• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that photomode is going to be spectacular on this one.

3jbgf6.gif

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima easily had the best showing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting just a little bit more.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This was posted before but its good to see some good exposure for Dreams today and with this trailer poster a few days ago.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Wow, Ghost of Tsushima looks awesome. The art and lighting is incredible! What techniques are they using in order to make it look like that?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Ghosts looked great, wish the latter footage actually stayed full screen though
I feel sorry for Sucker Punch having to plough through Sekiro and/or Nioh comparisons up to release

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until we finally get to a point where developers stop thinking riding a damn horse around is good gameplay. Maybe next gen...

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder when we are going to see Ghost of Tsushima for the next time. I'm not sure they are going to talk about a PS4 game at the PS5 reveal event.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Ghost of Tsushima would win GotY 2020 if it didn't have TLOU Part 2 to contend with :(

There's plenty more outside of TLOU2 to contend with honestly

I wonder when we are going to see Ghost of Tsushima for the next time. I'm not sure they are going to talk about a PS4 game at the PS5 reveal event.
Looking at the past pattern probably a week or so before TLOU2 releases, or was supposed to release before the delay

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the game is quite meaty
I joined Sucker Punch as the new communications manager back in March (nice to meet you all!) and I've spent my entire time at the studio so far dying for the opportunity to show off more of the game. Today it's my pleasure to finally do exactly that. I know it's been a long wait for everyone looking forward to playing, so I want to start by thanking you for your patience. This is a big game for our studio (like…really big) and we're taking our time to get it right.

Today, we debuted a brand-new trailer that delves deeper into the identity our hero is forced to adopt in order to save his home: The Ghost. While Jin starts our game as a samurai, he'll learn skills and adopt tactics that are decidedly not samurai-like, and you can get a small taste in the footage we revealed today. In the months ahead, we'll share more about Jin, the threats he faces, the allies that help him along his journey, and what he'll have to give up to become this new kind of warrior.

As I mentioned, Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin. Our trailer includes some quick glimpses of the vibrant, diverse open world you'll get to explore, but we've barely scratched the surface.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait until we finally get to a point where developers stop thinking riding a damn horse around is good gameplay. Maybe next gen...

It is a grounded samurai open world game

Which means it needs some sort of fast traversal

And also it needs to be realistic so it doesnt feel out of place

What would you suggest?

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've been kind of wondering if there will even be a formal PS5 reveal event.

I mean...
- The name is confirmed
- The release window is confirmed
- A lot of the technical stuff and specs are confirmed
- We have info on the new controller
- PS4 backwards compatibility is confirmed

Plus Xbox doesn't appear to be doing a proper reveal event for Series X having announced the name and showed the box at the TGAs. Spencer also basically just said "E3" when asked when we'll hear more and they already announced Everwild and Hellblade II as major next-gen projects, the likes of which are often shown at next-gen reveals.

I could envision a scenario where Sony chooses to just go ham at E3 and focus pretty much entirely on games. To be clear though, I DO think there will be a reveal event so they don't have to fight for headlines (of course they would need to confirm their E3 presense). Just something I've been pondering.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Well, with the help of Guerrilla you had KojiPro ship Death Stranding in just three years after he left Konami. I really think it's possible that we're either going to see it at launch or shortly after. Guerrilla did say that they want to be able to ship games every 2-3 years going forward.
Fair enough on how fast Death Stranding came together. I suppose it's possible but I wouldn't put money on it. I'd honestly be less surprised to see GT7 at launch than Horizon 2.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It is a grounded samurai open world game

Which means it needs some sort of fast traversal

And also it needs to be realistic so it doesnt feel out of place

What would you suggest?

If they can't give us actually fun and engaging traversal to equal what was in the inFamous games, a fast forward or skip button would be nice. Some way of cutting out the dead air.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So GodFall action RPG that you can play solo as well so I am very interested what the heck is wrong with something like this at launch?

Godfall's designed from the ground up with co-op in mind. You can play the entire game in solo, duo or trio. Your enemies will respond dynamically, mutating their behavior and attack patterns based on your group size. Our goal for co-op is stronger together, and fun for all.
blog.us.playstation.com

Godfall Announced for PlayStation 5, Bringing Looter-Slasher Action to Next Gen

Godfall brings loot-slashing action to PS5 next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, with the help of Guerrilla you had KojiPro ship Death Stranding in just three years after he left Konami. I really think it's possible that we're either going to see it at launch or shortly after. Guerrilla did say that they want to be able to ship games every 2-3 years going forward.

Yeah that will happen when they have two full teams which they don't have yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.