• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I remember at E3 2019, Andy McNamara (I think) tweeted out that he heard devs saying PS5 devkits would be more powerful than XSX. I wonder if those featured the final specs
Hmmm
b6fc697627c4f9d6442fb02a5b37434a.jpg

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Perhaps we might see God of War at the PS5 event to some extent.
My guess would be

-HZD 2 gets a meaty trailer with gameplay, gets a concrete release date for Spring 2021.

-Spider-man 2 gets a story teaser, maybe we get a short seconds long look at gameplay. Holiday 2021 release window

-We get a Metroid Prime/Bayo 3 "Now in development" teaser for GoW

Everything else gets sandwiched between those 3.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess would be

-HZD 2 gets a meaty trailer with gameplay, gets a concrete release date for Spring 2021.

-Spider-man 2 gets a story teaser, maybe we get a short seconds long look at gameplay. Holiday 2021 release window

I doubt SIE needs a "logo" teaser trailer. I hate those things. Totally useless and boring.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
My take. When Sony reveals the console. They want to reveal it all. The console, features, games AND price all at once so there is no questions.
Just wake up and want to say, when Meeting 2020 finally happen, make sure they will talk about it all, including the specs; flops, everything.

I mean, after all this time waiting, they don't talk about it because they're 'embarrassed' for having lower flops & all???

F that.

Deservedly called them out for that if that actually happen.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, but Sony might want to pile on every possible game announcement they can muster for this reveal. Not a fan, but it's a possible outcome.
Pretty sure they have games ready to show. And Sony isn't the company who needs to prove they can make great 1st party games / have great 1st party studios / have great 1st party IPs. So I doubt we will see any logo teaser trailers.
We will get real trailers as always :)
Can't wait to see Demon's Souls ^_^

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
My guess would be

I like these "now in development" announcements, but I think they only work for games we don't anticipate. Example would be a new Killzone or Resistance.

Oct 25, 2017
My guess would be

I hope we see R&C before Spider-Man.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA are pulling out of GDC as well

And many more:
www.resetera.com

Capcom (MH) developers and Square-Enix reduce presence at PAX East

Capcom and Square Enix have joined a growing number of companies canceling plans for PAX East in the midst of the spread of COVID-19 (known as "novel coronavirus"). Square Enix specifically cited the novel coronavirus as the reason for its absence in an announcement today. The publisher said it...

I wonder what's the real reason for that /s
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't keep up with this thread but didn't Mark Cerny say during the 1st Wired interview that there was some unique secret aspect of PS5 that they don't want to reveal due to not wanting the competition to copy it. Has that part of the console leaked?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Announce launch games and launch window (through Q1 2021) games at the reveal event/SoP, Spider-Man later in the year and God of War 2 in 2021. That's how I'd do it at least, gotta space things out a bit so you don't get a scenario where you have to choose between not announcing any big titles for a while or announcing games which are still 2+ years out.

Oct 26, 2018
Why the fuck is everybody in console war mode and so defensive. When Sony have did the wired shit everybody wasn't doing all this
twitter.com

Mat Piscatella on Twitter

“So, you goofballs in my mentions complaining that content>power is somehow a dig at Xbox when Xbox is hyper-focused on content, can just... you know... stop? The console warring is boring.”

People don't post this tho which came right after

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I don't keep up with this thread but didn't Mark Cerny say during the 1st Wired interview that there was some unique secret aspect of PS5 that they don't want to reveal due to not wanting the competition to copy it. Has that part of the console leaked?
I don't think so...

Anyway, another great Dreams in the making:

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
if I were Sony , I wouldn't announce any specs during it's unveiling.

start out with "logo" then show like 5-6 ps5 game trailers and talks. Talk about it's new capabilities and features. Announce price and date. And tell whoever don't like it to fuck off, lol. Basically resurrecting arrogant Sony in full blood and flesh and plastic !!!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time we even had a gen where all parties came out and had no major issues?

I wanna say SNES and Genesis (but there were probably lesser known competitors that failed) very other gen had someone flounder or trip up.

It'll be nice if the big 3 do well.

Oct 25, 2017
if I were Sony , I wouldn't announce any specs during it's unveiling.

start out with "logo" then show like 5-6 ps5 game trailers and talks. Talk about it's new capabilities and features. Announce price and date. And tell whoever don't like it to fuck off, lol. Basically resurrecting arrogant Sony in full blood and flesh and plastic !!!

You would think they already told us to fuck off the way some people are acting. I can see being impatient, but if the lack of news is actually upsetting you that's a bit too far.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
God by some of the reactions, i'm getting scared that one more month of this and random SIE devs and workers are going to get harrassed in the streets and social media...

I'm dying here as well, but come on people XD

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Someone should just leak the specs of ps5. This is ridiculous. We are 9 months from launch. Just release them. They are not gonna be at E3 and clearly will not have a gathering in the next month or so due to health and safety issues.

All the radio silence is getting a bit old for every little thing. Ps4 is not going to suddenly stop selling. Yea alright they are the market leader. I dont own stock so it doesn't matter. I'm interested in the specs as an enthusiast. That's all.

Were are the double agents when you need them? Lol jk. Xbox specs have my hyped. Cant wait for the actual reveal of specs and box. Sony has me thirsty.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I'm hoping Sony never does this radio silent shit ever again.

As fans of the platform, it just makes it a really miserable experience being in the dark like this for so long.

Had I known blowing that 2015/2016 load would lead to years of cancelled events, I would have preferred a more spaced out approach to announcements.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I don't care much anymore about them not giving much information about the PS5, but in fact it's kind of boring they were so quiet. Announcing a new studio would be enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.