• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
In regards to next gen ND visuals, the Last of us PS3 cutscene fidelity was on par with Uncharted 4 real-time visuals.
Going by that, also the cutscenes in PS4 ND games are real-time, so the in engine cinematics of their PS4 game fidelity can represent the real-time visuals of their next gen game?
Can I expect this level of detail on their PS5 game?
image_the_last_of_us_part_ii-33837-3757_0003.jpg

:O heavy breathing!
I personally hope they would also implement 60fps option for Part II & future games...

Already spoiled by RE2 Remake's 60fps; great art style & graphics too.

Oh I love this one.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seriously your non-stop campaigning has helped a bit :)
But the shit I'm seeing get created now that folks are comfortable with the tools is crazy; and it'll only get better!

Yeah Decima seems like a good efficient engine, especially with the tools overhauling they did to make the first Horizon going by the NoClip documentary.
Kojima Productions has only helped with that imo.

I agree Horizon 2 could be a Q1 2021 game, I just hope its feature and content rich at launch because I expect a massively big and polished once again title.
I'd be fine waiting till holiday 2021 or even early 2022 if its in service of creating a much superior sequel.
Ii just don't see how it would be a 5 year game. GG is crazy efficient, is making a sequel so they know what to do, and the engine will be even better. The drawbacks are jumping into the first PS5 game, and more effort to do more with next gen.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Ii just don't see how it would be a 5 year game. GG is crazy efficient, is making a sequel so they know what to do, and the engine will be even better. The drawbacks are jumping into the first PS5 game, and more effort to do more with next gen.

True, the Dutch efficiency is stronk with GG. They've given us 2 games this gen in roughly 4 years (through 1 and a half-ish teams) which not all first parties can claim.
5 years is probably a little too long for Horizon 2 but like you mention, next gen games could just demand more effort overall, extending dev time.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've reached the third camp in Days Gone now and I'm really enjoying how they present the narrative in this game.Every mission and action feels like it progresses the story and I love how all the various plots weave together.....it doesn't feel like so many checklist open worlds.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I've reached the third camp in Days Gone now and I'm really enjoying how they present the narrative in this game.Every mission and action feels like it progresses the story and I love how all the various plots weave together.....it doesn't feel like so many checklist open worlds.
I really enjoyed how Days Gone's story felt like watching multiple seasons of a TV show. Kind of slow burn but it's methodical and pays off when you get the strong character moments and world building comes into play.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I think it's reasonable to assume games will continue to take longer and longer to make as the tech advances and expectations rise.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I mean, Sony was dumb when they stopped partnering with MonHun back then, and MS thought COD would keep partnering with them.
True, but you never know MS might offer the bag to secure cod. Even then MS consoles are known for shooting games and such.
Yeah, but I doubt Sony will let that go this time. MS likely thought at the time COD would stay with them for that very reason (and why they partnered with EA afterwards).

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at this past week...
Next week is going to be mental - specially if nothing happens by Wednesday (I don't really expect anything until Thursday/ Friday).

giphy.gif

This is Era

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I can't help feeling we're not gonna hear anything until March/April. I truly hope I'm wrong.
That's what I would have thought if they were having an E3 conference tbh. They're just doing something different this year, I don't see the point in getting anxious about when they'll do a big conference.
They're not doing a Saturn-like move.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
I personally hope they would also implement 60fps option for Part II & future games...

Already spoiled by RE2 Remake's 60fps; great art style & graphics too.

Just like TLOU on PS4, we will be able to play TLOUII on PS5 at 60fps. You won't be able to play it on PS4 at 60fps. The complexity and breadth of their levels as well as unique 3D assets, textures and complex animation systems wouldn't allow for the game to be 60fps on current consoles.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the February train but I also don't think we'll hear anything UNTIL February so I expect this thread to be pretty well unhinged next week.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So you're team February?
Sure, why not. But I also think it could happen any time. Team H1 2020.
Just that if they were having a conference at E3, I wouldn't have bet on February.

edit:
Probably a silly question, but what is the purpose of this? Editing?
Could be plenty of things, but my guess would be checking memory leaks and some bugs only appearing after a set amount of time or similar.

Last edited:

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
True, but you never know MS might offer the bag to secure cod. Even then MS consoles are known for shooting games and such.
Microsoft is going the rpg route now though, which is a smart move. They have playground making an RPG, bought obsidian and inxile. The dudebro shooter MS times are gone I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.