• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

EmotionalLimpingCurlew-size_restricted.gif

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Played through Pip Gemwalker in Dreams with my nephew today. What an amazing creation. Feels so polished and cleverly designed.

Need more stuff like that.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I wish MM focused on making GOOD animated characters for people to use.

Focus your resources on that first.

I agree, i actually think it would be cool if the did some short basic principles of animation instructional videos in dreams or something. I think animation is probably be the biggest area people will struggle in. Having some basic knowledge at hand could help people.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, i actually think it would be cool if the did some short basic principles of animation instructional videos in dreams or something. I think animation is probably be the biggest area people will struggle in. Having some basic knowledge at hand could help people.

First impressions of a game is you look at the character movement.
Whenever I see a character moving like a proper video game character, my impression of that dream goes up dramatically.
That wobbly drunken mannequin they have now sucks as a default.
Like, keep that in I guess.

But give people 5 or 6 EXCELLENT animated characters to work with.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok...

The guy on the old site who leaked the existence of the PS4 Pro 5 months ahead of time is teasing an Order 1886 sequel. Personally, and as I've expressed many times the fake insider, fake "I know someone who told me" bs is the weirdest thing about enthusiast forums. But I remember this guy being ridiculed, laughed at and dismissed on the old site and then several months later... Boom! Official channels started reporting the PS4 Pro.

I'm a huge fan of that TO1886. I believe it has so much potential and rich lore it could dive into and with a few tweaks...

I mean, had this leak been from someone like tidux and foxy (rip Feb 5th) I'd have laughed and dismissed it but the source in this case is a very different beast entirely.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine a worse franchise to try again with than The Order, it did nothing terribly well other than graphics.

Not saying it'll never happen, you can't guess with this industry sometimes, but I'd be shocked to see it return.

Jan 20, 2019
Ok...

The guy on the old site who leaked the existence of the PS4 Pro 5 months ahead of time is teasing an Order 1886 sequel. Personally, and as I've expressed many times the fake insider, fake "I know someone who told me" bs is the weirdest thing about enthusiast forums. But I remember this guy being ridiculed, laughed at and dismissed on the old site and then several months later... Boom! Official channels started reporting the PS4 Pro.

I'm a huge fan of that TO1886. I believe it has so much potential and rich lore it could dive into and with a few tweaks...

I mean, had this leak been from someone like tidux and foxy (rip Feb 5th) I'd have laughed and dismissed it but the source in this case is a very different beast entirely.

I dont know how many times Shinobi has to tell peopel that, the Order is not coming back, there is no sequel.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Ok...

Osiris also got most of the PS4 pro details wrong (deep down returning for example), and he already got wrong the date of the PS5 reveal event. Don't trust him at all

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Ok...

Look I get it, great premise, so forth and so forth. Osiris also claimed a Superman/DC Xbox exclusive (along with the Order tease), which Jason Sch. shot down on Twitter. And Shinobi had to come to this very thread just to say that The Order IP is dead.

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy what some graphics and cinematic focus can do.

can I get some of y'all to rally behind some colorful zany titles like a dark cloud:sly/ape escape/wild arms?

or maybe being twisted metal/motorstorm back?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Ok...

Did he said the sequel will be from RaD?
Sony owns the IP, they can contract another studio to make it.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It's crazy what some graphics and cinematic focus can do.

can I get some of y'all to rally behind some colorful zany titles like a dark cloud:sly/ape escape/wild arms?

or maybe being twisted metal/motorstorm back?
I've seen many people clamoring for a new Ape Escape lately. Shouldn't need a big budget or team for that too.
I can see Sly and Motorstorm coming back too.
Wild Arms went the mobile route, and I don't think they want Twisted Metal to come back given the last game and David Jaffe tbh, even if they give it to a new team.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Did he said the sequel will be from RaD?
Sony owns the IP, they can contract another studio to make it.
Osiris did not say anything about the studio or the platforms (leading to people thinking it was multiplatform), he just described the whole trailer/demo in absurd detail.
But again, both Jason Sch. and Shinobi shot his rumor dump down.

Come one guys, if Shinobi, the (legit) Insider King of GIF trolling, has to come down here to tell us in bold letters
"The IP is D E A D,
L E T
I T
G O"
We might need to consider letting the IP go...

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Osiris did not say anything about the studio or the platforms (leading to people thinking it was multiplatform), he just described the whole trailer/demo in absurd detail.
But again, both Jason Sch. and Shinobi shot his rumor dump down.

Come one guys, if Shinobi, the (legit) Insider King of GIF trolling, has to come down here to tell us in bold letters
"The IP is D E A D,
L E T
I T
G O"
We might need to consider letting the IP go...
They said Sony is not working on the IP? That is dead?
That is a shame. I like the setting and the premise.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Now you not just gonna not bold ape escape like that fam fight me
0391288BFCB24C1846F025AAA947A04E8D2A1D5F
Sorry Ape Escape is too charming for Jimbo, needs at least 30% more Kojima or even %70 more David Cage. Or give each Ape it's own sassy mini chimp companion (it can stun you by chucking bricks or shooting electrical arrows), slap a stamp of aproval by Neil or Cory, and you might just get your PS5 Ape Escape greenlit.

If each individual Ape is voiced by a different GoT or Walking Dead actor, Kojima would be DOWN, and so would I.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Ape Escape is too charming for Jimbo, needs at least 30% more Kojima or even %70 more David Cage. Or give each Ape it's own sassy mini chimp companion (it can stun you by chucking bricks or shooting electrical arrows), slap a stamp of aproval by Neil or Cory, and you might just get your PS5 Ape Escape greenlit.

If each individual Ape is voiced by a different GoT or Walking Dead actor, Kojima would be DOWN, and so would I.
This entire post is disgusting repent by buying dreams

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
They said Sony is not working on the IP? That is dead?
That is a shame. I like the setting and the premise.
If I close my eyes and imagine that cool "Rain hitting the Street lights graphics" GIFs, and picture that first trailer where the creature charged at the screen (before cutting to a quick time event), promptly block out a good 50% of the game from my memory (so like an hour and a half), and pretend I bought the game when it was at sale for like 5-10 dollars (instead of the 65 i payed at release) ... Sure, i can rally for a sequel.

But yeah, incredible premise and visuals. If I could change anything about this gen it would be how the Order turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.