• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in Oly really. Woke up and saw some snow on the roof but that's it. Lightly snowing atm though.

Last edited:

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
We got a ton of snow and have been without power since last night. My wife is sick and does very poorly in the cold so I'm very worried about her health.

Edit: We're in Monroe for reference.

Oct 28, 2017
Woke up in Tacoma and... Still nothing. Forecast previously said 9 last night was when it would start. Now it's been pushed to 3 this afternoon.

Little disappointed, not gonna lie.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Got a light dusting in Shoreline; enough to make the trees and yards look pretty.

Opposite of disappointing; I don't understand adults wanting lots of snow on the roads.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In Surrey, it's supposed to mostly snow for the rest of the week, but not a ton

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching Q-13 news and they had some reporter driving around Mill Creek. Looks like a number of trees down in the Town Center.
He was saying roads like Bothell-Everett Hwy are fine, everything else is borked.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Still basically the same light dusting I mentioned last night here in SK. More is coming down, though.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Renton is snowing pretty good up on the hill and has been for the past hour and a half.

Im a teacher in Kent and apparently they got hammered this morning. Nothing last night to schools closed this morning.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
A decent covering at my place near Green Lake. However if we get a little more tonight and it goes below freezing overnight then it may be quite slippery.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I drive a 4WD SUV so that's not an issue for me lol

Never too old to go play in the snow
I have one too; not everyone who goes out and drives does though so good luck avoiding the skidding missiles everywhere. It's just a silly risk to me. Big snows can cripple emergency services, down trees which can kill people/destroy houses, cause flooding, etc.

And we live near the mountains so... lol

Like I "get it", but I don't "get it" if that makes sense. I have some fun messing around in the snow when it does happen but don't think it's worth all the hassle. And we usually get days of nasty slush with our big snows, there is maybe a day or 2 of "fun" and then the snow is not something you want to play in.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like 4-6 inches in Fall City.

I drive a FWD sonata and blizzak tires were an amazing purchase.

I got up and down Crystal sunday as it was dumping snow. No issues getting out of the neighborhood today.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Got a decent amount overnight in Sammamish, and it's still coming down lightly at the moment. Decided to take advantage of the excuse to work from home today. Could make it to the office if I really wanted to, but it wouldn't be worth any potential hassle getting in and out of the neighborhood.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Just got home from walking my kid to school in Green Lake. SPS made the right call on just a two hour delay. Roads are all bare and wet at this point and while snow flakes are still falling, everything is melting. Not a fun mixture, though, since it's supposed to get down into the upper 20s tonight.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, school was canceled and it's been snowing hard for the past 2 hours but no accumulation. I know they're playing it safe and I appreciate not having to trudge through the snow if things turn but...

I had things to do today...

Im a teacher in Kent and apparently they got hammered this morning. Nothing last night to schools closed this morning.
I live in the Kent highlands and we got a minor dusting at best.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Martha Lake and we got a fair amount so far.

3Vsb1Hf.gif

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Ugh, school was canceled and it's been snowing hard for the past 2 hours but no accumulation. I know they're playing it safe and I appreciate not having to trudge through the snow if things turn but...

I had things to do today...

I live in the Kent highlands and we got a minor dusting at best.

Wonder if it was Covington that shut the schools down then?

TriceraPops

Oct 25, 2017
Just got done shoveling and salting the driveway. Got about 8 inches here in North Kitsap.

Definitely a snowpocalypse: several road closures, cars spun out and/or ditched, downed powerlines, etc.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Just went for a walk around the neighborhood and by the lake itself. Lots of snow from this morning has melted, but we've got this wet snow mixture coming down steadily with nothing sticking. The temp is supposed to hit freezing around 5 or 6, but if nothing else it's really pretty to watch from inside.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in Tacoma. Tiny bit this morning in Auburn.

Snow was supposed to be my excuse to work from home :(((

Oct 28, 2017
Portland forecasts went from being snow basically all 5 weekdays this week to...maybe snow Tuesday but it won't stick.

Disappointing, was looking for an excuse to work from home with my sick cat :(

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I heard that it's starting to snow in downtown Seattle. Seems to have stopped all day here in South Everett

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started sticking to my car a bit. I think temperatures are too high for it to sit though

it's been snowing nonstop all day tho. Light, thick, sleet and big giant flakes. Vacillating between all of those

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm around the Spokane area, and had to shovel three times yesterday. Got about another 2" overnight. I have about 2-3' berms on the side of my driveway. Temperatures in the mid- to upper-20s now.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It looks like the forecast for the rest of the week changed a bit. Yesterday, it looked like we had a chance of snow for Wed-Fri but it looks like that's changed to cloudy weather and rain.

Oct 27, 2017
It's always good times to see 4WD trucks stuck off the road because some yahoo thought they're impervious to a sheet of sheer ice.
Weather report here north of Seattle shows snow likely from 10 PM tonight to 2 PM tomorrow. Now nothing on Thursday with a mix of snow and rain Friday.