• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Amy Hennig, Troy Baker and Nolan North did another big behind the scenes Uncharted/ND discussion. Some really great stuff on how she'd direct, how ND wrote the game and how ND would manage a project. Also a little on how them splitting into 2 teams post U2 was really hard on the studio.

Did we ever find out what happened between Amy and ND/Sony in terms of Uncharted 4?

I remember this big thing where Amy left, then the guy playing Sam left.

I dont think we ever found out what happened though, did we?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Did we ever find out what happened between Amy and ND/Sony in terms of Uncharted 4?

I remember this big thing where Amy left, then the guy playing Sam left.

I dont think we ever found out what happened though, did we?
The pixels book mentions that she just left. We can assume based on all that we know (2 team split, the rise of TLOU etc) that she was just unhappy with the direction of ND was going and vice versa (she had some interesting ideas for Uncharted 4). So they just parted ways in the most professional way possible without drama. Its shame but thats usually how it goes in game development, just look at poor Straley.

EDIT: found a quote from Schreier's Book Blood Sweat and Pixels:
Some say the Uncharted 4 team didn't get the staff and resources it needed to survive, because The Last of Us and Left Behind had vacuumed up so much of Naughty Dog's attention. Others say that Amy Hennig had trouble making decisions and that the nascent game wasn't shaping up very well. Some who were working on Uncharted 4 wished that there was a more cohesive direction. Others thought it was perfectly understandable, considering how small the Uncharted 4 staff was, that the game hadn't coalesced yet.

Several people who have worked for Naughty Dog say Druckmann and Straley stopped seeing eye-to-eye with Hennig, and that they had fundamental disagreements on where to take the Uncharted series. When Hennig left, she signed a non-disparagement agreement with the studio that would prevent both her and Naughty Dog from making negative public comments about what had happened, according to people familiar with the arrangement.
I definitely recommend the book. Lot of crazy dev stories (my favorite being the chapter on Destiny), I hope we get a sequel.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can bet that everything which is regarding porting to pc will be PS now games just downloadable instead of streamable as Sony will look into expanding service to other countries and with new gen arriving

I'm a bit surprised people are not looking at the timing of this rumour. With ps5 launching , there main focus will be that and nothing more.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
sexual tension building up between Sony & fans
giphy.gif

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Tembo the Badass Elephant

No. Tembo was published by Sega. This is the first time Gamefreak has published one of their own games themselves outside Nintendo on another system, plus the first time a Gamefreak published game is on PlayStation let alone any system.

Last edited:

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Am I the only person on this board relatively chill about PS5 info and when the PS meeting will be?
The frothing at the mouth for news is impressive after browsing the thread.

I'm hyped for PS5 but not losing my shit daily about when an announcement will be made, that's no way to live imo lol

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Am I the only person on this board relatively chill about PS5 info and when the PS meeting will be?
The frothing at the mouth for news is impressive after browsing the thread.

I'm hyped for PS5 but not losing my shit daily about when an announcement will be made, that's no way to live imo lol
Honestly? Don't care for the ps5, just the games that they will show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.