• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX

Man, this just reminds me about those weird ass cellphone features for Crystal. Being able to use a cellphone connected to your gameboy to make what was essentially Pokemon's first GTS is wild. When I found out about all of the content they cut from the english version of Crystal, it made me super jealous! I wonder how well that trade system actually worked.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely an update coming for it, but no date at the moment other than "Winter".

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
You can technically move some of them over now, just as long as you have a second 3ds with a copy of RBY and none of them are Gen 2 Pokemon or have Gen 2 moves. They did fix the error with shinies in that recent update so you can definitely move the red Gyarados over now if you wanted to.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's a good idea, but I'm solid with anything Gen 1. I was just hoping to get some half perfect Gen 2 stuff for breeding.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I have 6IV Dittos to give away, they'll be foreign to whatever your game version is. I figure most people will have their games set to English on this forum.

I just ask for a heart scale in return.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still think we'll get Ruby & Sapphire on the Switch Virtual Console in 2018, and then new region in 2019.
I'm now on the boat that wants a Red and Blue/Green remake or sequel game for Switch in 2018. Probably super unlikely, but it would allow Pokemon Company to get their feet wet with the Switch, and it would allow them to focus on a much smaller scale, so we wouldn't have XY's problem of fewer Pokemon due to the new hardware. Then they could use that foundation to build a true gen 8 in 2019 or early 2020.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I have been casually watching some of the first season of the anime on Netflix and boy, that's some good stuff.

Still very entertaining to this day, it had a wacky sense of humor (brought by Team Rocket) and such a magical feeling of adventure and discovery, on every episode we were introduced to a new Pokemon, new locations, new aspects of the Pokemon world, etc. Then you could get a game boy and live your own adventure, catch all of them, do it your own way, and share all of that with your friends.

No surprise kids lost their shit at the time (myself very much included).

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Man, regardless of whether or not you prefer Gold's sprites or Silver's, Gen 2's sprite work is the best in the series, IMO.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say that the XY series (Mega Evolution included) is the best series in the anime franchise. Talking Japanese version of course because that version is the definition of greatness.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I have been casually watching some of the first season of the anime on Netflix and boy, that's some good stuff.

Still very entertaining to this day, it had a wacky sense of humor (brought by Team Rocket) and such a magical feeling of adventure and discovery, on every episode we were introduced to a new Pokemon, new locations, new aspects of the Pokemon world, etc. Then you could get a game boy and live your own adventure, catch all of them, do it your own way, and share all of that with your friends.

No surprise kids lost their shit at the time (myself very much included).

I was actually doing the same thing recently and was pleasantly surprised how well it holds up even to this day. It may be nostalgia, or just because I'm a huge fan but I still found myself laughing at some of the humor and enjoying a lot of the filler. The Pokemon Race and Island of the Giant Pokemon episodes are some of my favorites in the entire series.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have Adaptability Feebas or Cute Charm Milotic for trade? I just need it for breeding purposes even though the regular abilities are actually better. Gender, egg moves, ball type, they don't matter because in gen 7 everything can pass through with various methods.

Also HA Bounsweet in a loveball, I figure that one might be more rare and something I'll need to go after.

I could deeeeeeeefinitely use one of those.

Just send me a PM.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Man, regardless of whether or not you prefer Gold's sprites or Silver's, Gen 2's sprite work is the best in the series, IMO.
Add Yellow to that too, the sprites from then really show off the Pokemon with subtle (sometimes, looking at you Yellow Blastoise) action poses. I love the Gen 2 color pallets as well, despite their relative simplicity.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I have a confession to make, despite my avatar and SN featuring a Gen 5 Pokemon, I skipped out on the Gen 5 games. At the time, I was sort of burnt out on mainline Pokemon games, however, I heard great things about B&W and B&W2. I have a couple of questions:

Are there really somethings the Gen 5 games do better than the Gen 6 ones? Also, what are the chances I would be able score a legit used copy of those games at Gamestop instead of a lousy counterfeit? I would like to play them on my 3DS, but I heard counterfeit games brick your system and I don't want to sacrifice money on some fake. I know ebay seems to be swimming in fakes, but I don't know about Gamestop.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I have a confession to make, despite my avatar and SN featuring a Gen 5 Pokemon, I skipped out on the Gen 5 games. At the time, I was sort of burnt out on mainline Pokemon games, however, I heard great things about B&W and B&W2. I have a couple of questions:

Are there really somethings the Gen 5 games do better than the Gen 6 ones? Also, what are the chances I would be able score a legit used copy of those games at Gamestop instead of a lousy counterfeit? I would like to play them on my 3DS, but I heard counterfeit games brick your system and I don't want to sacrifice money on some fake. I know ebay seems to be swimming in fakes, but I don't know about Gamestop.

GameStop should test the cartridges but... it's GameStop. Them actually doing it is hit or miss.

And Gen V dominates VI with post-game content. Gen V has the ability to fight every previous Gym Leader, E4 Member, & Rival post-game. Gen VI has a clueless scavenger hunt that can only be embarked upon during a specific hour of the day. I highly doubt 1 person looked for all of the Mega Stones without help.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
GameStop just let me have dozens of Marshadow and Sylvally codes. I'll share the codes either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pokemon Black and White were a pretty interesting experiment as during the main game, they had no wild Pokemon that weren't Unova natives. Just Gen 5 Pokemon only. And it was the first time since RBY themselves that that was the case, so it was interesting exploring a region that had brand new Pokemon around every corner again, especially if you managed to go in as blind as possible. And Gen 5 having among my favorite set of Pokemon was an extra bonus. Then you add the absolutely fantastic music and stuff, and it was a really fun time.

But BW2 are definitely where Gen V REALLY shines. Unlike BW1, BW2 start off with Pokemon from all regions being available, leading to one of the largest regional Pokedexes/best Pokemon variety in the series. But what really makes BW2 shine among other games in the series is definitely the postgame/side content. As Zubz mentioned, there's a postgame feature called the "Pokemon World Tournament" which lets you fight all the gym leaders, Elite Four Members, Rivals, and Champions from the previous generations.

Then there's also a feature called "PokeStar studios" which is about you creating little movies with your Pokemon. Of course, they're called "movies," but that's basically just the coat of paint they wear. They're really just like the Battle CDs in Pokemon XD if you've played that. But if you haven't, they're basically like tiny-little puzzles. They present you with a certain scene, and it's up to you to figure out the right Pokemon/move to use to correctly finish up scene and wrap up the film. Then, if you get the right answer, you're reward is seeing the finished film you made (or if you get it wrong, seeing a messed up a version where things go wrong on the screen; each movie also has a third ending you can unlock called the "strange" ending, where things really go off the rails when something completely unexpected happens, like say the opponent's Pokemon getting Frozen and being unable to move or some such, causing the opposing Pokemon Trainer to freak out and not really be sure what to do or how to handle the situation, for example--figuring out not only the "right" answers to these little puzzles, but what the trigger is for the Strange endings is the real fun of PokeStar studios).

It sounds kind of silly, but a lot of the movies actually are really fun and really cute. But either way, the real fun is in figuring out the "puzzles" of the movies and figuring out how to meet the conditions to get the Good and especially the Strange endings. It's not everyone's thing, but I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend trying it out and giving it a chance.

But yeah, it's the side/post-game content like that that really makes BW2 stand-out in particular. The Pokemon World Tournament and PokeStar studios are both wonderful and are the type of thing that really do make it worth checking out if possible.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for your replies. It seems that BW2 has a substantial single-player campaign. Is there any decent post game stuff for the original BW?

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Here's 5 Marshadow and Sylvally Codes for now. I'll share the rest tomorrow. I have a whole bunch more haha
Marshadow
A7A8ZEGGY9DC6472

A7A8ZFMXCCWGQ2RF

A7A8ZGGXTAH3QAR7

A7A8ZHTA8RTWA8ER

A7A8ZJHYXLUM6D5J

Sylvally
A723JM4SCM33HLDF

A723JMFQ8EA98D6L

A723JMLNWGKDPA76

A723JMPMK6TK55FT

A723JLZP5XPHHLTF

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love a six IV ditto. I've got a legit shiny 5 IV I got from chaining in game but even that causes problems while breeding.

They really need to overhaul the IV system or make most pokemon halfway perfect by default.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
You should put those in email quotes so they can't be taken by lurkers.
Nah, it's fine. Like I said, i've got a whole bunch more. If anyone really wants one, PM me.

Thanks! I used this one. Going into GameStop later in the week so I'll try to get a couple for the thread to return the favor.
No problemo! :)

I also got Salazzle codes. Well, only 1 left I can give away since I only grabbed 3 (one for a friend, one for me, other for whoever). This was last week, and the code distribution period ended like back in August. I'll go see tomorrow after classes if they still have extra Salazzle codes.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Here's 5 Marshadow and Sylvally Codes for now. I'll share the rest tomorrow. I have a whole bunch more haha
Marshadow
A7A8ZHTA8RTWA8ER

A7A8ZJHYXLUM6D5J
Thanks so much Xavillin. I'm living in Europe so I was unable to pick up a Marshadow code for my game and now I've finally completed my living Dex! I took the fourth one, but the fifth one was already taken.

exo

Oct 28, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Does anyone here play Trading Card Game Online? If you do, feel free to add me, my username is exosilver.

mEilqNSl.jpg

Pulled this precious angel recently, too.

Hegarol

Oct 30, 2017
Germany
Hello PokeERA. I am glad we are back together at the new place ;)

USUM are the first Pokemon games in a long time I am not absolutely hyped for. Mainly because its on 3DS. But I am slowly getting there and will definitely play it at launch.

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone here play Trading Card Game Online? If you do, feel free to add me, my username is exosilver.

mEilqNSl.jpg

Ahh man, I'm super jealous.
I currently use a proxy Lele in my Lapras deck. I really want a real one but I am not spending the amount required to get one. I could build another deck instead.

My TCG pal and I play enough, we really should start playing online.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read that interview that supposedly deconfirmed new Alolan formes, but is it true that the actual interview answer was something like "no new alolan formes for Pokemon you could already catch in SM"? I heard the site that gave the interview is apparently fairly click baitish.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone have Adaptability Feebas or Cute Charm Milotic for trade? I just need it for breeding purposes even though the regular abilities are actually better. Gender, egg moves, ball type, they don't matter because in gen 7 everything can pass through with various methods.
I can breed one for you if you still need one. Don't really require much in return (I already have a 6IV Ditto).

The end of October is apparently the last day to redeem lots of things. If you haven't redeemed your codes, you might want to!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/wiki/events#wiki_current_event_distributions

I waited until the last week to get Alola Hat Pikachu. That way I can have matching hats with Pikachu lol
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt is great
Thanks for the reminder, I would have forgotten about this otherwise!

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I absolutely agree. The color choices were damn smart within the limitations. The spritework was refined to near perfection and there is just something really nice about the overworld tiles... Like it's not too simple and not too complex and it's very effective? Also the night time palette was gorgeous, I love the blue-ish shade they went for. I feel sprite-based Pokemon games never had this level of polish since then.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gen 2 had a few stinkers (what the hell happened to pre-Crystal Sneasel?) but, yeah, I really love the spritework there too. The style and the colouring really popped, and coming from Gen 1 where so many sprites were trash, it was a joy to see so many Pokemon finally appear as they were supposed to.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

mEilqNSl.jpg

Sick dude. I played the old game but I haven't had the money to make a competitive deck. I want to make a Lurantis GX deck, though. I even purchased these neat sleeves!
WCaro8L.jpg

I think I'll wear a Hex Maniac avatar since it's near Halloween.

Oh man, I absolutely agree. The color choices were damn smart within the limitations. The spritework was refined to near perfection and there is just something really nice about the overworld tiles... Like it's not too simple and not too complex and it's very effective? Also the night time palette was gorgeous, I love the blue-ish shade they went for. I feel sprite-based Pokemon games never had this level of polish since then.

Well put! I really like how primary the colors are as well, none of the kind of faded colors some of the later games had. And yeah, the artwork itself is godlike. Yeah it has a nice mix of animated look and detail to give it a distinct feel. And yeah, I love, love, loooove the night time appearance. It was nice to see Crystal fix some issues with certain sprites like Feraligatr's palette, too.

Spr_2g_160.png
Spr_2c_160.png

And as a side note, I love the animations in Crystal too. Simple but polished. I'll take that over BW's animations personally (although I understand they had to be cost effective since there's so many Pokemon in that one lol).

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah! Crystal really improved what was off in G/S. Oh and can I say I was such a huge fan of the sprite work of Gen 2 as a kid that I went out of my way to rip the tilesets for a fangame that never materialized? I was so into that back then... Even used a Gen 2 map hacking tool to do my own rom hacks. I was like 11 years old at the time lol

Gosh, it's a real shame Crystal isn't on VC. I really do hope they get that game up sometime before they abandon the 3DS for good...

Last edited:

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Crystal being absent on the VC as a huge turnoff, since mi Gen 2 Pokémon game was precisely Crystal, and i loved it. Well, i settled with Silver for now.

Am i the only one who wanted Stadium 2 to be released on Wii U with full connectivity with the 3DS releases?

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Crystal being absent on the VC as a huge turnoff, since mi Gen 2 Pokémon game was precisely Crystal, and i loved it. Well, i settled with Silver for now.

Am i the only one who wanted Stadium 2 to be released on Wii U with full connectivity with the 3DS releases?
I've been wanting such thing since RBY/GSC got on VC... Shame it'll likely never happen even on Switch. :( But who knows??

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been wanting such thing since RBY/GSC got on VC... Shame it'll likely never happen even on Switch. :( But who knows??

Well, at the very least you can rip your rom and save and use it with Project64. It's cumbersome and you need to hexadecimally edit the save before reinjecting it, but it works.

Not ideal, tho :/

Also, Game Boy tower doesn't work, and i LOVED to get back home, insert the cartridge on the Transfer pack, play, save the game and back to the GBA

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dodrio Game Boy is the shit. We really need that to return after Battle Revolution robbed us of the glory.
In fact I suggested this to you so you got that from ME! But yes, I would legit die of happiness if this occurred.

Deleted member 26535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Crystal is the only Pokémon that I never played.

Why only Suicune on the cover? What about Raikou and Entei.

Yes. Because of that that I never liked Pokémon Crystal. -_-