• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm holding off until the 26th, but hopefully there will still be some of that exclusive merch left!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will be going next weekend when London MCM is happening (after the convention day ends) odds are I'll be in a Mimikyu Kigurumi after the convention so if you see someone dressed as one. That's me.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Just spoke to people who bought merch, once your in you can store as long as you want, it's one in one out.
So if your in line no garuntee to get in

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna drop by today since I'll be in London and was ready to hang out for an hour or so in line but maybe I'll go in a few weeks lol, that looks like multiple hours of waiting

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm always baffled why people would rather stand in line for hours instead of just visiting a few days later and maybe go straight in. (unless you're a tourist I guess)

edit: oh right it's a temporary shop so lines might be all the time. Good luck BritEra!

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always baffled why people would rather stand in line for hours instead of just visiting a few days later and maybe go straight in. (unless you're a tourist I guess)

edit: oh right it's a temporary shop so lines might be all the time. Good luck BritEra!

I would like to think that it's open for a month and the lines should settle down to an hour or so at most after a few weeks but you just don't know. It looks ridiculous. Would be interested to hear impressions on how long the wait actually is.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oh jeez I was planning to go this tomorrow as part of my EGX trip but the queue situation sounds rough

Anyone got any idea when the queue starting forming in the morning? I should be able to make it there ahead of time but the Westfield site suggests the whole place doesn't open till 10 a.m.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about going in a couple of weeks hopefully isn't too out of stock though.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of my experience in the SE pop up shop. Needed to be there hours before opening.

Dec 2, 2017
3uCvTJi_d.jpg

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Fun Fact: The highest quality print run of the original Pokémon Base Set for the trading card game was only printed in the UK. Sometimes called "Base 2000," this version extends from 1999 to the year 2000 on the bottom margin. This is also the only print run of the Base Set where Vulpix 68/102 has its famously misprinted HP indicator corrected. However, despite all the cosmetic corrections to this set, Gyarados 6/102's set number remains misaligned.

You can keep this fun fact in your heart while you wait in line for Pokémon Center London.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
We're going to London on november 7th pretty much just for the Pokémon Center so there better be some merch left :P. Hopefully the queues won't be as massive by then...

Dem prices though. Yeesh.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I felt bad dropping a measly £40-50ish on 2 plushes and the badge. But I'm glad I stayed sensible about it.

There was some crazy spending happening yesterday, but for channels much larger than the one I work for/others that are pokécentric, it makes total sense.