• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
Thread made for Silfer for the adopt-a-user program.

-------

Blood Blockade Battlefront is one of my favorite shows of all time and the OST is a significant part of that. It's got a lot of great Jazz and Hip-Hop and other stuff (I'm bad with music genres) that makes it by far one of the best OSTs in anime.

If you've got time to check out one song then:

This is my favorite song from the OST and one of the most frequently played songs on my phone. I especially love putting it on right after waking up as it motivates me to jump out of bed as opposed to waste half an hour just checking stuff on my phone.

If you've got time for one more song then:

Another fantastic one. This, along with "World Goes Round" (above) are pretty much played daily in my evening showers. (Morning shower playlist is comprised of the EDs to "Cowboy Bebop", "Samurai Champloo" and "Michoko to Hatchin" in case you're curious for some reason. Call it the "Watanabe Shower")

You want more? Here you go:
A Way Out
(This is a great one for vacuuming around the apartment)

It's Magic
This is cool just for walking around the town. (Bonus points if you live in NYC)

In the City
A great song to put on in the evening to mark the end of the day and beginning of you-time.

(Can't embed more than two videos unfortunately)

You need EVEN MORE?! Then buy the OST. This is gonna be hard to believe considering it's an anime OST but it is available of iTunes for a mere $10 (that's right Nine Ninety Nine US Dollars).

Also, watch Blood Blockade Battlefront. Fantastic anime and you won't find anything that can compete with it in terms of STYLE until the Persona 5 Anime Adaptation comes out next year. The fantastic Japanese version with subtitles is available on Crunchyroll and the excellent English Dub is available on Funimation. Season 2 is airing right now so get caught up so that you can join the people of ERA in discussing it when it ends in a few weeks. If you're not sure about whether you'll like it, then watch the first 5 minutes of the first episode to Season 2. If you like that, then watch it from the beginning.
Also, this is unrelated please watch Garo: Vanishing Line. No one's watching it and that's a damn shame as it's one of the best currently airing anime. Very cool and stylish like BBB.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Chase, I knew I had a good feeling about you from the One Piece thread.

While not part of the OST, the ED is probably the best thing ever.

The first ED is indeed fantastic. It's by far one of my favorite anime EDs and I love seeing all the parodies on YouTube.

Season 2's OP (done by the same band that did ED1) and ED are also great. Not on YT unfortunately so I can't link.

But all three songs are on iTunes! (Which unfortunately is very rare with songs in anime)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The 2nd season lacks the style of the 1st (likely because the producer left) but is much more coherent. Exposition is a lot clearer, parts of the lore are being expanded on. Also goes into the side characters a lot more like Chain and Stephen. This show is a sleeper hit I've heard very little of it before I watched and it's a lot if fun. Has a great tone set mostly by the soundtrack. Highly recommend.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The 2nd season lacks the style of the 1st (likely because the producer left) but is much more coherent. Exposition is a lot clearer, parts of the lore are being expanded on. Also goes into the side characters a lot more like Chain and Stephen. This show is a sleeper hit I've heard very little of it before I watched and it's a lot if fun. Has a great tone set mostly by the soundtrack. Highly recommend.

Didn't know there were staff differences between S1 and S2.
For what it's worth, I've actually been enjoying S2 more than S1 due to the focus on the members of Libra like you said (though I also liked Mary/White and William/Black from S1). I don't think Chain had more than 6 lines in S1 (I only remember her pretending to be on the phone when Zapp was being tested by his master) but in S2 she's had a whole episode dedicated to her and she's been featured prominently in other episodes and I like her a lot more now.

It really is unfortunate how few people are talking about it though. It's one of the best shows of the year.