• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The more i think about it the more I'm convinced that sony is just going to do an SoP to reveal the PS5.

Lately all been doing is unexpected desicions that I would not be suprised if that was the case.

They might but I'll be counting those hundreds of events where they're gonna show up. I won't let slide a single one.

Edit: CES 2020, 1 out 200.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
idgaf you don't like it the problem is you projecting your dislike further than it needs to be
There's a total of 20 seconds of gameplay at best altogether you don't know who's gonna like, if it has staying power or anything of the sort. So continue not liking it that's well in ya rights but its not that hard not to project it's really not
So you give a fuck then, cool.
I don't see you complaining about people "projecting" on games that aren't even announced, or games that people get hyped about with as much footage.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I'm convinced that if Godfall were coming from a Japanese company, Era would be eating it up :P
Stick a Platinum logo on that baby and this website goes down.
The more i think about it the more I'm convinced that sony is just going to do an SoP to reveal the PS5.

Lately all been doing is unexpected desicions that I would not be suprised if that was the case.
Nah. Sony are weird and inconsistent but hardware reveals are absolutely massive for all companies. They want journalists to be there, they want the legitimacy that a proper 'event' brings.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I am looking and all I see is a very old build/low res 6 second video. I cannot tell that it looks neither good or bad. Do you always come to conclusions based on such little facts?
There's a short gameplay video from December + the genre, can I dislike a game or?

I'm so sorry. I promise this thread wasn't always like this 🚶🏾‍♂️

From what I see, you really like to talk uh? You always want to appear great and seek for attention.
Next time, if you wanna talk about me, tag me and if you don't like what I said, block me.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

At this point, I'm starting to think that they won't reveal everything at once. They will probably continue with small details (in the style of the Wired articles) until close to launch.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Stick a Platinum logo on that baby and this website goes down.
Nah. Sony are weird and inconsistent but hardware reveals are absolutely massive for all companies. They want journalists to be there, they want the legitimacy that a proper 'event' brings.
Did you expected Sony to miss E3 on the year they reveal a new console?

I'm just saying that at this point I would not be suprised.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a short gameplay video from December + the genre, can I dislike a game or?

From what I see, you really like to talk uh? You always want to appear great and seek for attention.
Next time, if you wanna talk about me, tag me and if you don't like what I said, block me.
What are you talking about exactly lol? Get out ya feelings. You said a hot take ppl called you out live in that

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

Me either, and when companies are trying new things I expect some fails.

To be honest I don't get why the Apple formula isn't more popular. Just do one event a year. Sprinkle in some SOP'z, and support gaming conferences with demos etc...

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

True, I have no idea lol

But I'd guess they're not gonna completely go against the grain of the tech industry in relation to revealing hardware. Even Nintendo did a live conference for the Switch.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Playstation Meeting 2013 video, it is honestly a pretty bad presentation, especially in retrospect. Deep down was (and honestly still is) amazing, but it was vaporware. No final fantasy announcement, but I guess we got a concept video? The big hit titles like Knack, Killzone and Destiny were mediocre at best. The rest of the games are just whatever, and most importantly barely show anything cool. Also a huge part of the 2 hours presentation is basically them talking about PS4 without actually showing anything about it, which feels like the most boring way to reveal a new console. Not really that surprising but basically nothing that defined PS4 is there, for better or worse.

Nevertheless, assuming it's a presentation in similar style, I hope the PS5 reveal is much more competent than this. It's a bit hard to speculate considering the radio silence and most of the rumors just add confusion though.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
You can dislike whatever you want mate, but it says a lot about you and your personality that you can write off something without barely knowing anything about it. =)

Third-person action fantasy looter game with focus on co-op? That's enough for me honestly, it's a genre already seen, nothing new.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What is bullshit about saying that Godfall doesn't look impressive in any way? Again, character design is generic, you got the typical UE4 tech demo look (assets, textures, particles, animations...), and it's a mid tier launch title.
There's nothing wrong about that. If it's one of your most anticipated titles, sorry you're taking it this way. If not, I don't see why you're getting mad about some criticism for a launch title most people likely won't remember once big titles are announced.
"Defense force" "mad" do you even know what those mean or you're just throwing shit around? You judged the quality of the game based on its visuals alone, nothing in what we've seen is an indication of its quality hence the bullshit.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
You can dislike whatever you want mate, but it says a lot about you and your personality that you can write off something without barely knowing anything about it. =)

So aesthetics alone can't play a big role what people like and dislike? Making a decision based on currently available info (that very well could change) portrays someone's personality. Because people don't currently like what you are championing for based off the same info in your own words barely know anything about.

It's like people can't have different opinions with out being put down.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
So aesthetics alone can't play a big role what people like and dislike? Making a decision based on currently available info (that very well could change) portrays someone's personality. Because people don't currently like what you are championing for based off the same info in your own words barely know anything about.

If you feel offended by what I said, you are part of the issue. Judging and making up assumptions like calling a product "generic" or a "Tech demo" based on insufficient information is down right silly.

Not liking the pure aesthetics is a pretty fair subjective criticism based on what was shown (if a bit narrow minded), but that has 0 impact on its final product/how the game is played.

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal
Watching the Playstation Meeting 2013 video, it is honestly a pretty bad presentation, especially in retrospect. Deep down was (and honestly still is) amazing, but it was vaporware. No final fantasy announcement, but I guess we got a concept video? The big hit titles like Knack, Killzone and Destiny were mediocre at best. The rest of the games are just whatever, and most importantly barely show anything cool. Also a huge part of the 2 hours presentation is basically them talking about PS4 without actually showing anything about it, which feels like the most boring way to reveal a new console. Not really that surprising but basically nothing that defined PS4 is there, for better or worse.

Nevertheless, assuming it's a presentation in similar style, I hope the PS5 reveal is much more competent than this. It's a bit hard to speculate considering the radio silence and most of the rumors just add confusion though.
PS Meeting is not about games, if you find the event boring then just wait for E3

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018

The funny thing is that he judged me as a person without knowing me at all.
I saw the gameplay and I didn't like it, same thing for the genre
People want to hear what they want to hear.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Where are people getting R&C from? Is this just a big assumption?
More of an assumption than any direct confirmation. It makes too much sense though and hasn't been shot down by anybody.

R&C 2016 was a big success, Insomniac have a prolific output, Layden spoke about how important both Spider-man and Ratchet were when they got purchased, some unannounced PS4/cross-gen games had the possibility of moving next-gen according to Zhuge etc.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
If you feel offended by what I said, you are part of the issue. Judging and making up assumptions like calling a product "generic" or a "Tech demo" based on insufficient information is down right silly.

Not liking the pure aesthetics is a pretty fair subjective criticism based on what was shown (if a bit narrow minded), but that has 0 impact on its final product/how the game is played.

Who said I was offended? Is anyone talking about the final product here besides you? It's not even out yet. Saying something looks generic or it looks like an UE4 tech demo has nothing to do with lacking information, they clearly have showed what the game looks like even if it's 8n snippets. I feel like your stretching what's is actually being talked about into something more then it is.

I also don't see what's really narrow minded about having the luxury of living in a time were can pick what we find visually appealing. It's a product not a person.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this thread is getting beyond desperate when there's people body guarding for Godfall. Some of you act like they revealed the great Knack 3, Now that would be something to be hyped about. Godfall will most likely drop off from existence before, or within the month of release. Sony is most likely saving the good stuff to showcase later.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Where are people getting R&C from? Is this just a big assumption?
A former IGN editor who we are not allowed to discuss here because of his political views straight up said that "you haven't seen the last of Ratchet & Clank on PS4" during a podcast in early 2019. I think people practically calling a R&C game confirmed for PS5 launch period are jumping to conclusions though. Insomniac just released Stormland and Spider-Man 2 should definitely be happening.

Last edited:

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Damn, this thread is getting beyond desperate when there's people body guarding for Godfall. Some of you act like they revealed the great Knack 3, Now that would be something to be hyped about. Godfall will most likely drop off from existence before, or within the month of release. Sony is most likely saving the good stuff to showcase later.

Lord save us and don´t allow Godfall to be in the same level of Knack.
I mean I´m not expecting a masterpiece from Godfall but I expect it at least to be fun...something that Knack fails to be.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
More like some people desperate o crap on something because its not up to their standards of a launch game somehow.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So PS5 launch titles are looking like this so far:

-Demons Souls
- Godfall
-Assassin's Creed: Viking?
-NBA2K
-Madden
-Call of Duty
-Ratchet &Clank
-FIFA 2021
-Arrowhead's title
-Housemarque title?

This is looking like a dope launch for PS5 so far what else?

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Have no problem waiting to play this on PS5
P5G9fc0.gif

M5nbrU4.gif

sb4dA.gif
Pr3Hn.gif

IaW2zsu.gif

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ I'm fucking floored every time I see Ghost.

my dream game, I can't hold out y'all 😅

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Thread is getting beyond desperate because people are not writting a game off after a few seconds like you do ?

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I am glad they are changing it up though. Been gaming for so long tired of the same beats so them doing something new is extremely appealing to me. Plus I'm really digging the traditional samurai, Seven Samurai vibe of it.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Crack in time was solid, but future: tools of destruction is not only the best RC game it's one of the best games ever/on ps3. Beat that game like 6 times lol

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Thanks for the clarity on R&C.

I think I've always been under the assumption that Insomniac has one team and they focus only on one major project at a time, and thus ruled out R&C for the time being due to Spiderman taking off.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Funny thing about that event a lot of the non gaming press shitted on it. I remember Gizmodo tearing it apart for not showing the hardware.
I think the PS5 show will be much different to this one. I think they'll show the box here and have a better 1st game to show off what the PS5 is capable of. It'll not be as long and be less chatty. More awe awe than jaw jaw lol

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Herman introducing his launch game KZ at the 2013 event. Instead this time he'll potentially be there introducing the PS5 games lineup inc. Horizon 2 😁

KZ still looks gorgeous but it wasnt a very hype trailer and the game ended up sucking bad.

Last edited:

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
okay i gotta get this off my chest.

Ghost of Tsushima looks better than TLOU2, looked better since E3 2018 in fact.
🏃‍♀️

Right ? Wich is kinda insane. I don't know if its the art but yeah Ghost looks better overall.

Honnestly add ray tracing for shadows and reflections, increase LOD, better AO, 60fps, 4K textures and you have an impressive early crossgen title.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
okay i gotta get this off my chest.

Ghost of Tsushima looks better than TLOU2, looked better since E3 2018 in fact.
🏃‍♀️
In my opinion The Last of Us Part II seems to be the best Sony game of this generation from a technical standpoint (graphics, animations, insane details,etc) but Ghost of Tsushima is the most beautiful game because of the perfect art direction and setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.