• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
So, are we going to see a new tech demo? If yes, whom will show their engine? I think we can outrule Quantic Dream as they did back in 2013. Decimal Engine would be my guess
Guerilla should have an actual game to show.

I could see the tech demos coming from 3rd parties, namely Square Enix, Capcom, and Remedy.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting Bluepoint's next-gen games to be among the best looking on PS5. SotC remake is stunning and at 60fps on Pro.
Indeed. Bluepoint is very talented

jAoDE9K.gif

6aZ1Gql.gif

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
This is already false. Since remedy is a public company if they got bought everyone would know by now.

that's not necessarily true. I have no clue about Remedy but you can have an agreement with people that own voting shares etc to do takeover due diligence without public shares knowing, given the voting block is high enough. The public shares might be a really low voting ratio too etc. its really not that simple as you make out. Takeovers are complicated.

Last edited:

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
On the loyalty discussion, i'm honestly not shocked about PS fans perhaps being on top. I'm studying for a Computer Engineering degree in México, so the vast majority of my peers are into gaming. Almost all of the "ride or die" people that I know are PS or PC only folk.

Funny enough, the main reason that I hear for having a soft spot for PS is the high turn-over rates for IPs. There is just something special about having different waves and eras of PS IPs for different times during our lives.
I thought in Mexico the most popular brand was Xbox, specially since Gears of War.

Im from Spain and when I was living there...was like same feeling I have now living in Japan: where is the xbox ? Lol

Depends on the country some brands are more popular and they sell just because of the brand... but that's not all that matters, look at the WiiU.

Un saludo :D

Oct 1, 2019
So,I just read in the other place,one of the "insiders" :
GPU: PS5>SeX ~10%
RayTracing Accelerators: PS5>X1 (PS5's RT works by using acceleration structures and algorithms much like nVidia's RTX cores)
CPU: Sex>PS5 ~ 6%
Memory: PS5>Sex for the size and bandwidth
SSD: PS5>Sex ~ Over twice as fast (this is the biggest and most noticable difference)
Fan noise (Dev-Kit): Sex>PS5 (not as egregious 1x vs. Pro).

BTW it's up to you believe me or not, but things gonna be clear very soon and you will find out who knows and who knows shit.

Bonus?
Remedy and Housemarque have been in Sony's WWS family for a while now!

Techland belongs to MS now!

the other "inside" replayed with:
The reason Techland delayed Dying Light 2 is because it ran so poorly on the base Xbox One but yeah Techland is Microsoft now. Remedy and Housemargue are in the final stages of being required by Sony, it's not a done deal just yet.
That Techland acquisition will hurt a bit.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I thought in Mexico the most popular brand was Xbox, specially since Gears of War.

Im from Spain and when I was living there...was like same feeling I have now living in Japan: where is the xbox ? Lol

Depends on the country some brands are more popular and they sell just because of the brand... but that's not all that matters, look at the WiiU.

The brand took a bit of a hit from the Xbox One reveal, and has not fully recovered. If anything, Nintendo is building a lot of momentum over here. Buenos días (noches en México) amigo!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Sony is acquiring Activision just to get Crash back.

Believe me, I'm a random forum poster.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Man, we never really found out what the beef was between Shawn and Sony/playstation, did we?
Your assuming beef when we have zero idea what happened it could have been a personal thing for all we know it never seems like shawn has ill will to me, But i feel like a lot of people assume shit about stuff and we all just take as fact, like when playstation skipped e3 2018 and everybody said it was cause they had no new games when its clear they did have beef and still do with the ESA

Oct 25, 2017
Your assuming beef when we have zero idea what happened it could have been a personal thing for all we know it never seems like shawn has ill will to me, But i feel like a lot of people assume shit about stuff and we all just take as fact, like when playstation skipped e3 2018 and everybody said it was cause they had no new games when its clear they did have beef and still do with the ESA

It took shawn weeks to even say anything on twitter when he left. And when he finally did, didn't say anything about playstation as a company.

Compare that to when Tretton left.

"PlayStation Nation,
It is with mixed feelings that I inform you that I will be stepping down as President and CEO of SCEA effective March 31, 2014. This is a result of a mutual agreement with SCEA, and I leave knowing that the PlayStation brand has never been stronger, PlayStation 4 momentum continues to accelerate, and the future will only get brighter for our gamers.
Serving PlayStation fans for the past 19 years has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. Your passion for gaming inspired me every day.
I want to thank you for constantly pushing PlayStation to deliver breakthrough gaming and entertainment experiences, and to never settle for "good enough." The embodiment of this commitment can be found in the PS4, which has quickly become the #1 next-gen console worldwide…thanks to you.
We've shared many memories over the past two decades and I'll always be grateful for your support.
Thank you,
Jack Tretton"

And their PR

"Mr. Tretton has been with SCEA since its inception in 1995. As one of the founding members of the executive team, Tretton played a pivotal role in launching all PlayStation® platforms in North America, including the original PlayStation®, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PlayStation®3, PlayStation® Network, and PlayStation®Vita. Most recently, Tretton led the record-breaking launch of PlayStation®4 (PS4™), which sold more than one million units in 24 hours in North America and is now the #1 next generation gaming console in North America and worldwide. During his tenure, Tretton was also responsible for achieving several industry milestones, including surpassing 50 million units sold of PlayStation®2 in North America, and aggressively growing the PlayStation business in Canada and Latin America."

Compare this to when Shawn left.

"It is with great emotion that we announce that Worldwide Studios Chairman Shawn Layden will be departing SIE. His visionary leadership will be greatly missed. We wish him success in future endeavors and are deeply grateful for his years of service. Thanks for everything, Shawn!"

Remember, he started working at Sony in NINETEEN EIGHTY SEVEN. Over 30 years.

Yeah, we'll just give him a tweet.

Give me a break lol.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
It took shawn weeks to even say anything on twitter when he left. And when he finally did, didn't say anything about playstation as a company.

Compare that to when Tretton left.

And their PR

Compare this to when Shawn left.

"It is with great emotion that we announce that Worldwide Studios Chairman Shawn Layden will be departing SIE. His visionary leadership will be greatly missed. We wish him success in future endeavors and are deeply grateful for his years of service. Thanks for everything, Shawn!"

Remember, he started working at Sony in NINETEEN EIGHTY SEVEN. Over 30 years.

Yeah, we'll just give him a tweet.

Give me a break lol.
Here is what i know about what happened and what you know about what happened, fucking nothing give ME a break

Oct 25, 2017
If you think that go for it but you don't know if anything happened maybe it did but me and you have zero idea i feel like he would be less friendly if he was forced out as was what people tried to imply, I'm not saying he was not by the way just that i don't know and i'm not going to assume either way

I just look at it and it looks cut and dry. Extremely poor PR from Sony for a man who has worked there for 30 years.

Complete radio silence for weeks from Shawn himself.

Its hard for me to imagine they left on good terms, especially Shawn saying literally nothing. Even now I don't think he's even said anything to this day about it.

Of course I dont know 100%, but it looks pretty clear to me.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I just look at it and it looks cut and dry. Extremely poor PR from Sony for a man who has worked there for 30 years.

Complete radio silence for weeks from Shawn himself.

Its hard for me to imagine they left on good terms, especially Shawn saying literally nothing. Even now I don't think he's even said anything to this day about it.

Of course I dont know 100%, but it looks pretty clear to me.

Or you know, it's personal and he doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation. 99.9% of Playstation owners don't care or likely even know who he is.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or you know, it's personal and he doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation. 99.9% of Playstation owners don't care or likely even know who he is.
Exactly. This is possible. Also... I actually think he was tweeting congratulations to people at Playstation at some point after his departure.. (I think)
"Our latest project is the largest in our history, and aims to define the visual benchmark for the next generation of gaming hardware".

giphy.gif
damn! Now that gets me excited!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
"Our latest project is the largest in our history, and aims to define the visual benchmark for the next generation of gaming hardware".

giphy.gif
They sound very ambitious and excited over what they are currently making, can't wait to see it, shadow of the colossus remake was beautiful.
However I hope their original plan remains and they are planning on making a new IP after this project, I just feel like it's the right time to move on with their ambitions and prove their creative capabilities as well.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for Legend of Dragoon remake with visual benchmarking the next gen.

Also ought to rub SIEJA's face when a Western studio (re)making a new first-party console JRPG before them.

/half j

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Just like TLOU on PS4, we will be able to play TLOUII on PS5 at 60fps. You won't be able to play it on PS4 at 60fps. The complexity and breadth of their levels as well as unique 3D assets, textures and complex animation systems wouldn't allow for the game to be 60fps on current consoles.
I just hope they give options to choose Cinematic or Performance that even God of War 2018 caliber could do that.

Personally, I don't care for lower quality textures, jaggy shadows, reduced visuals, etc, as long it could achieve the fluidity of 60fps stable/locked with no drops at all.

If they would kindly do this, all of their future new games won't have to wait PS6 for improved framerates.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Sony needs to fix that. Can't let Mexico slip away.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Is next gen game development getting cheaper somehow? Pretty amazing that only 90 person team can make next gen visual benchmark.

Ninja Theory is also pretty small, right? And they're making Senua 2 which looks amazing
Ninja theory is 120 people, 40 on hellblade 2, 20 on bleeding edge, and the other 60 on mara and other projects.

Oct 30, 2017
Is next gen game development getting cheaper somehow? Pretty amazing that only 90 person team can make next gen visual benchmark.

Ninja Theory is also pretty small, right? And they're making Senua 2 which looks amazing

It's not an impossible feat for a small studio to make a game that looks fantastic. Plenty of examples this generation.

The challenge is to make a consistently good looking game of a certain size/scope and quality. That's where you usually need bigger teams. Or you have to cut corners somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.