• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2019
Hold on .... I've heard that before. That was in one of the 4chan leaks, right?

nDTqiXf.jpg

Yah

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

huggyhomer

Dec 14, 2018
Where is the problem, though? It's not like it overshadows those hundreds of quality posts since yesterday.

Also I find those job posts interesting, so Cyberia please continue!
I agree with you. I appreciate Cyberia posting the jobs. I have actually applied to and been interviewed because I checked out Cyberia's posts.

Jan 20, 2019

>More major PlayStation 5 news will be unveiled at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020
>PlayStation Meeting will be held at the Sony Hall in NYC (Sony Hall is an indoor venue in which Sony sponsors and supplies tech inside the theatre)
>The console design, controller, UI/home screen, certain features, console specs, talk from third parties/indie publishers, as well as announcements for PS5 exclusives will be shown.
>Buzz words for the console's features include "little to no load times", "blazing fast downloads", "immersive controls", "modular installs for games, download whatever", "disc drive included", and "download the games, or stream the games as an option" (we're looking at you Stadia)
>PlayStation Now plays a vital role. You can either access games through a subscription fee or own the games out right. Sony (for a limited time) will bundle a 3-month PS Now subscription with the PS5 in select regions in an effort to promote the service to many new owners
>Remote Play is a big feature too, allowing to play your PS5 games on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Play those game anywhere, so long there's a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. The console will act as the database for those games to be streamed wherever
>The PlayStation app on mobile gets updated for PS5, adding a new design and other features to enhance your PS5 experience
>Backwards compatiblty with all PS4 games is also a big feature. Through a new transferring features, users will easily transfer their PS4 games to the PS5 if those games are downloaded. Save data/backups for PS4 games will also be transferable
>Backwards compatibility is such a major feature, that games from all 5 PlayStation platforms (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS4), will be compatible on PS5, making it an "ultimate PlayStation console", putting an emphasis on past and present gaming. More details about backwards compatiblty will be discussed at a later date, especially at E3
>DualSchock 4 controllers, PSVR, and other PS4 accessories will be forwards compatible on the console as well, making it easy for existing PS4 to transition to the PS5 as well
>Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon Souls Remastered, Godfall and Legendz (new IP from SIE Santa Monica Studio) are some of the launch titles for the console
>Other games are teased, such as a new Horizon game, new Spider Man from Insomniac, new Crash Bandicoot game, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IPs from SIE Japan and London Studio, Final Fantasy 16 qnd a new Resident Evil title
>PS5 will launch worldwide in October 2020. Priced at $499 USD / £449 UK / €449 EU / ¥54,999 JP
>Launching in one model only. No "pro" model at launch
>Specs to be almost on par with Xbox Series X (which will be $100 more), and more powerful than Xbox Lockhart (a console that's $100 less with 4TFlops of compute power compared to the PS5's 10TFlops)
>Press/media will go hands on with the PS5 and it's software demos after the presentation. Expect lots of news coverage that day
>Pre orders for the PS5 will go up on the same day in select regions
>Sony will return to E3 for 2020 to discuss more on the PS5 and other upcoming titles
>"IT'S TIME TO PLAY." is PlayStation's new slogan for the PS5 and the brand as a whole

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
>More major PlayStation 5 news will be unveiled at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020
>PlayStation Meeting will be held at the Sony Hall in NYC (Sony Hall is an indoor venue in which Sony sponsors and supplies tech inside the theatre)
>The console design, controller, UI/home screen, certain features, console specs, talk from third parties/indie publishers, as well as announcements for PS5 exclusives will be shown.
>Buzz words for the console's features include "little to no load times", "blazing fast downloads", "immersive controls", "modular installs for games, download whatever", "disc drive included", and "download the games, or stream the games as an option" (we're looking at you Stadia)
>PlayStation Now plays a vital role. You can either access games through a subscription fee or own the games out right. Sony (for a limited time) will bundle a 3-month PS Now subscription with the PS5 in select regions in an effort to promote the service to many new owners
>Remote Play is a big feature too, allowing to play your PS5 games on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Play those game anywhere, so long there's a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. The console will act as the database for those games to be streamed wherever
>The PlayStation app on mobile gets updated for PS5, adding a new design and other features to enhance your PS5 experience
>Backwards compatiblty with all PS4 games is also a big feature. Through a new transferring features, users will easily transfer their PS4 games to the PS5 if those games are downloaded. Save data/backups for PS4 games will also be transferable
>Backwards compatibility is such a major feature, that games from all 5 PlayStation platforms (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS4), will be compatible on PS5, making it an "ultimate PlayStation console", putting an emphasis on past and present gaming. More details about backwards compatiblty will be discussed at a later date, especially at E3
>DualSchock 4 controllers, PSVR, and other PS4 accessories will be forwards compatible on the console as well, making it easy for existing PS4 to transition to the PS5 as well
>Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon Souls Remastered, Godfall and Legendz (new IP from SIE Santa Monica Studio) are some of the launch titles for the console
>Other games are teased, such as a new Horizon game, new Spider Man from Insomniac, new Crash Bandicoot game, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IPs from SIE Japan and London Studio, Final Fantasy 16 qnd a new Resident Evil title
>PS5 will launch worldwide in October 2020. Priced at $499 USD / £449 UK / €449 EU / ¥54,999 JP
>Specs to be almost on par with Xbox Series X (which will be $100 more), and more powerful than Xbox Lockhart (a console that's $100 less with 4TFlops of compute power compared to the PS5's 10TFlops)
>Press/media will go hands on with the PS5 and it's software demos after the presentation. Expect lots of news coverage that day
>Sony will return to E3 for 2020 to discuss more on the PS5 and other upcoming titles
>"IT'S TIME TO PLAY." is PlayStation's new slogan for the PS5 and the brand as a whole

A Santa Monica game named legendz completely negates this leak for me though. Maybe if it would've said San Diego. Also the difference between dollar and euro price. Has never happened.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
""IT'S TIME TO PLAY." is PlayStation's new slogan for the PS5 and the brand as a whole "
The only thing that discredits this leak is that they said Sony would be at E3, which they're not lol.
The one above regarding the slogan and full BC with other consoles.

They had me until the "Sony will return to E3 2020" line.

BC with all PS consoles would be a gigaton, if true.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The part about them returning to E3 also makes me doubt the leak now :/

But maybe at the time of the leak Sony were still planning to attend.

They had me until the "Sony will return to E3 2020" line.

BC with all PS consoles would be a gigaton, if true.

Yeah just saw that too.

I still doubt it'll have BC with all consoles but it would be a big moment.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Far too many stuff being revealed for that leak to be real: design, price, ton of games, BC for everything...I don't believe it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Sony's PC support extending to PS5(outside of MLB The Show) and I have no idea why people are jumping to that outside of wishful thinking of paranoia.

We're on the cusp of a New Generation. Putting select last gen heavy hitters on PC makes a ton of sense, not only to mitigate heavy spending on next gen, but as an alternative to selling Remasters which will likely be replaced by free patches for Playstation users.

Last edited:

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to make a fake leak, listing MLB '21 as a launch game for a console releasing this November is a bad place to start.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
MLB 2021 releasing in October.. fake as fuck

If you're going to make a fake leak, listing MLB '21 as a launch game for a console releasing this November is a bad place to start.
Didn't see this above me before I replied but exactly

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's just the unpredictable nature of game development. It's not like these studios are intending to delay these games when they announce those initial dates. And given what we've seen this gen in terms of games that haven't been allowed to cook even though they need extra time, i'm not really bothered by it. I'm sure those devs prefer to see disappointment in delays than the game they've spent years working on getting mauled by the press and gamers for months/years.
I'm with you point by point. It was more of a general comment on our, let's say, natural inclination to believe what we're told by the studios. We should know better by now, not because they act in bad faith, but due to the hard environment where, as you pointed at, have to work in. My personal reaction then, after so many years, tends to be one of cautious skepticism. Though it's true that this situation also changes by company: Capcom, for example, once they set a date, it's rarely changed. This is not the case with SIE, as we know. But the bottom line couldn't be more true, it's the final result what really counts, not the number of delays or problems.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Where is the problem, though? It's not like it overshadows those hundreds of quality posts since yesterday.

Also I find those job posts interesting, so Cyberia please continue!

I agree with you. I appreciate Cyberia posting the jobs. I have actually applied to and been interviewed because I checked out Cyberia's posts.

No? It's interesting and on-topic. So I hope Cyberia keeps finding and posting them.

<3

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That 4chan post sounds more like a mix of old rumors + some bullshit springled on top of it to make it look more appealing tbh.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Legendz is such a terrible name lol, only a fanboy would come up with something like that.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"it's time to play" was a PS4 marketing slogan way before that 4Chan "leak." Had they (4Chan) released this slogan in advance of any official PS marketing I'd be hyped as hell but as it stands, we're still in that "reddit guy said" holding pattern.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I was with it until the leak listed "legendz" as a launch title from SSM, and also the new Sci Fi IP from ND sounds like pure fandom lol. Fake.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Sony saying on stage that "PS5 is not only PS4 back compat, but you can also play your PS3, PS2, and PS1 games" that is a mic drop moment.

h78E928C7

Status
Not open for further replies.