• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Certainly not the most groundbreaking news but at least we now have official confirmation.
https://www.serebii.net/news/2018/June.shtml
Speaking to Japanese publication Famitsu, which haas a massive 20 page feature on Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee and Quest, features an interview with The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara who provided a few minor tidbits about the upcoming Pokémon game for Nintendo Switch due out in 2019. He reconfirmed that this game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new and not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon.
We'll provide full details on these games as they come so be sure to keep checking back

EDIT : more comments.
https://nintendoeverything.com/full...sident-on-the-lets-go-games-and-2019-entries/

Pokemon 2019

– "The release in the second half of 2019 is a completely different game. This will not be an entry point into the series, but rather something that we want people who have been enjoying Pokemon games for a long time to look forward to."
– "The game will be released for the Switch, but we have kept in mind the 'hands on' approach that we've had so far. We have also polished the graphics."
– "The game will make it easy to see the way in which Game Freak has continued to evolve and succeed the tradition of Pokemon."
– "We want to deliver a product with lots of experiences where we can say 'We did this for the Pokemon fans' and where you can meet a lot of new Pokemon. A so called 'completely new product'."

Last edited:

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice that they emphasized on the graphics too. Of course it's a given that they'll be better, but to mention it specifically is encouraging.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
We hyped boys. Let's go to keep us busy then the good stuff in 2019!

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Im wonder if they are going to change the plot tone. I want to see a darker plot pokemon (but not too dark). I heard moon/sun is achieving that kind of tone but im not sure

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Aimed at experienced fans? Is that worded right? No Pokemon game has been properly aimed to 'experienced fans' in a very long while now. S/M still treat you like you've never seen Pokemon in your life before.
At the presentation they specifically compared Pokemon 2019 to X/Y and Sun/Moon so I'm not expecting way less tutorials or anything. Granted that could refer to it being the start of a new generation and maaaaaybe they lighten up on the tutorials a bit?

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now thinking, I think this will be the most starved I will ever feel with Pokémon. USUM and LG were easy skips, I don't think I ever waited 3 years to get a new Pokémon game. Jeez. Please be good and as free as possible from Masuda's influence.

Those are the HGSS and BW2 directors, right?
Morimoto was the director for Emerald and HGSS, game designer for BW2. Pretty much the guy that makes the battle system.

Unno director for BW2 and character/pokémon design for later games.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Nice that they emphasized on the graphics too. Of course it's a given that they'll be better, but to mention it specifically is encouraging.
Yeah, they did drop the ball on that one with Let's Go a bit...
WUChJNG.jpg

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it doesn't mean anything, but I hope that "lots of new Pokémon" means BW amounts rather than XY amounts.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Lots" of new Pokemon? I sure hope that means 150+ new ones. It would be a great change of pace after the puny amount of new Pokemon in X/Y and Sun/Moon.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I eagerly await it. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red. Console games appear to me more, since I don't really like small screens all that much. I even played Red on my Super Gameboy when I was a kid.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it doesn't mean anything, but I hope that "lots of new Pokémon" means BW amounts rather than XY amounts.

Doubtful. Lets Go are sort of interim games between Go and mainline stuff, so the best thing they could do is not overwhelm all the newcomers in the 2019 one with too many new mons.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Now thinking, I think this will be the most starved I will ever feel with Pokémon. USUM and LG were easy skips, I don't think I ever waited 3 years to get a new Pokémon game. Jeez. Please be good and as free as possible from Masuda's influence.

Morimoto was the director for Emerald and HGSS, game designer for BW2. Pretty much the guy that makes the battle system.

Unno director for BW2 and character/pokémon design for later games.
I'm in the same situation but i skipped X & Y and S & M too. Replaying Fire Red right now sigh.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they did drop the ball on that one with Let's Go a bit...
WUChJNG.jpg
this is one of those typical poor comparison meme pics. And doesn't make much sense for the first 3 lows

but I did lol at the last one, in the similar running position.

Let's Go E/P is pretty dang ugly for what it is. No weird comparison needed.
2019 could be good though.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Where does it say anything other than exactly what everyone's expecting with "more pokemon" and better than 3ds graphics?
Kind of crazy that Pokemon World champs might end up using 3ds for another 2 years
Let's Go is already better than 3DS graphics even though its in the same style as the 3DS games.
"will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game"(didn't specify just 3DS visuals but also includes the Let's Go games which look great already) and "that it'll be completely new" is open-ended enough which could indicate a complete perspective change of sorts.

And I didn't say it WILL be BOTW Pokemon but could....hence the open ended statement "that it'll be completely new". Also, that statement is separate from the "just more pokemon" statement at the end.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I hope that these 'lots of new Pokémon' include a bunch of new evolutions for old Pokémon.
After seeing the Gold Spaceworld demo Pokémon I need those Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, and Weepinbell evolutions.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Doubtful. Lets Go are sort of interim games between Go and mainline stuff, so the best thing they could do is not overwhelm all the newcomers in the 2019 one with too many new mons.

Not like those people will stick around for the 2019 game anyways. If they are buying LEt's Go for Kanto stuff they wont stay for that.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and "that it'll be completely new" is open-ended enough which could indicate a complete perspective change of sorts.

And I didn't say it WILL be BOTW Pokemon but could....hence the open ended statement "that it'll be completely new". Also, that statement is separate from the "just more pokemon" statement at the end.
Completely new in the context is just him saying it's a new gen and not a remake.