• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
PS5 Launch Bundle: $499, including 3 months of PlayStation Now

Now the big news. The games that will be avaiable on PSNow on PS5 launch month: The Last of Us Part II, Dreams and Ghost of Tsushima. BO-fucking-OOM.

That way they would drastically increase interest on the service and imediatelly change its public perception, having their 3 biggest games of the year at launch for "free" on the service.

I don´t know if Sony would like to put so recent games in their service.
Also killing their legs so soon it´s not a very good move in my opinion.
I think the chances of them being bundled are way higher than being on PS Now.
Dreams could be part of PS Plus tho.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don´t know if Sony would like to put so recent games in their service.
Also killing their legs so soon it´s not a very good move in my opinion.
I think the chances of them being bundled are way higher than being on PS Now.
Dreams could be part of PS Plus tho.

Well Microsoft is going to have Halo Infinite at launch and they will probably bundle GamePass with XSX

TLOU2 would be a big counter

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Damn, I thought for sure Remedy was at least Insomniac's size (~310 according to the thread), Dev count wise. Seems like they are even more productive than what I thought.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Well Microsoft is going to have Halo Infinite at launch and they will probably bundle GamePass with XSX

TLOU2 would be a big counter
TLOU2 might (likely won't) not need to be a counter to anything though. Competitors don't emulate each other just to 1up in bullet points. TLoU2 if really good again, will sell so many units on its own. If Mp is good it will sell on its own. GP is unique to MS because they are such a big presence in PC (they can afford to be more platform agnostic) and such a rich company. I don't expect any AAA day and date SP from Sony to go on PSnow or PS* tbh

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Alex Evans had this to say about Dreams in the Eurogamer interview:

"VR is in the pipeline and is actually nearly done to be honest."

I'm very excited about this, started Art's dream yesterday and often thought how cool this would be in VR ;)

www.eurogamer.net

Why did Dreams take Media Molecule seven years to make?

Finally, some seven years after it first broke cover at 2013's PlayStation Meeting as it accompanied the unveiling of t…

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I really hope Media Molecule will focus on getting MP out there as soon as possible, it would just bring playing creations to a whole other level and would actually enable creators to make things with multiple players in mind.

Oct 27, 2017
Only a demo or a trial version could create a large difference between users and sales. Such is not the case for Gran Turismo, so even discounting a few hundreds of thousands from the second-hand market (which is astronomical and most probably removed from reality), we're talking of a hardcore racing game moving around 8 million units after only 2 years. I think it's a really impressive result.

I don't think it's realistic to pretend that less than 5% of people who have played the game are those who picked it up second hand or who borrowed it from a friend. I mean, I don't think we have any data from publishers on proportions of second-hand buyers, but it would not surprise me if it's more like 15 or 20%. It's probably lower now that digital has a huge proportion of the market but I don't think it would be such an insignificant percentage.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I don't think it's realistic to pretend that less than 5% of people who have played the game are those who picked it up second hand or who borrowed it from a friend. I mean, I don't think we have any data from publishers on proportions of second-hand buyers, but it would not surprise me if it's more like 15 or 20%. It's probably lower now that digital has a huge proportion of the market but I don't think it would be such an insignificant percentage.
Even using ur numbers it's still millions of units sold when many counted GTS out and said it's a "bomba"

Oct 25, 2017
That recent dreams interview just totally hit me with how they could get their lbp dlc on with dreams lol. Cuz you know the first parties and third parties ain't making no dreams for free so there ya go. Get on that Sony. ND's dream 2-3 hours. 5 bucks you think ppl ain't gonna pay up

Oct 24, 2019
So in the last month, Remedy has had Twitter iteractions with:
-Media Molecule
-KojiPro
-Naughty Dog

...and Shu

The sexual tension between Remedy and SIE is real XD

/joking.... Kind of

At this point, I almost feel like Remedy and Koji Pro are kind of a package deal lol. Like if one's getting acquired, they're both getting acquired.

They're both super friendly with each other, and they're both also super friendly with WWS.

They'd be like the adopted twins making some of the weirdest, most out there shit in the industry if they both get acquired together lol. Kindred spirits

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
That recent dreams interview just totally hit me with how they could get their lbp dlc on with dreams lol. Cuz you know the first parties and third parties ain't making no dreams for free so there ya go. Get on that Sony. ND's dream 2-3 hours. 5 bucks you think ppl ain't gonna pay up
Neil can finally make his FPS in Dreams.

But seriously though that'd be crazy. A couple of people from high profile studios making stuff in Dreams would definitely turn some heads. "Developers of The Last of Us made this level in Dreams". I'd love to see that one day.

Oct 25, 2017
Alex Evans had this to say about Dreams in the Eurogamer interview:

"VR is in the pipeline and is actually nearly done to be honest."

I'm very excited about this, started Art's dream yesterday and often thought how cool this would be in VR ;)

www.eurogamer.net

Why did Dreams take Media Molecule seven years to make?

Finally, some seven years after it first broke cover at 2013's PlayStation Meeting as it accompanied the unveiling of t…
Oh yes, VR mode come to papa.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
At this point I'm guess that Playstation is holding back so they can have one giant show to show off everything.

They revealed PS4 February 20th

And then they had E3 conference in June and GamesCom conference in August, then, a little event at US launch in november where Uncharted was teased.

We are February 14th, March reveal is still possible, that let plenty of time do to at least one more event before launch.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
At this point, I almost feel like Remedy and Koji Pro are kind of a package deal lol. Like if one's getting acquired, they're both getting acquired.

They're both super friendly with each other, and they're both also super friendly with WWS.

They'd be like the adopted twins making some of the weirdest, most out there shit in the industry if they both get acquired together lol. Kindred spirits
I do get the impression Remedy feels some sort of kinship to SIE studios in particular... Which is interesting since there is no real tie to Playstation like there was between PS and Insomniac, or still is between PS and Kojima.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Now that Insomniac and Quantic are out as Sony's staple 2nd party studios, we might see new devs build that relationship with Sony. Bluepoint is basically there, Kojima isnt leaving Sony's camp anytime soon. You never know, perhaps Remedy could become a staple collaborator for SIE, at some point too.

Oct 24, 2019
I do get the impression Remedy feels some sort of kinship to SIE studios in particular... Which is interesting since there is no real tie to Playstation like there was between PS and Insomniac, or still is between PS and Kojima.

Oh no doubt. They make the exact same type of games as Naughty Dog, Insomniac, SSM, Bend, Sucker Punch, etc. in terms of third person action with an emphasis on strong storytelling. I'm sure they view those WWS with a lot of respect

Oct 24, 2019
Now that Insomniac and Quantic are out as Sony's staple 2nd party studios, we might see new devs build that relationship with Sony. Bluepoint is basically there, Kojima isnt leaving Sony's camp anytime soon. You never know, perhaps Remedy could become a staple collaborator for SIE, at some point too.

Maybe they'll rebuild relations with Ready at Dawn too.. hopefully

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I remember Shinobi teasing a long while back that there was at least one more noteworthy exclusive PS4 game to be revealed. Has there been an update about it moving to PS5 or did I miss an announcement? I know this is vague, but I'm just remembering this now and my memory of it is fading...

Oct 24, 2019
I feel like I remember Shinobi teasing a long while back that there was at least one more noteworthy exclusive PS4 game to be revealed. Has there been an update about it moving to PS5 or did I miss an announcement? I know this is vague, but I'm just remembering this now and my memory of it is fading...

It could easy have gotten push back to be a crossgen/PS5 game at this point. Since The Last of Us and Iron Man VR both got delayed, then Ghost of Tsushima got delayed, and since Ghost of Tsushima got delayed, maybe this unannounced one got delayed too

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I think that was Benji

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Keep in mind that the total number of users is actually higher, the figure being around 9 million. Of course, we don't know about percentages, but considering that number, even with closed accounts due to online cheating and the second-hand ceiling that you suggest, we'd still be over... 7 million units sold?

The question here surely is how big the market for used copies actually is, which I'd also like to know. If I have to guess, many conditions could apply depending on each game, so there would actually be different sizes. A product like FIFA or Call of Duty could be sold every year before the new entry arrives. I'm not certain that this behaviour exists for something like GT Sport, a game that went cheap quite soon and it's been updated frequently since release. I'd have to go with the lower estimate here, but sure, it could be a million, instead of what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.