• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Ho-Oh from research. I'll happily take the candy for that.

Also finally hatched two Munchlax in a row this morning!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's a big possibility we might be getting a shiny Swinub + Mamoswine release event once the Christmas event has ended.

It's the year of the boar and Swinub (and Spoink/Grumpig) has been shown pretty frequently in recent Pokemon related artwork, including the current loading screen, so it makes sense they would release it now.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It was really worth it to make that second account to farm battles. Two Sinnoh Stones out of three battles. Finished up Porygon-Z and Mismagius, up to 425 Pokémon. That means I only miss Gliscor and Honchcrow now from the Sinnoh Stone group. I might have a bit of trouble with Gligar, I never noticed I didn't have 100 Candy for him. Only expected him to be 50 apparantly.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Annoyingly I'm just short of being able to afford 2x ultra boxes with the 2500 coin pack.

Nov 17, 2017
Trying to do some last minute egg hatching before the event finishes but have no more gifts to open - If anyone has any spare doing nothing and wouldn't mind sending a few my way it'd be greatly appreciated!

Code is 3711 1327 1946

Will send some gifts back your way!

Nov 17, 2017
How could I resist giving gifts to the Dragon of Dojima?

19d.gif

Much obliged!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 'final' Skorpuri today, so Drapion is checked off. Now to hope Bronzor and Finneon start showing up more from tomorrow.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
2x hatch candy and 2x hatch stardust until the 15th, and higher chance of getting 5km and 10km eggs.

Double hatch candy is a god send.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
They really want people to burn through all those incubators they bought in the recent boxes.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Only shiny I got during the event was Santa Pichu. I'll sit on him for foreseeable future.
--

Hopefully I can hatch a couple more Shinx during this mini event. I want to max out my 91% shiny Luxray. Got him up to level 26 now.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I was under the impression I could get Meltan without using Go. Does anyone have recommendations on how best to get him? Or people who would trade?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I was under the impression I could get Meltan without using Go. Does anyone have recommendations on how best to get him? Or people who would trade?
You can with the quest... but you're going to need 400 candy, so hopefully you have a lot of rare candy. And that quest line is pretty difficult now that the quest event is over.

Otherwise, you don't need to own Let's Go yourself, if you just know somebody that does you can send a Pokémon to it, which will give you a box worth ~ 120 candy (assuming you catch them all in the half hour). You can do that every 7 days.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This event is super useful for anyone that started a couple of months ago. For me, I still need candies for these to fill out my dex:
Croagunk
Gligar
Elekid
Skorupi

Still need chingling period.

And I could use more chansey, snorlax, and larvitar candies. My dragonite is maxed so I'm good there. I've got hundreds of fucking feebas candies.

The problem will be that the dice roll is so heavy towards feebas, geodude, and a few others. I may not even hatch a single egg for some of the ones I need.

You can get steps from a treadmill. Weather is shit in most places. You can also get steps by waving your phone, but I'm not doing that without the full distance halves like earlier.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

I dont know if the quest is doable. I'm still working on it. I got through a hard step of catching an aerodactyl by proactively seeing a field research reward was one during the let's go meltan and I kept that task until I needed it. I have never seen one in the wild. I just need a cubone now which may show up in the wild now.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
End of the event results:

14 Munchlax
1 Mantyke
1 Chingling
5 shiny Delibird
3 shiny Snorunt (all female)
3 shiny Santa Pikachu
1 shiny Ponyta

And I just caught a shiny Growlithe 10 minutes ago.

LusDekkar

Oct 27, 2017
Hatched about 90 eggs for 3 munchlax, 1 Mantyke, 1 shiny elekid and 2 shiny santa pichu. Still have nine 7 km eggs to hatch, doubt there will be a Chingling in there...

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That event was a bust for me. No shiny Delibird, shiny Pikachu, shiny babies, or new babies. I got a random shiny Pineco and a third shiny Houndour, but that wasn't really what I was looking for.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I dont know if the quest is doable. I'm still working on it. I got through a hard step of catching an aerodactyl by proactively seeing a field research reward was one during the let's go meltan and I kept that task until I needed it. I have never seen one in the wild. I just need a cubone now which may show up in the wild now.

The new quests will help you fill out the missing things -

https://leekduck.com/research/

Cubone is use 5 Razz berries to catch

Anyone missing things from the Meltan quest - just about everything you'd need is in a quest here somewhere

Also you dont need to own Lets Go to get a box and gain another ~20 Meltan - you just need to connect to one and trade a pokemon over - in our group there are a few people who take their Switch to raids and just connect up and let people get one - if there is a raid group near you its worth checking

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
First Safari Zone announced for this year and its Brazil

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/safarizone-portoalegre/

Trainers,

The first Pokémon GO Safari Zone event in South America is coming soon! Mark your calendars for a Safari Zone event in Porto Alegre, Brazil, which is a free, ticketed event taking place from Friday, January 25, to Sunday, January 27 Trainers who attend will be able to spot Pokémon such as Psyduck, Unown, and Relicanth along the recently revitalized Guaíba riverbank! Founded in 1769, Porto Alegre is Brazil's fifth-largest metropolitan area and a center for Brazil's gaucho history and culture.

Unable to make it to Porto Alegre? Trainers all around Brazil will still encounter many of the Pokémon featured at the Safari Zone in the wild. Additionally, Psyduck appearances will be increased globally over the weekend!

This is a free event, but tickets are limited. Trainers can register for a chance to receive a ticket at this link. And don't forget to make plans early to make sure you obtain transportation and accommodations for the event.

We can't wait to see you there!

—The Pokémon GO team

Expected shiny Psyduck globally that weekend.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
yo i'll take the psyduck but with fascist mckillthegays in office that's the least i've ever wanted to go to a safari zone

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Loads of Croagunk around today, and got enough steps towards Skorupi's evolution so two new entries added. Guess I'm on the walk to Finneon evolution now.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What types of eggs are Riolus supposed to come from? I'm confused if it's 7k or 10k.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting a Raikou as my last 2018 breakthrough. So for the total month I got one bird and 4 dogs. Nice that it is continuing for a couple of months since I need every bird barring Zapdos, but I don't trust my luck.

Though I did get quite lucky during the event. No good hatches except two Santa Pichus but I found a shiny Delibird, then a shiny Snorunt and a few minutes later found a random shiny Aron. Then a random shiny Murkrow the other day. So just missed out on shiny Santa-chu.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The new quests will help you fill out the missing things -

https://leekduck.com/research/

Cubone is use 5 Razz berries to catch

Anyone missing things from the Meltan quest - just about everything you'd need is in a quest here somewhere

Also you dont need to own Lets Go to get a box and gain another ~20 Meltan - you just need to connect to one and trade a pokemon over - in our group there are a few people who take their Switch to raids and just connect up and let people get one - if there is a raid group near you its worth checking

Thanks a lot, bookmarked. I checked nearly 50 stops today, but lucked out. I think I'll just check the 15 in the usual spot I go to, statistically it's highly unlikely I won't run into it by March.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Since 10k chances are supposed to be boosted, I'm done doing the 7k's for now. Really want Riolu and Mantyke, but with the boosted candy amount I have to take my chances on a Slakoth or Bagon instead. Even if hatch only one of those I could have enough for a Slaking or Salamence. Or have a very small chance of hatching Lotad, Seedot and Gligar in the 5k's.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Are best
Since 10k chances are supposed to be boosted, I'm done doing the 7k's for now. Really want Riolu and Mantyke, but with the boosted candy amount I have to take my chances on a Slakoth or Bagon instead. Even if hatch only one of those I could have enough for a Slaking or Salamence. Or have a very small chance of hatching Lotad, Seedot and Gligar in the 5k's.

I have a feeling Bagon is going to be a community day pokemon soon.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I have a feeling Bagon is going to be a community day pokemon soon.

My money is on Bagon or Ralts for Feb's community day.

The app I use (pokeranger), only has it listed for 7k now. I guess it has been removed from 10k.

There is still some confusion at the moment over the egg pools , the 10k's definetly had a shake up recently (with things like Driftoon added) and there were posts from yesterday that people were still hatching Pichu's in santa hats from 7k's gained after the event was supposed to finish - so its probably best to give it a few days to settle down.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Bagon isn't a community day at some point this year, I'll eat my hat. Hell, I'm expecting it in the first six months. Feel free to screenshot this.

What I'm really hoping for is a Rhyhorn and Porygon day. They can give out a bunch of the evolution items that day so people can get the final evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.