• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP! I have Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Warriors, but I'm suddenly in the mood to replay B/W or B2/W2.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this is the right thread to ask (sorry if it's not). Does anybody have a spare US shiny Silvally code? Living in South America makes it impossible for me to pick one up, sadly. I can trade it for an Alola hat Pikachu or some of the mythicals that have been distributed last year.

Once again, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, I really like the concept. I'd just like some non-Gen1 Alolan forms though.
Oh, for sure. If we do get more, I'd prefer for them to be from other gens, just to have some more variety/mix it up some and share the love. But if US/UM do end up having more Alolan forms, but it's just more Gen 1 stuff, that's also cool. I just really want to see more new stuff in the end, regardless of where it's from~ :D

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We moved again?! I can't handle this man.

Anyway big Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon info blow out to come on the 2nd of November, wonder what they will show off there.

As for the subject of Unova, love the region, love the lore, love the NPC, love the Pokémon and I loooooove the musics. Some of the greatest Pokémon music came from Gen 5.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There, there now. It'll be ok... -pats you on the back-
Pfft, Johto has a tower dedicated to Bellsprout of all Pokemon. Not even one of their own trash Grass-types like Sunkern or something (okay, I actually think Sunkern is kinda cute, but you get what I mean), but Bellsprout! Clearly Johtoans are lacking anything resembling taste. Or just got extremely drunk one day. Either way, something's definitely going on there. :P

We moved again?! I can't handle this man.

Anyway big Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon info blow out to come on the 2nd of November, wonder what they will show off there.

As for the subject of Unova, love the region, love the lore, love the NPC, love the Pokémon and I loooooove the musics. Some of the greatest Pokémon music came from Gen 5.
YESSSSSS. Route 10 (Unova), N's Farewell, Colress's theme, Village Bridge, etc. So much good stuff~ :D

Last edited:

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Unova's my favourite region in the series. Never really understood the complaint that it was "too linear;" every region aside from Kanto is just as linear, Unova is just more honest about it and doesn't try and trick you into thinking you have free reign :P

BW2 Unova is even better, too. The added towns are all full of character and I adore some of the new locals like the Marine Tube and Pokéstar Studios.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
I always liked how Kageyama had a test run of Route 10 in HGSS. Not the same song but you can see that it eventually led to it.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Shame that Kageyama left. I know a lot of people weren't hot on his Gen VI music, but BW has some of best soundtracks in the series imo.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pfft, Johto has a tower dedicated to Bellsprout of all Pokemon. Not even one of their own trash Grass-types like Sunkern or something (okay, I actually think Sunkern is kinda cute, but you get what I mean), but Bellsprout! Clearly Johtoans are lacking anything resembling taste. Or just got extremely drunk one day. Either way, something's definitely going on there. :P
I'm reading what you're saying, but it sounds like a Gen War! That's soooo 2014!

I'll tell you what I have planned. Something people aren't accustomed to! POSITIVITY!

Look at this great Pokemon. The GREATEST.

tumblr_m4nczcp5Ir1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading what you're saying, but it sounds like a Gen War! That's soooo 2014!

I'll tell you what I have planned. Something people aren't accustomed to! POSITIVITY!

Look at this great Pokemon. The GREATEST.

tumblr_m4nczcp5Ir1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Let me be a huge nerd for a minute.

According to Gulpin's Pokedex entry, it should be able to digest that bowl!

Most of Gulpin's body is made up of its stomach - its heart and brain are very small in comparison. This Pokémon's stomach contains special enzymes that dissolve anything.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish NuggetBridge.com wasn't basically dead now. Was definitely my favorite site for VGC news and strategies, and it feels like a lot of that information can only be found in Facebook groups now.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that's a little ridiculous. Called into my Gamestop which is usually good about these things, and they STILL don't have in the Silvally codes. Good thing I at least called this time, so I didn't waste another trip...

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just going to repost this I put in the last page so people will see it:

Why aren't there more American knockoffs of Pokémon?

I actually can't think of any, I can think of many more Japanese collecting franchises from the same time period, rather than the money chasing US copycats you'd expect to see after it became such a cultural phenom for those first few years.

I know there are ones on mobile, but that's years after the popularity.money making peak.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to repost this I put in the last page so people will see it:

Why aren't there more American knockoffs of Pokémon?

I actually can't think of any, I can think of many more Japanese collecting franchises from the same time period, rather than the money chasing US copycats you'd expect to see after it became such a cultural phenom for those first few years.

I know there are ones on mobile, but that's years after the popularity.money making peak.
There are tons and tons.
Open the Play Store and you'll see endless cash-ins.