• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about FPS, but in the Horizon universe when the Faro swarm went rogue and took over Earth?
As a VR title to further drive adoption of PSVR2, I think that would be cool and would definitely get it, otherwise if it were just a standalone title I feel like it would only serve to dilute the brand. Just me though.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
untitled-13ykwl.gif

untitled-2jfkvo.gif

untitled-3sbknr.gif

untitled-436kez.gif

untitled-5j4k1k.gif

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
lol as an anime enthusiast I can't understand the comparison? Horses are not always filler in games just to get from point A to B, in RDR for example it was one time where the heavy animation worked in favor of the game. Riding your horse there was beautiful and part of the design. There's plenty of games that design it badly, but I dunno, I enjoy different traversal types when it's done well.

And plenty of gameplay mechanics can be done without needing supernatural elements.

I think speaking of horses, it really varies depending on the game and I do think games benefit from more traversal options as well. I'm quite critical of Horizon in that regard in particular as it's a favourite game of mine but traversal was one of the worst parts. I mean just speaking of just the Broadhead which is a horse equivalent, it's really just boring to ride. For a game that's so cinematic, it doesn't really make use of any interesting camera techniques which makes the experience interesting. One of the comparisons to games I would make would be Shadow of Colossus. The lowering of the camera behind Agro and sometimes on top, the slight shaking and when turning, it feels aggressive and makes for such a incredible experience. I mean, even something like Breath of the wild where it doesn't have such camera techniques but it amplifies speed via visual wind effects and mist that happen. At both instances it gives a feeling I would describe kind of like flight. It's really making something that may be mundane look interesting via camera and visual effects. Speaking of Anime comparisons, it's one of the reasons why I'm so enamored by Ghibli films as they tend to do this a lot for even more mundane stuff. I don't think horses itself are an issue in games.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Make the thread title be " Horizon zero dawn availble now on PC per top GG dev" and have the thread body be the tweets saying PC stands for playstation console. Warning you may lose thread making abilities.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Solid. Not great though, iirc Days Gone was 7th with only a bit more than a week in April while Death Stranding had 3 weeks. Looking at how it performed in UK and Spain (launch and subsequent weeks) it's probably going to be below it in sales overall. Even in Japan where it had a great launch the 2nd and 3rd week were pretty much the same as Days Gone. We should get Germany sales soon, curious to see if it reached 100k in November.

Edit: ^oh shit hype

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Make the thread title be " Horizon zero dawn availble now on PC per top GG dev" and have the thread body be the tweets saying PC stands for playstation console. Warning you may lose thread making abilities.
No that not a good idea at all also no point in making the thread really its not going to stop

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Solid. Not great though, iirc Days Gone was 7th with only a bit more than a week in April while Death Stranding had 3 weeks. Looking at how it performed in UK and Spain (launch and subsequent weeks) it's probably going to be below it in sales overall. Even in Japan where it had a great launch the 2nd and 3rd week were pretty much the same as Days Gone. We should get Germany sales soon, curious to see if it reached 100k in November.

Edit: ^oh shit hype
Yeah Days Gone 7th with only 9 days tracked, it was an awesome launch

Mat refused to say if DS is above or below Days Gone month launch, I don't understand why especially when he revealed the place of Days Gone.
Maybe because it is below Days Gone

Wonder if Sony will break even with Death Stranding

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
It's time...LEGO BATMAN PS5 edition hype!

I'm guessing this is a third party multiplat game (tho he does only mention PS5 so who knows)...Batman? Crash?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's a game that's going to be specifically stated that it'll be available at the PS5's launch, or one that will eventually be released alongside it? Because GoT is the one that would make sense to be announced like that right now.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
lol enticing

but I will make it some generic title instead that gets the point across like:
"Russian Rumor that Horizon Zero Dawn comes to PC on February 2020 debunked by GG Game Director"
It really doesn't need to be a thread at all.
I thought so too but that news spread like wild fire and if anything it would at least help us to not get ahead of ourselves in the future with baseless rumours

Nah dude dont make the thread its pointless.
okay I won't since now there are two people saying there is no point

but if anyone/more people think it's okay or needed then I''ll just make it later (not in a rush and only wanted to do a favour)

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Stop entertaining the PC rumour. It's that simple.

Is it entirely possible more Sony games may one day come to PC? Of course - there's always a chance, just like how the Sony of 4-5 years ago would likely never have funded a Predator game that's PS4/PC. MS of 5 years ago would never have brought Ori to Switch. Among other things. Things can always change rapidly in the landscape of a competitive business.

However, until there's actually credible rumors to back that up - it's a bunch of unlikely hot air that honestly, isn't worth the breathing space.

Status
Not open for further replies.