• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karloxz

May 22, 2018
0bd1ccc07faea91b0abd5efe26c7502eo.png

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
ZhugeEX Help us Zhuge, is this acquisition rumor actually true? Is it Remedy or another studio?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely possible that Sony isn't BUYING them but instead putting together some kind of merger plan.

But still, pretty hard to believe either way.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Remedy is the safest bet since there were trusted people here in the forum confirmed that Sony was (or already had) entering into negotiations with them back in august or september if I'm not mistaken.

If it were real, how would it happen? Would Remedy shares automatically become Sony shares or something like that?

Dec 12, 2019
It's Bluepoint of course. I don't know why are you guys so excited - it seems obvious since last article in Wired.

There's probably something with Remedy, but it's more third-party exclusive rather than studio acquisition.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remedy is the safest bet since there were trusted people here in the forum confirmed that Sony was (or already had) entering into negotiations with them back in august or september if I'm not mistaken.

If it were real, how would it happen? Would Remedy shares automatically become Sony shares or something like that?

Well, to own them, Sony would purchase at least 51% of the shares. That would constitute ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.