• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
I would pay so much money for a Spider-Man game from Insomniac in the cel-shaded art style of Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2).

5095184794daa3e06d4bff7521ee4e6bb58bb959r1-640-480v2_hq.jpg
I really, REALLY want a remaster/remake of this game

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
He's clearly just having fun with Trump's Space Force uniforms being unveiled. This has nothing to do with anything. Whew, the thirst is real :(

Yeah, Cory's a pretty liberal guy and today Space Force was trending because their uniforms were unveiled and it's just the same damn camo uniforms that they've always used. Which just highlights how much of a fucking waste of money this whole thing is. Whenever he's posting something you think is a hint or cryptic, just look at what he's posted recently and you'll probably figure out what it's really about. Like that "end transmission" tweet that people thought was a hint, when in reality it was just him signaling that he's going to stop posting in all caps.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
In regards to getting less games this gen, something that's always left out of the conversation is the length of the games we're getting now. For example, Santa Monica Studio released GOW3 and GOWAscension last gen compared to only GOWPS4 this gen, but GOWPS4 is longer than both of those games combined.

Even looking at Naughty Dog with the Uncharted trilogy and TLoU on PS3, when you add the time it takes to finish Uncharted 4, The Lost Legacy, and do an estimate on TLoU2, they are only a few hours behind what we got from them last gen.

You can do the same for Guerrilla and Sucker Punch, to some it seems like we're getting less from Sony's studios, but we're not. The only studio you can say we're possibly getting less from is Media Molecule, but it remains to be seen because of everything possible in Dreams.

Last edited:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
In regards to getting less games this gen, something that's always left out of the conversation is the length of the games we're getting now. For example, Santa Monica Studio released GOW3 and GOWAscension last gen compared to only GOWPS4 this gen, but GOWPS4 is longer than both of those games combined.

Even looking at Naughty Dog with the Uncharted trilogy and TLoU on PS3, when you add the time it takes to finish Uncharted 4, The Lost Legacy, and do an estimate on TLoU2, they are only a few hours behind what we got from them last gen.

You can do the same for Guerrilla and Sucker Punch, to some it seems like we're getting less from Sony's studios, but we're not. The only studio you can say we're possibly getting less from is Media Molecule, but it remains to be seen because of everything possible in Dreams.
Nice point and well said. I have a backlog and that's proof enough for me there's always plenty of gsmes to play.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I wonder if the next week will be interesting for Sony as this last one was. If the PS Meeting really happens in February, we should know about it in the next two weeks.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I adore Last Of Us, it's one of my favourites of all time but part of me really wants to see what Naughty Dog will be working on after Part 2. If the rumour about a sci-fi game is true then that would be amazing!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I adore Last Of Us, it's one of my favourites of all time but part of me really wants to see what Naughty Dog will be working on after Part 2. If the rumour about a sci-fi game is true then that would be amazing!

Neil's indicated that anything is on the table once PII is out. He gave an example of them making a FP game since they've never done something like that before.

Oct 25, 2017
That's just not the kind of stories they seem to do? Sure, you could say they could want to do something new and different, but I don't see this kind of stuff greenlit at any other Sony studio either.
I never saw them doing TLOU either. I'm pretty sure they get to make almost whatever they want if they manage to make a great prototype showing huge potential.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
That's just not the kind of stories they seem to do? Sure, you could say they could want to do something new and different, but I don't see this kind of stuff greenlit at any other Sony studio either.

Maybe i'm missing something, but why exactly do you think something like those images wouldn't be greenlit within Sony?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Lol what ?

Sony is giving their devs a lot of freedom and would for sure not deny sci fi horror game. xD

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is why I am really excited for the upcoming game output for the PlayStation 5.

We will have sequels to some really great games (God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet & Clank, Days Gone, probably Ghost of Tsushima, etc) but also new IP from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Insomniac, etc.

This will be an amazing mix of games plus all the potential third party collaborations and VR games.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They funded death stranding i mean that game goes against all their AAA stuff. Yeah it has that cinematic feel but gameplay and story wise it is completley left field.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Naughty Dog are in the top 3 studios around today. I'm pretty sure Sony would greenlight anything they wanted to do at this point haha

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
ND is doing a MP title only that should be enough to prove that they can do whatever they want lol
Yes a MP game only from a SIE what was the last one ?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I never saw them doing TLOU either. I'm pretty sure they get to make almost whatever they want if they manage to make a great prototype showing huge potential.
You didn't see the devs of Uncharted, a AAA action-adventure with an adventurer (ala Indiana Jones), doing a AAA action-adventure post-apocalyptic game with some similar mechanics? That was a good possibility at the very least, and in line with what they did successfully before.
Lol what ?

Sony is giving their devs a lot of freedom and would for sure not deny sci fi horror game. xD
I mean, I'd love to see it. But I fail to see that in reality.
Their devs doing something weird/different from usual are either really small (I don't think you'd put MM at the level of ND) or it's Japan Studio.
I don't really anything pointing to Naughty Dog (or Sony as a whole) wanting to make a AAA western production with an heavy level of gore, and a cybernetic heavy setting.
They funded death stranding i mean that game goes against all their AAA stuff. Yeah it has that cinematic feel but gameplay and story wise it is completley left field.
True. I guess I didn't count Kojima because I was talking about first-party studios, but yeah, Sony funded that so it counts.
I guess it also goes in line with what Cory said about "I'm not Kojima" and difference of treatment.
Maybe i'm missing something, but why exactly do you think something like those images wouldn't be greenlit within Sony?
As said above, maybe because the concept images don't fit with tones we've seen from Sony this decade.
Gore/horror is seen in Bloodborne but in a completely different way (and please don't give me TLOU in comparison), Detroit is not really about the same kind of message about cybernetics and robots, etc. This feels more like a western take on GITS and other dark cyberpunk imagery (and Cyberpunk 2077 isn't going in this direction either).
Legit question, do you think Sony would greenlight their (arguably) biggest studio to do this kind of game? I'd love to see it, but do you see it selling as well as their other, safer, games?

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this week we get good news from sony or I can't see PS meeting happing this February (at least at the beginning of month)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
As said above, maybe because the concept images don't fit with tones we've seen from Sony this decade.
Gore/horror is seen in Bloodborne but in a completely different way (and please don't give me TLOU in comparison), Detroit is not really about the same kind of message about cybernetics and robots, etc. This feels more like a western take on GITS and other dark cyberpunk imagery (and Cyberpunk 2077 isn't going in this direction either).
Legit question, do you think Sony would greenlight their (arguably) biggest studio to do this kind of game? I'd love to see it, but do you see it selling as well as their other, safer, games?

I absolutely think they'd fund it. This is the same company that funded the God of War games, which are hyper violent and filled with tons of gore. And the only GoW they chose to remaster this generation was the most hyper violent/gore filled GoW of them all (GoW3). I don't think there's anything to indicate that SIE would shy away from violence or gore. As far as its sales potential. Is there really any reason to doubt a Naughty Dog games sales potential? Every series they've made has been a hit. And let's be honest, if they make a game with gore it's not going to turn into Mortal Kombat. They aren't just going to make some gory just to do it. There's going to be a strong narrative tied into it that brings it all together.

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't see the devs of Uncharted, a AAA action-adventure with an adventurer (ala Indiana Jones), doing a AAA action-adventure post-apocalyptic game with some similar mechanics? That was a good possibility at the very least, and in line with what they did successfully before.
No I did not. TLOU is way more serious in tone than Uncharted 3. The difference is quite big, entirely different feel.

The point was that if they pitch a very good idea, I don't think SIE management is going to stop them to make a great game that they have a great ambition towards to. What if SIE said no to Guerrilla cause it's too different kind of game of what they have made before and the risks are too big?

Last edited:

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
So imagine we get 2 or 3 Sony exclusive games on PlayStation 5 this year. From which studios could they realistically come? Guerrilla Games and Horizon 2 seems a lock in already, but what else?

Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, Bend and Santa Monica all just have released games or will release a PS4 game soon. What else could they have for PS5 this year? Not having 4 or 5 total exclusive games would be strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.