• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Poor Stunfisk should be given some love with a new ability too. Being an Electric type makes it immune to all paralysis, and it's a Ground-type so is immune to one of the most common paralysis moves (Thunder Wave), yet Game Freak didn't replace Limber on it in Gen 6 (when Electric types became immune to paralysis as a whole) or Gen 7.

Turtonator is sad it only has the one ability , not even a HA. I'm surprised they didn't give it something like Aftermath, it fits its landmine theme decently enough.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Had one of those moments where I realized there probably isn't an original build among any of my online ready pokemon. Took so much damn time just to breed one good pokemon that its hard not to want a safe bet.

Thinking about actually trying to come up with my own builds for gen VII and VIII. Could be interesting. Or frustrating.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
What do you guys do with your extra ultra wormhole shinies? I've just basically been putting them up on GTS to request certain pokemon to fill out my dex. Mostly friendship final evolutions so I don't have to raise friendship lol

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Rotom is one of my favorite pokemon but that damn Rotom Dex is a real nag. Its like having an overly concerned parent or grandmother. Keep expecting it to force me to equip a sweater.

"Are you sure you don't want to save?"

"Yes."

"...Are you sure you don't wan't to save?"

"YES."

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Should I be ranking up Festival Plaza in Ultra Moon for post game pokemon building purposes?

Kind of been slacking on it but if its going to be the main way of speeding up EV or IV training..

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
A resurgence of Pokemon Go in my life has me wanting to pick back up an old entry for a replay.

Well my VC version of Gold is at the elite 4 where I'm lvl35 and therefore must grind my arse off

It's still early days on a black version run I restarted a few years back and my word does the current pokemon selection smell, I've always said Unova is a great batch of types and options bookended by the worst, from the bland early area pokemon to the mostly uggo legends of the region.

I did then consider "hey I never did play Ultra Sun/Moon" but by all accounts I hear it's booty and not what one would hope from a third version in this day and age.

I'll probably just push through the early part of Black.

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
Want to do a Dark Type only run. Which game should i do it on? Black 2, X, Y, ORuby, ASapphire, Sun or Ultra moon?

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
So someone actually sent me a shiny level 100 Sylveon on GTS. My first thought was "I wonder if this is probably hacked". It's probably hacked right? lol

Is it fully ev trained, max ivs and has an OT with .tv in the name? If yes, very probably.

Want to do a Dark Type only run. Which game should i do it on? Black 2, X, Y, ORuby, ASapphire, Sun or Ultra moon?
UM probably has the best selection of dark types. It has more dark types in the first island then others games have in their entire pokédex, with the only downside being you have to go through all the cutscenes again.

XY isn't too bad, though the selection is a bit samey until you reach the coast with 3 dark/waters and 2 dark/fightings in central Kalos. Hoenn has some cool dark types but only 7 options in total so you'll double up on type combinations. (Also Seedot and Sableye are mutally version exclusive)

Do not go with Black 2, you'll be stuck with Purloin and nothing else until the 3rd gym (which is bug type).

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Is it fully ev trained, max ivs and has an OT with .tv in the name? If yes, very probably.
It did have some sort of link as the OT (which I tried going to and the site failed to load).

I just put it back up on GTS and requested a Lunala for it since it's the version exclusive legendary I'm missing and it got snatched pretty quickly.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Just "finished" Alpha Sapphire(as in I literally can't catch any new Pokemon anymore.) Just need to do 2 playthroughs of Omega Ruby to get two more Dexoys and the rest of the starters then I 'll be at the point where I have a complete living dex up to gen 6 minus the mythicals.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At least it could be legit. I've received a shiny shaymin via wonder trade that was simultaneously 3rd and 6th gen native at the same time.
How... is that even possible?

I just accept that all shinies from the GTS and wonder trade are hacked, I also got a level 1 Scizor shiny before and didn't believe for one second it was legit. Just depends if you can live with that or not.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to use Pokemon like Golem and Alakazam during a normal playthrough feels so weird since growing up I wasn't able to get them due to not being able to trade back then. I love the fact you can self trade with yourself with the GTS.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
You need two copies/versions of a game. Send something you dont want like a Zubat to the GTS and ask for the Pokemon you actually want to trade on one game. Go to the other game and look for the Pokemon you just deposited on the first game then trade.

Good way to get trading evolutions done fast and move items around since you cant store items in Pokemon Bank

Not exactly "self trading" but it accomplishes the same thing

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
You need two copies/versions of a game. Send something you dont want like a Zubat to the GTS and ask for the Pokemon you actually want to trade on one game. Go to the other game and look for the Pokemon you just deposited on the first game then trade.

Good way to get trading evolutions done fast and move items around since you cant store items in Pokemon Bank

Not exactly "self trading" but it accomplishes the same thing
Oh. I was hoping there'd be a way to literally do it with 1 game lol

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
About a week ago I decided to get round to SRing the oak's letter shaymin I've had sitting in platinum for nearly 9 years, and after several evenings of SRing while watching videos, I got one!

It's nature is wrong, its ivs are middling and I forgot to stock up on premier balls, but hey, it's a legitimate nicknamed shiny mythical. You don't get those any more.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I finally managed to complete my Alolan Pokedex.

I got the shiny charm and all I want to do is try to soft reset for a shiny legendary lol. I feel like it'd be a gigantic waste of time though.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I think there was one way you could do it with one game, by putting it on the gts, then trading for a different pokemon on the gts, and then taking your other pokemon back.

Human

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone by chance pick up an extra Kyogre/Groudon code from Gamestop? I forgot to go and won't be able to today, the last day they're distributing them. I have an extra shiny Zygarde.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Does anyone have any idea why Game Freak never brought back the Vs. Seeker? I'll be honest, my play time on Pokemon Moon would have had an extra 100 hours if I could have grinded my Pokemon more easily.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Does anyone have any idea why Game Freak never brought back the Vs. Seeker? I'll be honest, my play time on Pokemon Moon would have had an extra 100 hours if I could have grinded my Pokemon more easily.
I started playing Silver on VC and the PokeGear stuff is still pretty charming with calling each other and people challenging you again after a while.

I guess they figure most people just grind on the Elite 4 every time.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I'm nuzlocking Platinum right now and it's a godsend. Money + Exp

Maybe it was too good? Then again GF isn't shy about making things easier for people. Maybe they just thought that that the Exp Share is enough now.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Picked up Ultra Moon last week. Currently making my way through the second island. Really enjoying the game despite having played Sun before, and despite the insane amount of cut scene non-sense. With the VGCs being on this weekend I'm thinking about getting into competitive Pokemon for the first time in my life. Had a blast watching the tournament this weekend.

I was also wondering , does anyone have any spare EU codes left to share? Sadly my local game shop was out of codes when I checked with them last week.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Less work for them as they don't have to go into the effort of having to adjusting the trainers levels and Pokémon as they rise after you have defeated the Elite 4, plus in gen 5 it wasn't needed due to Audino being common and giving out a crap ton of exp which was doubled with lucky egg that the game gives you.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed my living dex upto Gen 6. All Im missing really is Vivillion forms and an Autumn Deerling/Sawsbuck along with every mythical. Probably gonna take a break before I jump into Gen 7

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I want to wake up slap the guys who thought "we should put this adorable dinky Darumaka guy in pokemon black but only allow you the hustle version for the main game"
So many missed moves, I'm in litwick territory now, it may be time for a replacement.
Even if Pokken has made me borderline loathe chandelure, the zoning high pitched git.

I have the ever divisive ultra sun coming up soon, I hope jumping from black to it wont be too jarring from a "let me play the game please" standpoint.

edit: wait, I spoke too soon, it upgrades to Sheer Force when it evolves, all is forgiven!

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Hello

Regarding Pokémon Bank, Is it possible to have a Pokeball in the second circle? if yes, how? I assume that it should appear by having all Pokémon "physically", which I'm sure I do, but I still see nothing.

Thanks

jhMpjM5.jpg

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Hello

Regarding Pokémon Bank, Is it possible to have a Pokeball in the second circle? if yes, how? I assume that it should appear by having all Pokémon "physically", which I'm sure I do, but I still see nothing.

Thanks

jhMpjM5.jpg
Pretty sure that's the "seen" count, which doesn't have a Pokéball because that's roughly how it usually gets represented in game.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Recently started Moon. Im really loving the non chibi artstyle of it. Hope Gen 8 is a continuation of this rather than something new

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I bought Sun at launch but really wasn't feeling it, largely due to how long it took to get started. I finally restarted it this week and decided to first breed a Cubone in Alpha Sapphire to have something to false swipe at the start when catching Pokemon. Since I was already breeding it I figured I might as well go for perfect IV's so that it can be competitive post campaign. I ended up getting a shiny that came close enough to perfect that I decided to just keep it. Here is the crew I am running with as I am about to leave to go on the second island.

dFOImiu.jpg

mwjSZhQ.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny reading that recommended dark type run games post from earlier in the thread because my trip through the first island of ultra sun had me doing it by accident, they're everywhere! it's an epidemic!

You know, I'm not finding this quite as grim as expected especially coming off the back of Black.
But I guess I had more than enough warnings of not being able to go two steps without some sort of mandatory text box, I think the sheer amount of character imbued into the region allows me sorta endure it.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So I received a Shiny Zygarde through GTS with the OT itsk33n.tv. It's clearly genned but it does go through bank and GTS. Am I okay keeping it or should I just dump it on GTS or Wonder Trade? I'm really bummed that I missed out on the shiny Zygarde mystery gift, but it's become fairly obvious that obtaining a legit version through a trade is close to impossible.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
So I received a Shiny Zygarde through GTS with the OT itsk33n.tv. It's clearly genned but it does go through bank and GTS. Am I okay keeping it or should I just dump it on GTS or Wonder Trade? I'm really bummed that I missed out on the shiny Zygarde mystery gift, but it's become fairly obvious that obtaining a legit version through a trade is close to impossible.
I believe you can still get one if you have a code. I imagine eBay are selling them for like a dollar if no one here has extras.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
So I've hatched 10 Mareanies in a row with limber when I just want to have the other ability for my story run.
It's a male with limber slamming a ditto in the day care right now.
So let me just get some clarification as my google fu is failing me, there's nothing here that should be leading to limber all the time right? because I feel like I flipped ten coins hoping for tails once and somehow got heads every time and boy am I getting cheesed off now.

edit: 16 now, well that's it, I guess I must be missing some part of the breeding mechanics because this is ridonk otherwise, now I hate this smelly pokemon and wont use it out of spite

Last edited: