• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
honestly, so bloody glad I went OPENING day, I arrived at 6am and was in first 40 in the store, It seems to be getting progressively worse. I managed to get everything I wanted that day too. I just hope the popularity will mean Nintendo will look at this and go we need to open a store.

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance there still be any pikachus on Monday? My coworkers wants to go.. so i may join for the lulz. I really don't like it, but not sure what else could i get if i join them.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the queue! We've completely given up on getting the Chilly bottles because fuck queueing from 10 PM, but I think we have a pretty big chance of getting the London Pikachu (we got here at ~6 AM).

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the queue! We've completely given up on getting the Chilly bottles because fuck queueing from 10 PM, but I think we have a pretty big chance of getting the London Pikachu (we got here at ~6 AM).

It's gotten even worse? Christ. That's the opposite of what should be happening. Damn.

They really need to make a bigger, permanent store.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
It's gotten even worse? Christ. That's the opposite of what should be happening. Damn.

They really need to make a bigger, permanent store.
Pretty sure that queueing from 6-8 PM has been the new standard for a few days now for people who want the badges and/or bottles. It's insane.
They would be crazy not to open a permanent store or even a webshop after this :/.

Jaddari

Jun 20, 2018
I'm staying in London tomorrow and on Sunday. Will take a gander at the queue, but no way I'm spending more than half an hour to get in the store. It really makes no sense they wouldn't open a permanent store in a touristic city like London.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna learn how to knit and make my own Stunfisk plush.

It'll probably take me less time to learn and put together than it is to queue up for the store.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Been up since 3.10AM, and entered the queue at 5.50AM. I'm in the bend before the shop so I should be in prime position to get a London Pikachu, less then an hour before the doors open. Anybody else queuing today?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Seeing this entire thing unfold has been pretty bonkers, I hope the poor people working the store have been treated with kindness and respect for the duration.

Eternally grateful I got in on press day, I really wanted to go but there's no way I would've used a day of holiday to simply sit in queues this long.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been up since 3.10AM, and entered the queue at 5.50AM. I'm in the bend before the shop so I should be in prime position to get a London Pikachu, less then an hour before the doors open. Anybody else queuing today?
Should be fine, my friend went around 12 30 on Friday (disabled so went straight in) and managed to get a plush but other stuff was sold out. Said any new stuff wasn't great.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They've threw away the item limit now:

I went Saturday Morning and while I was like 30th in the Queue, I didn't get a bottle. :(

If anyone randomly gets a Bottle and wants to sell it for £25, i'd be so happy.

I really only went for a Bottle and the Plush, the Plush I got so it's not too bad.

Hated how people in front of me were clearly just asking how much things sell for on eBay though...

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

I went Saturday Morning and while I was like 30th in the Queue, I didn't get a bottle. :(

I really only went for a Bottle and the Plush, the Plush I got so it's not too bad.

Hated how people in front of me were clearly just asking how much things sell for on eBay though...

You have seen how much they sell for on eBay, right?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Fuuuuuuuuuu, that's bs considering they implemented that day 2 (when I went), unless they're just trying to clear stock now.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ah word word. Appreciate the heads up (not like I was going back, lol).

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
My friends and I joined the queue at 3:45 AM and there were already 60+ people in queue... on a Monday morning. We weren't among the first to enter the shop come opening time, after 6+ hours queuing.

This whole affair must have been scalpers paradise.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Fair play, they may not be exclusive but the royal guard Pikachu is at least thematic. It's nice that they put the effort in to bring something else relevant to the store (though honestly surprised they didn't have it the entire time)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Guess they have to get rid of all stock tomorrow before the Pop-Up Shop vanishes:

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I've got nothing planned for tomorrow so I could waste all day queuing.

But nah.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
They really need to open a big store somewhere in London after this as was gonna go but reading about the ques stopped me (as queuing for more than 1hr to be able to shop is ridiculous).

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
>during the World Championship

That already sounds worse than the last time because you get people from all over the world who are only there because of that tournament.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That's a "well duh" scenario. The World Championships always have a Pokémon Center Pop Up

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge Pokemon fan that lives in London, and I didn't bother going. It's just ridiculous that we don't have any sort of a Nintendo themed store in the UK. What were they expecting?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the World Championships, how are tickets handled for that? How far in advance do they go on sale and where do you buy them from?