• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Sony saying on stage that "PS5 is not only PS4 back compat, but you can also play your PS3, PS2, and PS1 games" that is a mic drop moment.

h78E928C7
PS5 will now play PC games.
/s

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
>More major PlayStation 5 news will be unveiled at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020
>PlayStation Meeting will be held at the Sony Hall in NYC (Sony Hall is an indoor venue in which Sony sponsors and supplies tech inside the theatre)
>The console design, controller, UI/home screen, certain features, console specs, talk from third parties/indie publishers, as well as announcements for PS5 exclusives will be shown.
>Buzz words for the console's features include "little to no load times", "blazing fast downloads", "immersive controls", "modular installs for games, download whatever", "disc drive included", and "download the games, or stream the games as an option" (we're looking at you Stadia)
>PlayStation Now plays a vital role. You can either access games through a subscription fee or own the games out right. Sony (for a limited time) will bundle a 3-month PS Now subscription with the PS5 in select regions in an effort to promote the service to many new owners
>Remote Play is a big feature too, allowing to play your PS5 games on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Play those game anywhere, so long there's a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. The console will act as the database for those games to be streamed wherever
>The PlayStation app on mobile gets updated for PS5, adding a new design and other features to enhance your PS5 experience
>Backwards compatiblty with all PS4 games is also a big feature. Through a new transferring features, users will easily transfer their PS4 games to the PS5 if those games are downloaded. Save data/backups for PS4 games will also be transferable
>Backwards compatibility is such a major feature, that games from all 5 PlayStation platforms (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS4), will be compatible on PS5, making it an "ultimate PlayStation console", putting an emphasis on past and present gaming. More details about backwards compatiblty will be discussed at a later date, especially at E3
>DualSchock 4 controllers, PSVR, and other PS4 accessories will be forwards compatible on the console as well, making it easy for existing PS4 to transition to the PS5 as well
>Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon Souls Remastered, Godfall and Legendz (new IP from SIE Santa Monica Studio) are some of the launch titles for the console
>Other games are teased, such as a new Horizon game, new Spider Man from Insomniac, new Crash Bandicoot game, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IPs from SIE Japan and London Studio, Final Fantasy 16 qnd a new Resident Evil title
>PS5 will launch worldwide in October 2020. Priced at $499 USD / £449 UK / €449 EU / ¥54,999 JP
>Launching in one model only. No "pro" model at launch
>Specs to be almost on par with Xbox Series X (which will be $100 more), and more powerful than Xbox Lockhart (a console that's $100 less with 4TFlops of compute power compared to the PS5's 10TFlops)
>Press/media will go hands on with the PS5 and it's software demos after the presentation. Expect lots of news coverage that day
>Pre orders for the PS5 will go up on the same day in select regions
>Sony will return to E3 for 2020 to discuss more on the PS5 and other upcoming titles
>"IT'S TIME TO PLAY." is PlayStation's new slogan for the PS5 and the brand as a whole
rs

Last edited:

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If they somehow get PS1 games back on PS5... I hope all the PS1 games I bought on PS3 move over lol

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
>More major PlayStation 5 news will be unveiled at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020
>PlayStation Meeting will be held at the Sony Hall in NYC (Sony Hall is an indoor venue in which Sony sponsors and supplies tech inside the theatre)
>The console design, controller, UI/home screen, certain features, console specs, talk from third parties/indie publishers, as well as announcements for PS5 exclusives will be shown.
>Buzz words for the console's features include "little to no load times", "blazing fast downloads", "immersive controls", "modular installs for games, download whatever", "disc drive included", and "download the games, or stream the games as an option" (we're looking at you Stadia)
>PlayStation Now plays a vital role. You can either access games through a subscription fee or own the games out right. Sony (for a limited time) will bundle a 3-month PS Now subscription with the PS5 in select regions in an effort to promote the service to many new owners
>Remote Play is a big feature too, allowing to play your PS5 games on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Play those game anywhere, so long there's a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. The console will act as the database for those games to be streamed wherever
>The PlayStation app on mobile gets updated for PS5, adding a new design and other features to enhance your PS5 experience
>Backwards compatiblty with all PS4 games is also a big feature. Through a new transferring features, users will easily transfer their PS4 games to the PS5 if those games are downloaded. Save data/backups for PS4 games will also be transferable
>Backwards compatibility is such a major feature, that games from all 5 PlayStation platforms (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS4), will be compatible on PS5, making it an "ultimate PlayStation console", putting an emphasis on past and present gaming. More details about backwards compatiblty will be discussed at a later date, especially at E3
>DualSchock 4 controllers, PSVR, and other PS4 accessories will be forwards compatible on the console as well, making it easy for existing PS4 to transition to the PS5 as well
>Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon Souls Remastered, Godfall and Legendz (new IP from SIE Santa Monica Studio) are some of the launch titles for the console
>Other games are teased, such as a new Horizon game, new Spider Man from Insomniac, new Crash Bandicoot game, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IPs from SIE Japan and London Studio, Final Fantasy 16 qnd a new Resident Evil title
>PS5 will launch worldwide in October 2020. Priced at $499 USD / £449 UK / €449 EU / ¥54,999 JP
>Launching in one model only. No "pro" model at launch
>Specs to be almost on par with Xbox Series X (which will be $100 more), and more powerful than Xbox Lockhart (a console that's $100 less with 4TFlops of compute power compared to the PS5's 10TFlops)
>Press/media will go hands on with the PS5 and it's software demos after the presentation. Expect lots of news coverage that day
>Pre orders for the PS5 will go up on the same day in select regions
>Sony will return to E3 for 2020 to discuss more on the PS5 and other upcoming titles
>"IT'S TIME TO PLAY." is PlayStation's new slogan for the PS5 and the brand as a whole
The pricing immediately invalidates this leak. Not only is that unlikely to be finalised just yet but it will have parity between the US and EU (i.e. it would be $499 and €499).
Also no way Sony is releasing a game called Legendz in 2020 haha.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, sorry folks for acting like an idiot last night. (for those who even remember me posting)

It's more of a personal hangup I guess? I love playing games on my PS4, PC, and Switch but sometimes when it comes to PC stuff... I read into posts as if they're saying people are idiots for not having played the PC version. Like in the sense of: "Oh why wouldn't you play the clearly superior version?" and so I begin to think: "Oh, I guess I am idiot."

Like I said it's a personal thing, I don't think anyone was trying to say that. But it informed why I started to go all doom and gloom last night basically proclaiming that this is the end and other dumb shit.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017

If you follow the link to his alleged "nailed it" PS4 Pro post you can see that it's not at all so. Also, a Sony IP on next gen Xbox is far fetched at this point.

"We were also given a list of games that will be available at launch that will directly take advantage of the PS4K where the differences are and I will quote him "Significant."

For the PSVR

Eve Valkyrie
Robinson
GT Sport

For the PS4K
Deep Down (Thought this was dead)
GOW4 (This was the exact abbreviation on the sheet I can only assume its god of war 4)"

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Doesn't Sony own the order 1886 IP? Can they use the same name? Even if it was the order being described

They do. The writer probably didn't know that and thought a sequel could be multiplat.

Anyway, i don't believe it but i would love to see a sequel. Just to see that Sony doesn't give up on RaD.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Sony own the order 1886 IP?

Yep:
Ready at Dawn is now best known for its gorgeous-but-lacking PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886, a franchise Sams and Weerasuriya say the studio would have loved to retain ownership of.

"It was absolutely the company's desire to own it," Sams told GamesIndustry. "We love that game and we are proud of it. Unfortunately, we were at a point in the company's evolution where owning that IP was not possible. We hope to not find ourselves in that position again."

Weerasuriya added: "We knew going in that it was one of the conditions of partnering with Sony, so in that sense, there is no regret. With the amount of work we placed in creating The Order as an IP, our initial desire was definitely to retain ownership. But at the time, we also knew that it would take a partner to place focus and effort into all the ancillary work beyond the game itself."

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shitballs! I don't wanna hype this rumor up too much, but Benji's doing his livestream and I asked him if he had any thoughts on potential Sony acquisitions, mentioning that we've heard everything from Bluepoint and Remedy all the way up to Zenimax.

His response is at 33:40 in this video:

Now to be clear, he seemed very hesitant to commit to a solid answer so by no means am I going to put words into his mouth. Still, what do you all think of his response?

Here's a transcript I quickly made of what he said:

"What do I say here? ... What do I say? Gotta be careful what I say here. Here's what I'll say, maybe the Zenimax rumor sounds crazy, maybe it is crazy. I can tell you I've heard, I'll give zero/no more info on this, but that Zenimax has looked before for Bethesda and such to be acquired. Not gonna say anything else."
*zipped up his lips*

And if you're still out there reading these threads Benji, we love you and miss you! :)

Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Played some more Days Gone now and enjoying it a lot.I'm playing on hard II difficulty because I figured from the reception the game got it would probably be a fairly standard open world game....and it pretty much is right now.
Playing this difficulty has made the game world super dangerous and just getting off my bike to check an empty house for supplies is nerve-racking as hell,lol.
Groups of freakers are really tough and I can't imagine a horde right now....I'm glad I picked this difficulty as it's giving the game a real edge I don't think it would have had otherwise....long,long way to go though.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Pretty interesting. Osiris didn't said it's PS5 and XBOX.
Hope its true, The Order deserves a second chance.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Played some more Days Gone now and enjoying it a lot.I'm playing on hard II difficulty because I figured from the reception the game got it would probably be a fairly standard open world game....and it pretty much is right now.
Playing this difficulty has made the game world super dangerous and just getting off my bike to check an empty house for supplies is nerve-racking as hell,lol.
Groups of freakers are really tough and I can't imagine a horde right now....I'm glad I picked this difficulty as it's giving the game a real edge I don't think it would have had otherwise....long,long way to go though.

According to my stats, it was my most played PS4 game last year and I enjoyed every moment of it. Wasn't expecting the world to look as amazing as it does so I guess that makes you want to invest time in it doing missions and exploring lol

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shitballs! I don't wanna hype this rumor up too much, but Benji's doing his livestream and I asked him if he had any thoughts on potential Sony acquisitions, mentioning that we've heard everything from Bluepoint and Remedy all the way up to Zenimax.

Now to be clear, he seemed very hesitant to commit to a solid answer so by no means am I going to put words into his mouth. Still, what do you all think of his response?

"What do I say here? ... What do I say? Gotta be careful what I say here. Here's what I'll say, maybe the Zenimax rumor sounds crazy, maybe it is crazy. I can tell you I've heard, I'll give zero/no more info on this, but that Zenimax has looked before for Bethesda and such to be acquired. Not gonna say anything else."
*zipped up his lips*

And if you're still out there reading these threads Benji, we love you and miss you! :)

Wtf. This can't be a thing right?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
A possible Zenimax acquisition definitely sounds a lot likelier with Sony opening up to PC. Rebrand the Bethesda launcher to a PlayStation launcher, have all future Sony titles on PC exclusive to it so they don't have to share a cut with Epic and Valve and bring other 3rd parties to the launcher so PlayStation Now subscribers can also download titles on PC instead of just streaming right now.
Still at the end of the day I think it's bullshit simply because of how expensive all those studios + IPs must be. It's hard to guess because Zenimax isn't a public company but I'd image it would cost multiple billions.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My feelings for this game has been like a rollercoaster even though i have not played it. At the first abnouncment i felt luke warm on it. Later on i thought it might be interresting. Then whwn Gameinformer had it's huge feature of the game i was all over it and wanted it day one. The closee to release we for, i didn't feel likw buying it but now i feel i have to. Gonna play through Kiwami 2 first though and hopefully i get to Days Gone next.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ramifications of a Zenimax purchase would be huge, but at least PC players would know the games would still wind up on their platform.

I can't imagine the blowback if the games don't go to other systems though.

Plus Bethesda has been very pro-Xbox for ages, it just doesn't make sense.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Say if Sony DOES buy Zenimax, how likely will it affect those studios? Will it be the case that they take over management of the teams and get them up to their standard?

I just don't see the benefit to Sony, there's no way they'd block Elder Scrolls from being on multiple platforms (Why would they?) and they're taking on all the costs and teams for no unique gain.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Zenimax... I just can't see it. Sony going for Capcom or Sega, perhaps, in some alternate timeline. Zenimax-SIE would be the gaming industry's equivalent to the Disney-Fox merger in terms of controversy.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017

*zipped up his lips*

So... I feel like I remember that being a thing they talked about publicly? Like, I feel like I remember reading articles that they were looking to potentially be acquired. And as he mentions in the video, he "doesn't know if it's Sony". He's basically just pointing out it would be possible.

From my perspective though, I don't think Sony is a good fit at all to buy them, because they would pay for resources they don't need, then would likely do mass layoffs.

Here's an article I found. A private equity firm with a large stake in the company was looking to sell or have the company go public in 2016, from my understanding: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...to-weigh-options-for-video-game-maker-zenimax

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019

Ha! I'm in the same boat as you. Playing at hard 2 really makes dealing with the freakers a challenge. It truly does feel like a survival game specially that amo is scarce and there is no health regeneration. The game is pretty fun and it keeps getting more fun as I go.

I also like the story and characters. Lots of room for improvements but I'm definitely enjoying my time with this game. Cant wait till i take on a hoard

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Sorry my ignorance, but what is zenimax ?
ZeniMax Media Inc. is an American video game holding company based in Rockville, Maryland, and founded in 1999. The company owns id Software (developer of the Doom, Quake and Rage series), Arkane Studios (developer of Dishonored and Prey), MachineGames (developer of the Wolfenstein series),[3] Tango Gameworks (developer of The Evil Within),[4] publisher Bethesda Softworks with its Bethesda Game Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series) and ZeniMax Online Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls Online).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Bethesda would rather go independent from Zenimax than be bought from a manufacturer. It's still not happening.

edit: seriously, that's like saying 2K will sell Rockstar to Sony. Get real lol.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
ZeniMax Media Inc. is an American video game holding company based in Rockville, Maryland, and founded in 1999. The company owns id Software (developer of the Doom, Quake and Rage series), Arkane Studios (developer of Dishonored and Prey), MachineGames (developer of the Wolfenstein series),[3] Tango Gameworks (developer of The Evil Within),[4] publisher Bethesda Softworks with its Bethesda Game Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series) and ZeniMax Online Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls Online).
Bethesda, elder Scrolls Fallout, Doom parent company.
Thanks !!

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Zenimax-SIE merger would 100% point to a PC-PS5 centric future for Playstation. A PC storefront with all of SIE's and Zeni's output would be an insane market player on PC. Elder-Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom being Playstation console exclusives would be just as batshit in the console market.
All this is to prove just how not likely this rumor is, it would shift the gaming landscape to a degree i'm not sure Sony is confortable (or financially capable of) doing.

Oct 24, 2019
Wh

*zipped up his lips*

Who's Benji and what makes him reliable?

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
If Zenimax really were looking to sell off their games division it would be enough if Sony bought Arkane and MachineGames.

Especially Arkane, I'm frothing at the mouth thinking about what they are capable of in the right hands.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not expecting anymore acquisitions from Sony and if it happens it'll be studios they've worked with before.

Status
Not open for further replies.