• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Poor Insomniac

399pwgpqrab41.jpg

emoji-discord-meme-android-imgur-thinking.jpg

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Imagine if Sony launch a God of War GOTY Edition for PC,it is another 5M+ easy and the internet would explode.

How many single players managed to sell 5 million units on PC ?
Actually how many US60 games manages to sell 5 million on PC ?
People are really overestimating both SIE games and more importantly the PC market in this discussion.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Happens every year.

End of the last year: 'Beginning of next year is looking like the best ever!'

Beginning of next year: delay, delay, delay

Nov 2, 2017
How many single players managed to sell 5 million units on PC ?
Actually how many US60 games manages to sell 5 million on PC ?
People are really overestimating both SIE games and more importantly the PC market in this discussion.
Yeah, 5 million is a pretty crazy number for a late port. In fact there are almost no single player games in general that sell 5 million at full price on a single platform. Even GOW barely managed to do that and that's one of the best selling exclusives this gen.

Jan 4, 2018
Random thought, but for the reveal event, I think it'd be cool if they did a sort of two parter. A chill morning or afternoon conference (or probably just a SoP) all about the final year of the PS4. Then a big PS5 blowout a couple hours later in the evening/night. Make it a sort of all day mini PSX/E3 kind of thing.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
Chilled out a bit after yesterday's news.

I'll await to see Sony fully laying out their PC plans, but for now i remain rather mixed about this.

Concerning the potential of Sony pursuing their own PC launcher, would it hypothetically make sense for them to tie it with a PSN(or even +?) account requirement too?

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Don't see how, but okay.

If I say, I hope Nioh 2 comes to PC shortly after, that's not port begging either even though a PC version hasn't been announced (given that Nioh 1 came to PC a year later).

But whatever. I see it gets folks into a tizzy lol.
Ironman vr is a game published by SIE announced exclusively for PSVR with zero indication of a pc version, So when you say i hope it comes to another platform that it is not announced for or even hinted at it is the definition of a port beg, I am sorry if that puts you in a tizzy.

Oct 25, 2017
Ironman vr is a game published by SIE announced exclusively for PSVR with zero indication of a pc version, So when you say i hope it comes to another platform that it is not announced for or even hinted at it is the definition of a port beg, I am sorry if that puts you in a tizzy.

Like Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and Death Stranding on PC and MLB on multiple platforms and Heavy Rain/Detroit on PC?

Okay. Feel free to hit the report button.

Sony announcing anything exclusively this generation doesn't mean jack shit.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I remember when people expected Iron Man for 2019... It's hard to care anymore when a release date is announced, you know it's going to get delayed either way.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Like Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and Death Stranding on PC and MLB on multiple platforms and Heavy Rain/Detroit on PC?

The fact that their games are coming/might come to another plataforms doesn´t make port begging sundelly aceptable.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when people expected Iron Man for 2019... It's hard to care anymore when a release date is announced, you know it's going to get delayed either way.

It's just the unpredictable nature of game development. It's not like these studios are intending to delay these games when they announce those initial dates. And given what we've seen this gen in terms of games that haven't been allowed to cook even though they need extra time, i'm not really bothered by it. I'm sure those devs prefer to see disappointment in delays than the game they've spent years working on getting mauled by the press and gamers for months/years.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019

Death Stranding was never an exclusive game, it didn't even have the "Only on Playstation" on the box for starters

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I love my PSVR headset but the time from middle 2019 to middle 2020 was and will be really empty xD
Sairento VR which came july last year was imo the last very good game and until Iron Man VR on may 15, I see nothing really promising.

Nearly an empty year for me...

Deleted member 59992

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2019
Yeah, 5 million is a pretty crazy number for a late port. In fact there are almost no single player games in general that sell 5 million at full price on a single platform. Even GOW barely managed to do that and that's one of the best selling exclusives this gen.
God of War sold 5 million units in the first month of its release. So that means it on PS4 easily sold 5 million units at full price.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Having slept on on yesterday's news, I'm willing to wait it out until we get full PS5 specs and a detailed explanation on how they're determining which exclusives are gonna hit PC going forward.

My current PC would require a complete overhaul to be competitive with next-gen consoles, which would mean at least $1400+ in upgrades.

I can get a PS5 for $150 due to store GCs, lol

Nov 2, 2017
God of War sold 5 million units in the first month of its release. So that means it on PS4 easily sold 5 million units at full price.
Yes, 5 million in one month at full price so it barely managed to reach the goal of 5 million at full price as I remember buying it at $40 in june 2018. I checked those numbers before I made that post.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do we think GG is doing the PC port? That plus a sizable number of them working on Death Stranding is a shame, those people could have worked on Horizon 2 and possibly have it ready for launch.

Having slept on on yesterday's news, I'm willing to wait it out until we get full PS5 specs and a detailed explanation on how they're determining which exclusives are gonna hit PC going forward.

My current PC would require a complete overhaul to be competitive with next-gen consoles, which would mean at least $1400+ in upgrades.

I can get a PS5 for $150 due to store GCs, lol
Does Sony's plan matter if your PC needs over $1.4k?

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
How do you know this? For me it makes perfect sense to put some of the best exclusives on PC at the end of the generation to get people hooked up on sequels. I don't see PS5 exclusives coming to PC anytime soon. Why would you think that - other than you would like it to be true?
I agree with you. I think they will do the same just before Bloodborne 2 launches or so. Would be very smart

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Do we think GG is doing the PC port? That plus a sizable number of them working on Death Stranding is a shame, those people could have worked on Horizon 2 and possibly have it ready for launch.

Does Sony's plan matter if your PC needs over $1.4k?
Definitely matters a lot less now that I've priced out my upgrades.

There's no way I'd be able to recoup all that PC upgrade money during this upcoming gen.

PS5 purchase no longer in question, folks~~~

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are big enough to handle the PC port and it wouldn't be the first time. Decima runs easily on PC hardware. Same goes for games like Days Gone or Concrete Genie which are running on the Unreal Engine 4.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hold on .... I've heard that before. That was in one of the 4chan leaks, right?
Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.