• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InteractiveSoftwareUser

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I turned the trailer off about 30 secs in and just previewed through the rest. I'm personally tired of sadistic violence in games (and other media). It's been done to death and beyond. The majority of high-budget software is still about harming/killing realistic-looking humans, right? Smashing faces in with bricks etc. completely turned me off TLOU1 for example.

There are of course plenty of cool non-violent games for me to play :) But I can't help but wonder what these top-tier western AAA developers could come up with if given the opportunity to apply their talents to something else.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just so we're clear, people think its a problem and want to express why its a problem but don't actually want anything to change?
So anytime someone says "I don't like this movie" or "this trailer is gross" you believe they want that thing to no longer exist?

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
i dont mean to dismiss the rest of your post because it was well thought out, and you said you had trouble putting it into words so dont take offense, i just wanted to address this portion...

while there might be some people doing it, i don't feel it is very genuine to just say that anyone who thinks it was a good trailer, or doesn't see the problem with the violence is necessarily SHITTING on those that do have a problem with it...its perfectly acceptable to have a problem with the trailer...I don't have any problem with the trailer...im not shitting on you by disagreeing with you...

Shitting is a bit of a strong word so I'll edit it out. I'm 100% not saying people can't disagree, and address that in my post though.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Were people this upset about Wolfenstein The New Colossus' brutal axe executions? Because this is ridiculous.

The only thing gory about that woman's arm getting broken was the sound design.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Changing the trailer = changing thier vision and what they want to portray,. It's the same as changing the game . This is from the game.

Are people calling for the trailer to be changed? Because at a glance, people are just giving their opinions.

If you liked the trailer, that's great. I think it was a good trailer. But not everyone thinks that. It's why this thread was made and the CEO gave a statement.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
calling people "Dis-honest" who are disagreeing with people against this trailer is no way to have a discussion.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
People saying there's no such thing as 'outrage culture' should substitute the term for 'moral panic' for it, because they're the same thing and it's a well studied media & social phenomena.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see any controversy. I hope the game stays as planned.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
It appears that I need to do two things:
  1. Play TLoU
  2. Read the thread in its entirety.
I went ahead and watched the trailer, and it felt "hard", if that means anything. It's piqued my interest, but it was also pretty heavy.

Go and play it. beginning had me in tears and i am a grown man. if you have kids, you will connect instantly with the character.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are people calling for the trailer to be changed? Because at a glance, people are just giving their opinions.

If you liked the trailer, that's great. I think it was a good trailer. But not everyone thinks that. It's why this thread was created.
They are asking for change by the outrage over it. If it;'s their vision and you don't like it, ok, no one cares. Why the outrage then if not to try and force change? People just mad to be mad?

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This thread is a fucking mess.

If there's any interest about this subject, feel free to create another thread. It is absolutely fine to like the trailer, but it is also fine to call out aspects of it that you perceive as questionable.

Keep in mind that the next one will be heavily moderated tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.