• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for Nintendo Switch were the most successful video games at UK physical retail last week.

Technically, anyway. Let's Go Pikachu debuted at No.4 and Let's Go Eevee came in at No.6, but if sales of the two had been combined, then the games would have debuted at No.1.

It was a hyper competitive week at retail, and there are six new games in the Top Ten.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...top-hyper-competitive-week-at-uk-games-retail

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
However, Pokémon Let's Go's launch sales are down compared with previous major Pokémon titles. Opening week sales of Let's Go are down more than 60 per cent compared with 2016's Sun and Moon and are down five per cent compared with 2013's Pokémon X and Y.

Let's see if it has legs. It's what matters.
But I'm betting it will.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow so Pokémon is at #1. Personally I did expect Spyro being #1 because it's the UK lol.

Deleted member 59

Awesome opening for LGP/LGE. Much better than i expected, and with digital it's probably much more than X/Y.

This coming from a market which so far this year hasn't really delivered stellar week 1 sales for any Switch title, is pretty impressive. I imagine WW will be massive.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
However, Pokémon Let's Go's launch sales are down compared with previous major Pokémon titles. Opening week sales of Let's Go are down more than 60 per cent compared with 2016's Sun and Moon and are down five per cent compared with 2013's Pokémon X and Y.

However, there are a few caveats. Stock issues persisted in the UK with fewer than expected units coming in from Nintendo's European warehouse, which meant some pre-orders were not fulfilled (and many stores were sold out). Furthermore, both X and Y and Sun and Moon launched when 3DS had a slightly larger install base compared with the Switch currently. Download sales are also not included in this data.

Oct 29, 2017
Not a bad start for Let's Go. It was never going to match the proper mainline games, even when accounting for the userbase difference, so that's a good result!

What I'm really interested in though is the demographics that are buying that game... Are they mainly people who previously played X.Y and S/M? Or are they mainly people who have only played Pokemon Go...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
everything's down in comparison in the UK. anyhoo revenue should be way the fuck up.

I'm expecting this game to be on par with XY in NA and down in JP. legs will be interesting globally

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if it has legs. It's what matters.
But I'm betting it will.
Let's Go is also not billed as a full 'next generation' Pokémon game but rather an entry-level take on the series designed to pull in fans of Pokémon Go. Let's Go is actually a remake (of sorts) of 1999's Pokémon Yellow, and Nintendo will hope it attracts families and younger gamers. This audience typically isn't a 'week one' shopper so, if Nintendo succeeds, we should expect these games to hang around for some time.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing start for both franchises !

I predicted that Spyro would be first but the last few days really pushed Pokemon to another level.

That's about 40% more than Super Mario Odyssey FW.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
See above posts. It's not surprising. It would be surprising if sales were up. Let's go dun good, don't worry

Status
Not open for further replies.