• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wait, you think people trolling is fun?

Obscure blogs claiming to have the inside scoop. Youtubers/content creators insisting they've been told something for views. And obscure social media profiles faking insider info to build an audience. To me, it's kinda loopy to think that that nonsense is allowed to be posted here. I mean, in every other facet of real life people lying for attention lose their credibility, immediately. But yet we're several OT's deep and even tidux, an individual known to be a fraud since the old site, is still being posted here?

I just don't understand the wilful discussion of blatant and knowingly false information. It's got to the point where enthusiasts are creating fake leaks on pastebin and linking that info back on enthusiast forums before said info is even a minute old. 28 seconds is the record.

The problem is that we have no hints from any verified sources.

We are gamers we don't need any verified sources to validate our discourse.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, you think people trolling is fun?

Obscure blogs claiming to have the inside scoop. Youtubers/content creators insisting they've been told something for views. And obscure social media profiles faking insider info to build an audience. To me, it's kinda loopy to think that that nonsense is allowed to be posted here. I mean, in every other facet of real life people lying for attention lose their credibility, immediately. But yet we're several OT's deep and even tidux, an individual known to be a fraud since the old site, is still being posted here?

I just don't understand the wilful discussion of blatant and knowingly false information. It's got to the point where enthusiasts are creating fake leaks on pastebin and linking that info back on enthusiast forums before said info is even a minute old. 28 seconds is the record.

We are gamers we don't need any verified sources to validate our discourse.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Man it just kinda hit me all at once how surreal it is we're getting a sequel to Last of Us this year.

not to mention literally all of Sony's studios are firing on all cylinders for next gen.

what excites me even more is the possible acquisitions. I just want promising studios to get the time support and money they deserve.

big things ahead

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Playstation WorldWide Studios |OT7| Fresh Baked Rumors Every Week

In seriousness, I've finally beaten Control, Concrete Genie, & Spider-Man DLCs, due to just skipping all the discussions around the PC ports, No E3 Show, & Numerous Baseless Rumors from all sorts of "insiders" that I've sorta felt reach near Star Wars toxic levels, where it just doesn't seem fun to speculate anymore. Got a couple thoughts I'd like to share though.

Control started real slow but man, it really picked up after the levitation ability where exploring secrets & the absolute mayhem the encounters could get was super satisfying.There was a bunch of times I've felt the budget restraints throughout and thought if Remedy had Sony Resources available to them then Remedy could probably take this shit into another level. So I hope a Sony x Remedy collaboration are in the plans whether that's an exclusive deal or a studio acquisition.

Extremely impressed with the jump PixelOpus made from Entwined to Concrete Genie and it sorta sucks that no one talking about them more especially since they are Sony Studio, no acquisition required. Felt like if they had introduce the combat section in the beginning then mixed it up & padded it more inbetween the platforming & combat, it would of been a much more fulfilling game for what feels like two short solid meals put back to back than a meaty buffet to choose from. Still, I'm way stoked now to see what PixelOpus does next as they could possibly become Sony's go to Mascot Platformer Developer for next gen.

Spider-Man DLCs we're alright. More Spider-Man but against a lame ass villain in Hammerhead. I did enjoy some of the personality Miles was given when he frequently calls Peter, impatiently asking when they'll start training, reminding me of how fantastic Miles Morales is in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and how It's really become the defacto Miles Morales for me so I hope Insomniac can expand & deliver more for both Miles & MJ in the sequel. Other than that, thanks for the read. Hopefully Sony's silent approach ends soon and the discussions can be more exciting otherwise my backlog will just slowly get devoured.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Playstation WorldWide Studios |OT7| Fresh Baked Rumors Every Week

In seriousness, I've finally beaten Control, Concrete Genie, & Spider-Man DLCs, due to just skipping all the discussions around the PC ports, No E3 Show, & Numerous Baseless Rumors from all sorts of "insiders" that I've sorta felt reach near Star Wars toxic levels, where it just doesn't seem fun to speculate anymore. Got a couple thoughts I'd like to share though.

Control started real slow but man, it really picked up after the levitation ability where exploring secrets & the absolute mayhem the encounters could get was super satisfying.There was a bunch of times I've felt the budget restraints throughout and thought if Remedy had Sony Resources available to them then Remedy could probably take this shit into another level. So I hope a Sony x Remedy collaboration are in the plans whether that's an exclusive deal or a studio acquisition.

Extremely impressed with the jump PixelOpus made from Entwined to Concrete Genie and it sorta sucks that no one talking about them more especially since they are Sony Studio, no acquisition required. Felt like if they had introduce the combat section in the beginning then mixed it up & padded it more inbetween the platforming & combat, it would of been a much more fulfilling game for what feels like two short solid meals put back to back than a meaty buffet to choose from. Still, I'm way stoked now to see what PixelOpus does next as they could possibly become Sony's go to Mascot Platformer Developer for next gen.

Spider-Man DLCs we're alright. More Spider-Man but against a lame ass villain in Hammerhead. I did enjoy some of the personality Miles was given when he frequently calls Peter, impatiently asking when they'll start training, reminding me of how fantastic Miles Morales is in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and how It's really become the defacto Miles Morales for me so I hope Insomniac can expand & deliver more for both Miles & MJ in the sequel. Other than that, thanks for the read. Hopefully Sony's silent approach ends soon and the discussions can be more exciting otherwise my backlog will just slowly get devoured.
I recently beat Concrete Genie too. Really nice little game, definitely looking out for what PixelOpus do next.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
In regards to next gen ND visuals, the Last of us PS3 cutscene fidelity was on par with Uncharted 4 real-time visuals.
Going by that, also the cutscenes in PS4 ND games are real-time, so the in engine cinematics of their PS4 game fidelity can represent the real-time visuals of their next gen game?
Can I expect this level of detail on their PS5 game?
image_the_last_of_us_part_ii-33837-3757_0003.jpg

:O heavy breathing!

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Playstation WorldWide Studios |OT7| It's been a long (Tues)day without you, my friend

Last edited:

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
not to mention literally all of Sony's studios are firing on all cylinders for next gen.

what excites me even more is the possible acquisitions. I just want promising studios to get the time support and money they deserve.

One thing i think people are underestimating is the fact Sony is also expanding their studios to the point that it's clear they want most of them to be working on more than 1 project at the same time. We already know about some of them having 2 teams. Others have been changing headquarters. Another internal studio created, etc.
We're so focused on what studios they might be acquiring, we're forgetting about the fact their already established studios are getting bigger for next gen.
But you're right...exciting times ahead. Specially if we think Sony doesn't present us a huge 1st party AAA game in years and most of their studios are working on PS5 games.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing i think people are underestimating is the fact Sony is also expanding their studios to the point that it's clear they want most of them to be working on more than 1 project at the same time. We already know about some of them having 2 teams of bein expanded. Others have been changing headquarters. Another internal studio created, etc.
We're so focused on what studios they might be acquiring, we're forgetting about the fact their already established studios are getting bigger for next gen.
But you're right...exciting times ahead. Specially if we think Sony doesn't present us a huge 1st party AAA game in years and most of their studios are working on PS5 games.

True

Even San Diego is supposedly doing something else alongside MLB now

SSM seems to be 2 team based now

Guerrila too

HYPEEEEE

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One thing i think people are underestimating is the fact Sony is also expanding their studios to the point that it's clear they want most of them to be working on more than 1 project at the same time. We already know about some of them having 2 teams of bein expanded. Others have been changing headquarters. Another internal studio created, etc.

I don't know. It takes a studio like Sucker Punch like 6 years to launch a new IP. Ofcourse it's a new IP so it takes longer, but with games getting bigger and better development time will also take longer, and i can imagine growing studio's will primarily result in games taking less time to launch, not more games being worked on at the same time. I mean they would need to more than double the size of their studio for them to work on multiple projects and i also doubt it will result in better games (split up the talent). I think the only Sony studios i've seen being majorly expended is Guerilla Games and San Diego, and from San Diego i get the feeling many people from Naughty Dog were placed over (for the rumoured Uncharted spinoff).

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
We know if that studio exist and is doing something ? Because I never saw any confirmation of a new studio based on san diego and developing any game.

There is a new team making a new game, but Sony has never publicly confirmed that. We don't known whether it is a new studio or a team within Sony Visual Arts (which until now has always been a support studio)

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man i really hope they find a golden marketing route for this game. If people just know how amazing it is it could really blow up. Sadly i don't see it happening.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
OT 7 - the Power of building hype with.... Nothing

OT 7 - why reveal the console when a LOGO is just as powerful to silence the competition

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Ya'll need to be patient. Jim knows what he's doing. He got a logo trending to being the most popular gaming event all year.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Regarding the subject of a Remedy acquisition, in the Kinda Funny 2020 prediction video today Imran did guess if they acquire anyone he thinks he'll be Remedy-sized (Tim Gettys had predicted Sony would acquire Sega, so Imran was countering with something smaller), but not necessarily Remedy. He says he know Sony were sniffing around for an acquisition at some point but he doesn't know how far those talks ever went. This lines up with what some of the insiders here said a few months ago about Sony looking into a possible acquisition last year.

even if this is just for fun, watching Tim trying to justify his Sony-Sega acquisition is some dumb cringe inducing shit

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know. It takes a studio like Sucker Punch like 6 years to launch a new IP. Ofcourse it's a new IP so it takes longer, but with games getting bigger and better development time will also take longer, and i can imagine growing studio's will primarily result in games taking less time to launch, not more games being worked on at the same time. I mean they would need to more than double the size of their studio for them to work on multiple projects and i also doubt it will result in better games (split up the talent). I think the only Sony studios i've seen being majorly expended is Guerilla Games and San Diego, and from San Diego i get the feeling many people from Naughty Dog were placed over (for the rumoured Uncharted spinoff).
Kojima built an entirely new studio, team and IP in 3 years.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Dreams is absolutely mental.
With all the delays that have happened, I think I'll support MM at launch.

Kojima built an entirely new studio, team and IP in 3 years.

Tbf he had a well made engine ready for him to use that was accessible to his vision.
Without Decima, that's another 3+ years dev time surely on top at minimum.

Either way it was an extremely efficient dev time. DS is also remarkably polished.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, with half the team at Guerilla Games supporting him and the result was at the very least debatable (i liked it a lot, but it was visibly compremised due to these factors).
😂 Talk about pulling numbers out of your ass. Why would an AAA studio like GG put half a team to help Kojima instead of working on their own game? Devs and architect designers on the engine obviously worked side by side to improve the engine and that was a huge reason it was donr so fast.

You can't use an example of one studio and think that may be the norm when there is plenty others that do it in faster timelines.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
😂 Talk about pulling numbers out of your ass. Why would an AAA studio like GG put half a team to help Kojima instead of working on their own game? Devs and architect designers on the engine obviously worked side by side to improve the engine and that was a huge reason it was donr so fast.

You can't use an example of one studio and think that may be the norm when there is plenty others that do it in faster timelines.

Have you seen the end credits? I am from holland and there were literally hundreds of dutch names on that thing.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dreams is absolutely mental.
With all the delays that have happened, I think I'll support MM at launch.

Tbf he had a well made engine ready for him to use that was accessible to his vision.
Without Decima, that's another 3+ years dev time surely on top at minimum.

Either way it was an extremely efficient dev time. DS is also remarkably polished.
3+ extra years is bit of a crazy wild guess, but it would have definitely taken a lot longer than just 3. I'm hoping that proves Decima's efficiency and why I'm expecting Horizon 2 to be done either in 3.5 years to launch day 1 or 4 years in Q1 2021

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
In the case of DS, Geoff mentioned around the time that it was announced that Kojima had already told him exactly what the game was going to be. He had a very clear vision for what he wanted it to be. With GoT you can be pretty certain that SP haven't been working on it this entire time. One of the benefits of being part of a first party is that you can prototype and kick around different ideas without fear of your studio being shutdown.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium

Seriously your non-stop campaigning has helped a bit :)
But the shit I'm seeing get created now that folks are comfortable with the tools is crazy; and it'll only get better!

3+ extra years is bit of a crazy wild guess, but it would have definitely taken a lot longer than just 3. I'm hoping that proves Decima's efficiency and why I'm expecting Horizon 2 to be done either in 3.5 years to launch day 1 or 4 years in Q1 2021

Yeah Decima seems like a good efficient engine, especially with the tools overhauling they did to make the first Horizon going by the NoClip documentary.
Kojima Productions has only helped with that imo.

I agree Horizon 2 could be a Q1 2021 game, I just hope its feature and content rich at launch because I expect a massively big and polished once again title.
I'd be fine waiting till holiday 2021 or even early 2022 if its in service of creating a much superior sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.