• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EPJJ56QUYAAoBY9

This art is based on an upcoming PS5 exclusive right? Cats + the Cosmos is the ultimate killer app. Throw in a shoegaze soundtrack and that's a day one purchase.
That looks amazing lol

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to wait for PS5 before playing Last of Us part 2 and Ghost, feels like those will get PS5 patches. Question is can I wait 8-10 months. 😂

SilentFlyer

Oct 26, 2017
I bought my first headset last year and couldn't get used to it lol

I have three headsets. A50 1st Gen, A40TR and PS Gold headset.
A50's volume dialer is wonky. A40TR's Mixamp lose it's base more often. As far Gold headset, I only used those until I got A50.

Right now, all of them are back in their respective packs lol

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I'm not sure if Drift meant that unironically, but in one of the posts where Housemarque was detailing how the studio had grown, they mentioned that the studio now has it's own writer.

That does not mean that they are gunning for ND's storytelling crown, but they are surely going to give their AAA game some narrative elements.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if Drift meant that unironically, but in one of the posts where Housemarque was detailing how the studio had grown, they mentioned that the studio now has it's own writer.

That does not mean that they are gunning for ND's storytelling crown, but they are surely going to give their AAA game some narrative elements.
Right, I'm not expecting a big shift for how their gameplay and design works. All of that will just be getting a AAA bump (a 3D world with their voxel tech and all the colors 🤤 ). The narrative and cinematic part is just to add something that players can get attached to while on the ride.

Oct 25, 2017
Right, I'm not expecting a big shift for how their gameplay and design works. All of that will just be getting a AAA bump (a 3D world with their voxel tech and all the colors 🤤 ). The narrative and cinematic part is just to add something that players can get attached to while on the ride.
They can get attached to particles flying and big booms and guns and co op multiplayer.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to wait for PS5 before playing Last of Us part 2 and Ghost, feels like those will get PS5 patches. Question is can I wait 8-10 months. 😂
I hope Sony is very clear on how BC enhancement is going to work when they unveil PS5. I feel like this expectation everyone has of free 4K/60 patches is going to result in a lot of hurt around these parts but thats just me guessing.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
where does it say that Sony funded the development tough, especially all of it like you said...because thats never happened before irc, unless Sony was the publisher. the game wasn't even fully exclusive at launch

Well it's funded by Sony to be console exclusive and they were directly involved. The game exists because of them according to Capcom and this was said in the beginning.

But I just randomly searched SF on Google.

The legendary fighting franchise lives on with Street Fighter V: Champion Edition! It is available exclusively for the "PlayStation 4" and PC.

Also, found this

In fact, Capcom's terribly overworked Street Fighter producer Yoshinoro Ono said at the time that the reason there were no plans for a port of Ultra Street Fighter IV – and by inference, Street Fighter V – on the PS4 or Xbox One was a lack of resources – both human and financial.

With Sony paying, in part, for the game to be made, its exclusivity makes sense. At the PlayStation Experience, Capcom also announced that a port of Ultra Street Fighter IV would be coming to the PS4. Also exclusive, it's actually being ported by Sony's Third Party Production Group.

I completely forgot that USFIV was actually brought over by Sony themselves. So that should give you more insight of Sony's direct involvement.

Last edited:

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i had the same reaction reading that

Hosemarque moving away from arcade stuff is a bummer, but they could bring something really interesting to the AAA space with their fast paced gameplay-first style. i picture them doing something akin to Vanquish, which would be hype, and a different type of AAA title compared to Sony's homogenized lineup. pls don't be some grounded cinematic game

Oct 25, 2017

Hosemarque moving away from arcade stuff is a bummer, but they could bring something really interesting to the AAA space with their fast paced gameplay-first style. i picture them doing something akin to Vanquish, which would be hype, and a different type of AAA title compared to Sony's homogenized lineup. pls don't be some grounded cinematic game
Now see now you talking to me spiritually

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019

I could 100% see them as a western Platinum...

All is good as long as they don't become another RAD

Oct 25, 2017

I'm hyped no matter what they do.

Imagine their style running on PS5 with HDR and 4K and the destruction with their voxel system. 🤤

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
The guy who claimed MS-Techland, and Sony-Remedy/Housemarque got entirely clowned on NeoGAF for photoshop, fully debunked. The dude is throwing a tantrum, while getting dragged. It's a fun watch if you are bored with nothing to do.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Sony 360 Audio wins best of CES from AVSForum

75530955e2b4e734094f.jpg

I can't wait for games to be developed with this in audio setup in mind for PS5. Sound design has been really great in Sony studios this generation.

Hell yeah, this stuff seems to be amazing. Between 360 Reality Audio, the 3D sound we've been promised for the PS5 and the fact that Sony owns Audiokinetic, I think we're in for some amazing audio experiences next gen.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I could 100% see them as a western Platinum...

All is good as long as they don't become another RAD
RAD is a great studio though that proved its worth early on but stumbled a bit with designing its first ever AAA home console & new IP. It was a lot to aim for and it's still amazing what they produced even if it wasn't that well received. Since then they've made 2 of the best VR games out there and that's good because Sony is also focused on VR.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
RAD is a great studio though that proved its worth early on but stumbled a bit with designing its first ever AAA home console & new IP. It was a lot to aim for and it's still amazing what they produced even if it wasn't that well received. Since then they've made 2 of the best VR games out there and that's good because Sony is also focused on VR.
I've heard great stuff about their VR work, but it's going to take a LOT for RAD to win me over to their side on the topic of them as AAA devs again. Releasing The Order 1886 on peak PS4 exclusive drought times, for full retail price, after years of hype as the next big Sony IP.... Real unfortunate combo, it left a real bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Everyone loves a good redemption story, but that IP is D E A D (that's how I took Shinobi's reaction to the rumor to a PS5 sequel). Real shame, easily one of the best pitches of the entire generation.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Based on that one on the video, It is fake but probably the most realistic design so far.

likvpp1fg2d41.jpg

Anyway, the same guy also posted this images:

mx6hrb06k2d41.jpg

6uyohpqrg2d41.png

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The keyword is "right now."

😏
I've heard that one before ;) Just wait until Hyper Super SFV real complete edition, which will absolutely be released on other platforms! (or not). Seriously though, I do wonder when Capcom will talk about next gen SF, as I'd imagine we are getting closer to it (either this year or next) but with this season of SFV being so fun, I can sure wait a while longer as this update really nailed it for me with some of the changes/inclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.