Sony's biggest titles will hit PC? I am honestly so unsure at this point. Geeez Sony really has made PS5 a nervous purchase.

OlƩGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium

Think its a bit too early to panic yet boys lol
Unless you think you'''be playing TLoU P2 and Ghost of Tsuhsima next year on PC for example?

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Is it likely Sony's biggest titles will hit PC? I am honestly so unsure at this point. Geeez Sony really has made PS5 a nervous purchase.
Too early to be nervous.
I dont think they will be release games on PC. Maybe some multiplayer games. But not their biggest games.

Jason said recently that PS5 will have only-PS5 games.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Think its a bit too early to panic yet boys lol
Unless you think you'''be playing TLoU P2 and Ghost of Tsuhsima next year on PC for example?

It's still too early to be sure. And if it happens, I don't believe they will release the games simultaneously on PS5 and PC. But if Horizon actually goes to PC, it will be a big indication that they have no problems releasing any of their games on PC even if it takes 2 or 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.