• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Sun. I know about the post-game but what do I do to optimise everything else? Is the Plaza really necessary?
Looking for fast levelling spots, best places for item hunts, etc.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Sun. I know about the post-game but what do I do to optimise everything else? Is the Plaza really necessary?
Looking for fast levelling spots, best places for item hunts, etc.
As much as I dislike the Plaza, it's the spot for bottle caps (and other rare items), along with friendship and EV training. I'd suggest at least working on your Plaza level so you can get high-rank lottery shops, food stalls and haunted houses.

For level grinding, check out the Altar of the Sunne and make sure you run a Battle Buffet every day.

3 gifts from SuperNHG64

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from SuperNHG64 SuperNHG64!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

These are our awesome prizes:

• 3DS 3DS: EU/PAL Shiny Solgaleo/Lunala code - Won by Sakrey Sakrey (1 entry)
  • 3DS 3DS: EU/PAL Shiny Solgaleo/Lunala code - Won by Kanhir Kanhir (1 entry)
  • 3DS 3DS: EU/PAL Shiny Solgaleo/Lunala code - Won by N75 N75 (1 entry)

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
It's high time for a fresh new Pokemon trading card series!

I've been mocking up a design for a clean, colorful set based on the National Pokedex. Just a fantasy at this stage obviously. What do y'all think?

UJHJtzt.jpg

Each pack would contain the following:

1x Starter
1x Starter Evolution
5x regular Pokémon
1x less common Pokémon (baby, fossil, dragon, etc)
1x randomized card
(40% regular, 25% starter/less common, 20% regional variant, 10% legendary, 4% mythical, 1% shiny -- I'd say maybe 50 select Pokémon would constitute an appropriate rare set of shinies -- all 900+ would just be absurd)

Zetsubou_

Aug 24, 2018
I'm excited for Rescue Team DX. I was actually playing through Blue Rescue Team for the first time a few months ago, so the news was perfectly timed.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I dislike the Plaza, it's the spot for bottle caps (and other rare items), along with friendship and EV training. I'd suggest at least working on your Plaza level so you can get high-rank lottery shops, food stalls and haunted houses.

For level grinding, check out the Altar of the Sunne and make sure you run a Battle Buffet every day.

How can I do this with no global missions anymore?

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pondering this for a while, and want other people's opinion -

What are the barrel things in gen 1/2 pallet town meant to be?
Pallet_Town_RBY.png

I'd think they're hedges but they're still white in GSC...

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly certain that they're these. Weird how they just knda got dropped from the series after a while though.

Also think it's funny how the Pallet Town wild grass past them was probably a mistake, it makes so much more sense to have the bushes as a boundary cell considering Route 1 and Viridian City have it that way too.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just playing through Moon and was wondering if someone would be willing to touch trade my Haunter with me so I can evolve it to Aloan Gengar?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just playing through Moon and was wondering if someone would be willing to touch trade my Haunter with me so I can evolve it to Aloan Gengar?
Hey buddy, I can't help you with the trade until the weekend, but if you still need it by then, hit me up. One important detail, though: there's no such thing as an Alolan Gengar, it's just a normal Gengar.

Deleted member 30395

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Hey buddy, I can't help you with the trade until the weekend, but if you still need it by then, hit me up. One important detail, though: there's no such thing as an Alolan Gengar, it's just a normal Gengar.

Thanks for the offer but I actually managed to trade it over the weekend and realised my mistake at the time, ha! I'd seen an image of a white mega Gengar and just assumed it was another Alola form...! Ah well

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Hey everyone, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX OT is just over a week ago from being posted and not much longer after that the game will release. I've just opened a poll for the voting of the title of the OT...

Feel free to spread this around, send it to others so we can get a wide range of opinions voting :) I'll take the tally of results at the weekend so 5-6 days of voting before I lock the title in.

CosmicDreams

Jan 7, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm NOT an avid TCG player and am NOT in any way trying to sell fakes to customers but it was brought to my attention from some kid on an eBay message that a pack of TCG cards I found at my local thrift store are fake. Can I get a legit check on these? Admittedly, I should've ran a background check but I forgot to do so. I'll cancel my auction if they're confirmed fake. Had to block the kid because he said he'll "Report me to the online pokemon community of stealing from innocent people." lol

Here's my auction. Let me know: https://www.ebay.com/itm/303504065387

Thanks!

OP
OP

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm NOT an avid TCG player and am NOT in any way trying to sell fakes to customers but it was brought to my attention from some kid on an eBay message that a pack of TCG cards I found at my local thrift store are fake. Can I get a legit check on these? Admittedly, I should've ran a background check but I forgot to do so. I'll cancel my auction if they're confirmed fake. Had to block the kid because he said he'll "Report me to the online pokemon community of stealing from innocent people." lol

Thanks!
I asked in our Discord server (there is an invite link in the first post if you are interested in joining), so hopefully someone will have an answer, but you could also try asking in the TCG thread if you don't get an answer here, and hopefully someone knowledgeable on these kinds of situations is still following that thread.

I personally don't know what to look for on counterfeit cards, but my initial response just going from the story is that it sounds like the person on eBay is trying to scam you.

EDIT:

Looking closer at the backs of those boxes though, they do look fake. The English is poorly written. And none of the other pictures I look up online of Unbroken Bonds boxes look like yours. Articuno, Zapdos, and Lugia are listed on the boxes, and those aren't even cards within the set.

Last edited:

CosmicDreams

Jan 7, 2018
I asked in our Discord server (there is an invite link in the first post if you are interested in joining), so hopefully someone will have an answer, but you could also try asking in the TCG thread if you don't get an answer here, and hopefully someone knowledgeable on these kinds of situations is still following that thread.

I personally don't know what to look for on counterfeit cards, but my initial response just going from the story is that it sounds like the person on eBay is trying to scam you.

EDIT:

Looking closer at the backs of those boxes though, they do look fake. The English is poorly written. And none of the other pictures I look up online of Unbroken Bonds boxes look like yours. Articuno, Zapdos, and Lugia are listed on the boxes, and those aren't even cards within the set.

So, I went on Serebii's discord and even Joe himself said it's fake. Doh. So I took the listing down. Thanks so much for your help, regardless! Glad I was able to avoid potential customer drama. Haha.

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Ultra Sun and I was wondering if anyone is interested in trading Zeraora. The best thing I have atm are shiny birds (HA Ho-Oh and Lugia from my Gen II VC) and spares of some legend events.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to join the Discord but when I replied to the first post the link didn't show up. Is something wrong with the discord link?

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
Definitely fake without even looking it up. There's no way TPCi would put Caterpie as pack art over something more sellable. It's also missing the 10 additional cards text.

Searching the packs,Unbroken Bonds packs have two Pokemon on it with the theme of the expansion:

image.jpg

Edit: Oh it says box. Look up "Pokemon Booster Box" for how those look.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
With Eevee (16 different versions accounting for egg moves/natures) I've now completed a Hidden Ability dex for gens 1-7. All with egg moves and near perfect or perfect ivs. Some with multiple sets of egg moves. Should I make a thread about it?

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
With Eevee (16 different versions accounting for egg moves/natures) I've now completed a Hidden Ability dex for gens 1-7. All with egg moves and near perfect or perfect ivs. Some with multiple sets of egg moves. Should I make a thread about it?
That's awesome! You should if you want to

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Is this a good place to ask for a trade in a gen 6 game? Or should I ask on the Discord?

Would like a Shroomish with a Hidden Ability and Bullet Seed. Not sure I have the knowhow to get that in-game. Don't really have anything to offer I think... except a Friend Safari I guess.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a good place to ask for a trade in a gen 6 game? Or should I ask on the Discord?

Would like a Shroomish with a Hidden Ability and Bullet Seed. Not sure I have the knowhow to get that in-game. Don't really have anything to offer I think... except a Friend Safari I guess.

You're lucky. I have one left in Bank. PM me your FC and we can set up a trade.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Are there any Vivillon collectors here? I've started trying to track down all of the patterns in Gen 7.

This would be hard enough in general, but I'm also looking for them in specific pokeballs. And for them to be bred as either Modest or Timid. And for them to be kept as eggs so I can hatch them with my OT. I'm not asking too much...right? :P
  • Elegant in a Love Ball
  • Meadow in a Love Ball or Heal Ball
  • Tundra in a Dive Ball
  • Garden in a Friend Ball
  • Archipelago in a Dusk Ball
  • Monsoon in a Heavy Ball
  • Sun in a Fast Ball
  • Ocean in a Lure Ball
  • Continental in a Level Ball
I can breed Polar and Modern ones in whatever ball you'd like. I also have the Pokeball and Fancy event ones to offer.

SuperNHG64

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
Are there any Vivillon collectors here? I've started trying to track down all of the patterns in Gen 7.

This would be hard enough in general, but I'm also looking for them in specific pokeballs. And for them to be bred as either Modest or Timid. And for them to be kept as eggs so I can hatch them with my OT. I'm not asking too much...right? :P
  • Elegant in a Love Ball
  • Meadow in a Love Ball or Heal Ball
  • Tundra in a Dive Ball
  • Garden in a Friend Ball
  • Archipelago in a Dusk Ball
  • Monsoon in a Heavy Ball
  • Sun in a Fast Ball
  • Ocean in a Lure Ball
  • Continental in a Level Ball
I can breed Polar and Modern ones in whatever ball you'd like. I also have the Pokeball and Fancy event ones to offer.
My pattern is Continental, which I breed in Level Ball. I can breed Meadow in Love Ball once I've progressed far enough on this new file I started, and a friend of mine breeds his Monsoon Scatterbug in Heavy Ball.

I'm not sure what to ask for, I've mostly moved on to collecting shiny ones in matching balls (preferably bred to hatch shiny on one of my files, but not necessarily, as long as they're legit, clones are fine), but I certainly wouldn't mind sending an egg with one of my Continental Level Ball Scatterbug, I think I have an egg ready to go.

What's your preferred ball for Modern Pattern?

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What's your preferred ball for Modern Pattern?
I've been using Timer Ball, but can change to whatever. I do have a legit shiny Scatterbug that will evolve into a Modern as well. I caught it myself in Pinwheel Santalune Forest so it doesn't have a good nature or IV's though. It's in a Timer Ball, too.

I also traded for a cloned Timid Shiny Marine Vivillon, so I could pass that on as well. It's in a Love Ball.

Last edited:

SuperNHG64

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
I've been using Timer Ball, but can change to whatever. I do have a legit shiny Scatterbug that will evolve into a Modern as well. I caught it myself in Pinwheel Forest so it doesn't have a good nature or IV's though. It's in a Timer Ball, too.

I also traded for a cloned Timid Shiny Marine Vivillon, so I could pass that on as well. It's in a Love Ball.
In Pinwheel Forest? Your Scatterbug was ahead of its time.

I was thinking Lure Ball for Modern, but I certainly wouldn't say no to either of those shinies, I don't have them yet. Would you trade them for my shiny Level Ball Continental and Moon Ball Savanna, or rather one of the non-shiny combinations you requested instead of shiny Savanna? Both of those were hatched by me.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
In Pinwheel Forest? Your Scatterbug was ahead of its time.
Oops! Hoped I'd caught that before you saw it lol.

I was thinking Lure Ball for Modern, but I certainly wouldn't say no to either of those shinies, I don't have them yet. Would you trade them for my shiny Level Ball Continental and Moon Ball Savanna, or rather one of the non-shiny combinations you requested instead of shiny Savanna? Both of those were hatched by me.
Hmmm...I'll probably kick myself for this later, but I'd rather go for the non shinies as they're my priority atm. How far off is the Love Ball Meadow? Very keen for that. I'd be happy to trade both of these shinies for Modest eggs of it and the Continental Level Ball. But if that's weeks away then I'm happy to get the shiny Level Ball Savanna instead. Do you breed them to have good IV's btw?

Edit: And if you could ask your friend if there's anything they'd be after for the Monsoon Heavy Ball, that would be greatly appreciated!

I do have some other events that I could clone:

GEN 6
  • 'WIN2011' Shiny Raikou, Entei and Suicune
  • 'XYZ' Shiny Xerneas
  • 'XYZ' Shiny Yveltal
  • 'SUM2013' Shiny Dialga
  • 'OCT2014' Shiny Gengar
  • 'Steven' Shiny Beldum
  • 'SPR2010' Shiny Pichu
  • 'ScreenPeekaz' Shiny Machamp
  • 'MYSTRY' Mew
  • 'SMR2010' Jirachi
  • 'Plasma' Genesect
  • 'Hope' Diancie
  • 'Harry' Hoopa
  • 'Gamestp' Deoxys
  • 'EVENT11' Zoroark

GEN 7
  • 'MT. Tensei' Jolly Marshadow
  • 'Melemele' Shiny Tapu Koko
  • 'Ash' Hat Pikachu with Original Season Hat

SuperNHG64

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
Oops! Hoped I'd caught that before you saw it lol.

Hmmm...I'll probably kick myself for this later, but I'd rather go for the non shinies as they're my priority atm. How far off is the Love Ball Meadow? Very keen for that. I'd be happy to trade both of these shinies for Modest eggs of it and the Continental Level Ball. But if that's weeks away then I'm happy to get the shiny Level Ball Savanna instead. Do you breed them to have good IV's btw?

Edit: And if you could ask your friend if there's anything they'd be after for the Monsoon Heavy Ball, that would be greatly appreciated!

I do have some other events that I could clone:

GEN 6
  • 'WIN2011' Shiny Raikou, Entei and Suicune
  • 'XYZ' Shiny Xerneas
  • 'XYZ' Shiny Yveltal
  • 'SUM2013' Shiny Dialga
  • 'OCT2014' Shiny Gengar
  • 'Steven' Shiny Beldum
  • 'SPR2010' Shiny Pichu
  • 'ScreenPeekaz' Shiny Machamp
  • 'MYSTRY' Mew
  • 'SMR2010' Jirachi
  • 'Plasma' Genesect
  • 'Hope' Diancie
  • 'Harry' Hoopa
  • 'Gamestp' Deoxys
  • 'EVENT11' Zoroark

GEN 7
  • 'MT. Tensei' Jolly Marshadow
  • 'Melemele' Shiny Tapu Koko
  • 'Ash' Hat Pikachu with Original Season Hat
The parent I use is Timid 5iv 0 atk, so my eggs will all have good IVs, at worst. The shinies I have are Moon Ball Savanna and Level Ball Continental, but I can trade unhatched Level Continental and Heavy Monsoon to you no problem. The ones I have ready to go right now are Timid, though.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The parent I use is Timid 5iv 0 atk, so my eggs will all have good IVs, at worst. The shinies I have are Moon Ball Savanna and Level Ball Continental, but I can trade unhatched Level Continental and Heavy Monsoon to you no problem. The ones I have ready to go right now are Timid, though.
Oh, Timid is perfectly fine. I meant to say Modest/Timid. I'm keen for unhatched Heavy Monsoon and Level Continental for now. Hopefully others later. :P

My friend code is 5413-0004-8380. In-game name is Danny. I can trade in about 20 minutes if you're gonna be around?

SuperNHG64

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
Oh, Timid is perfectly fine. I meant to say Modest/Timid. I'm keen for unhatched Heavy Monsoon and Level Continental for now. Hopefully others later. :P

My friend code is 5413-0004-8380. In-game name is Danny. I can trade in about 20 minutes if you're gonna be around?
I think I missed you ^^' My FC is 1633-4259-7099, I added you. Do you need a tradeback on the ones you're trading me?

Oh, and do you prefer a specific ability?