• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
There's been plenty bomba posts in here I didn't say you. But we not doing it today

dreams is out enjoy ppl make something I guarantee you can

guarantee I can what? I don't know what you're arguing here. I've never said I can't enjoy the game or wouldn't. In fact I very much plan on getting it in the future, just not right now.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
do what? Saying the game is not minecraft is not saying the game would bomb. The thread really doesn't have much negativity at all, I genuinely don't understand.

You are going in circles, mate. 99.99% of all people know that no game is going to replicate Minecraft's success. There won't be ANY game like Minecraft any time soon.

No reason to go crazy about one poster making that claim, and acting like you are arguing against a majority here.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
You are going in circles, mate. 99.99% of all people know that no game is going to replicate Minecraft's success. There won't be ANY game like Minecraft any time soon.

No reason to go crazy about one poster making that claim, and acting like you are arguing against a majority here.

Lol jesusssss I never claimed that either! I responded to a person and said "there's no chance it'll be minecraft". That drew reactions of "CMON NO NEGATIVITY". All I did was say yeah calling this the next minecraft is ridiculous. I have every right to say that, and it's not remotely excessively negative.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Halley finally found that pinball machine that Neil was playing the other day

grosstastic_83720003_m9jku.jpg
lmao ;D

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
LOL this line of thinking is worthless. By that logic literally any game ever could be the next minecraft. There are actual reasons behind why these things play out the way they do. Also if you're cool with positive hyperbole, why is it so wrong to have negative hyperbole? Hell my negativity isn't even negativity, it's simply "this isn't remotely minecraft". Stop being so defensive.
I'm cool with any hyperbole... it's hyperbole, it's fun. Trying to stop fun in a 1st party thread is annoying. Yes we all know it won't be the next MC.. but we really don't know, now do we. I could've been a lil defensive, fine. But positive hyperbole is way more fun than negative hyperbole and there's a place for that. Was all I was saying. Lol

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
How did they fumble marketing? If anything they are giving this game a lot of love since it's both a game/sharing/creation experience.
Not worth fighting anymore over the topic, it will pop off again when the initial sales for the game show up (Even though I think the game will really leg it out). Lets just enjoy the fact we got it after waiting the better part of the decade.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
I'll check out Dreams later on since my backlog is pretty big at the moment.

Congrats though MM!

I have a huge backlog as well, largely due to my work commitments at the moment. And that's why I plan on jumping into Dreams - I love the idea of playing 4-5 freako games for 30 minutes every night and then seeing the catalogue grow over the next few months. I'm sure there are already some ace experiences made. I like what IGN said about dreams - a youtube for everything. I'll use it as a youtube for games for now.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
"AAA" has had two acceptable meanings for 10+ years. It can be a reference to budget and/or scope, which was the original meaning, or it's also colloquially acceptable to use it interchangeably with "quality."

In Naughty Dog's case, it's both. Budget and quality.

But people have been saying AAA to mean an expectation of quality for almost two decades. Get with the times. They're saying they're about to raise the bar. It's really not that hard to understand.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"AAA" has had two acceptable meanings for 10+ years. It can be a reference to budget and/or scope, which was the original meaning, or it's also colloquially acceptable to use it interchangeably with "quality."

In Naughty Dog's case, it's both. Budget and quality.

But people have been saying AAA to mean an expectation of quality for almost two decades. Get with the times. They're saying they're about to raise the bar. It's really not that hard to understand.
Every other AAA game will be demoted to AA and so on and so forth. The Initiative is no longer making AAAA as it's now called AAA. Took too long to release.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
One of these days an SIE Japan Mascot game won't sell like dust and will be the global face of PS marketing ;_;

Ape Escape stans feel free to go off, yall are crazy and hella optimistic, but I SUPPORT that energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.