• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Might try to catch back up on Pokémon before Gen 8 comes out. Last place I stopped was mid-way through X, which I actually enjoy but just ran out of time for. Is it worth playing everything between that and Gen 8?

I did keep collecting PokéMiles in X though and I think I saved up a few thousand or something. What do you spend them on?

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Sooooo. With that damn adorable shaggy Eevee in the Anime, and eevee learning a flying AND a steel move, what are your over/unders on a new eeveelution next gen? I feel that both a Flying Eevee and a steel eevee are possible ti he quite honest, as the types are both SE against Ice and Grass, respectively. Those types, if you recall, are the Eeveelutions of Sinnoh.
As going through a whole game with Eevee and being unable to evolve it is so weird, I think Let's Go Eevee should've given you a stone as a reward for becoming Champion which turned your companion Eevee into an exclusive evolution.
Would've been a cool way to include a new Pokemon without all of the GO shenanigans.

As for an 8th Gen evolution (good luck topping Sylveon!) well... Eevee is so cute, so I'd like them to go against type and make a buff Fighting evolution lol.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Finally starting up Ultra Moon, and oh god not only does your character have a Pikachu plushie, but also an Eevee silhouette on their bed cover. The signs have been there all along!

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo. With that damn adorable shaggy Eevee in the Anime, and eevee learning a flying AND a steel move, what are your over/unders on a new eeveelution next gen? I feel that both a Flying Eevee and a steel eevee are possible ti he quite honest, as the types are both SE against Ice and Grass, respectively. Those types, if you recall, are the Eeveelutions of Sinnoh.

Wait what? I wasn't aware that the shaggy Eevee knows a flying and steel type move.

Hmm, it would be nice to see another new evolution for Eevee, which I expect is to be a given, and the fact it could potentially gets my hope up for the return of cross-gen evolution.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Three PAL (EU etc) Zeraora codes:

E9Z5K3ADGKG4REWZ
E9Z5K27TW33ZW77Z
E9Z5X5MYU736MHPT

Apparnetly I had three more than I realised so you lot can have them.

Type2

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Ultra Moon on black friday. I needed exactly this amount of time after playing the originals to deal with this early game. Excited to go in blind! Also started playing Platinum for the first time but that might fall to the back burner cause of ultra moon.

EDIT: As someone who hasnt touched his pokemon moon or older editions in quite some time are there still mythical codes you can redeem for things i mightve missed?

Last edited:

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
EDIT: As someone who hasnt touched his pokemon moon or older editions in quite some time are there still mythical codes you can redeem for things i mightve missed?

LETSGOPIKACHU06
LETSGOPIKACHU09
13LETSGOPIKACHU
LETS17GOPIKACHU
LETSGO19PIKACHU

These are universal codes that give 5 of the 7 ash cap pikachu's. They expire tomorrow though.

There are also codes for Ho-Oh/Lugia, Zeraora, Shiny Poipole, Reshiram/Zekrom, and Latios/Latias floating around. These are single use though so keep an eye on here and places like https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades for people giving them out. You could also try to see if a gamestop employee will still give them to you if you have one nearby.

There are also 2 QR code events that are universal: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/...nt_Pokémon_in_Generation_VII#QR_Code_Magearna

Magearna you can use after you beat the game, Partner Cap Pikachu you can get after you reach the second island.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the itch to play Pokémon. Got myself a 2ds (also for my daugher). Question on what games I should be picking up. I picked up Omega Ruby as I never got too far into that gen. Played Gen 1, 2 and 4? Whatever D/P was.

Also any of the spin offs good? Already have Detective Pikachu. Was looking at Conquest.

Thanks in advance!

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
LETSGOPIKACHU06
LETSGOPIKACHU09
13LETSGOPIKACHU
LETS17GOPIKACHU
LETSGO19PIKACHU

These are universal codes that give 5 of the 7 ash cap pikachu's. They expire tomorrow though.

There are also codes for Ho-Oh/Lugia, Zeraora, Shiny Poipole, Reshiram/Zekrom, and Latios/Latias floating around. These are single use though so keep an eye on here and places like https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades for people giving them out. You could also try to see if a gamestop employee will still give them to you if you have one nearby.

There are also 2 QR code events that are universal: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_QR_Code_in-game_event_Pokémon_in_Generation_VII#QR_Code_Magearna

Magearna you can use after you beat the game, Partner Cap Pikachu you can get after you reach the second island.

If I get rid of the Ash Cap Pikachu wonder cards can I redeem these codes? As it stands my game won't allow me to redeem these codes.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
If I get rid of the Ash Cap Pikachu wonder cards can I redeem these codes? As it stands my game won't allow me to redeem these codes.
As far as I am aware if the game doesn't let you redeem the code the only way to get around this is to start a new save file. Note these codes only work on US/UM so if you are trying on S/M that's why.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I am aware if the game doesn't let you redeem the code the only way to get around this is to start a new save file. Note these codes only work on US/UM so if you are trying on S/M that's why.

Yeah I realized I was using Moon, not ultra Moon. Thanks for sharing these codes, I had no idea they were a thing.

Last edited:

Type2

Oct 27, 2017
LETSGOPIKACHU06
LETSGOPIKACHU09
13LETSGOPIKACHU
LETS17GOPIKACHU
LETSGO19PIKACHU

There are also 2 QR code events that are universal: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_QR_Code_in-game_event_Pokémon_in_Generation_VII#QR_Code_Magearna

Thanks, I redeemed those before it was too late. Shame I missed out on the other stuff.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Three PAL (EU etc) Zeraora codes:

E9Z5K3ADGKG4REWZ
E9Z5K27TW33ZW77Z
E9Z5X5MYU736MHPT

Apparnetly I had three more than I realised so you lot can have them.
Just rolled in here on a whim, put in code 1 expecting it to have been used, it had not.
So cheers for the zappy catty thing friend!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Had a good Ultra Necrozma battle. Didn't want to Toxic Stall this time. Mimikyu led to Thunder Wave it. Necrozma still outsped it though and didn't let it do anything else. Thankfully it was fully paralyzed against Primeape, letting it Rock Tomb Necrozma twice. That let Togedmaru, Pelipper, and especially Oranguru (thank you Foul Play) chip away at its health before they fainted, leaving it just weak it enough for Incineroar to beat with Malicious Moonsault. All while my Pokemon are in the mid-40s.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Lana catches the Eevee, man why does she get the Eevee? ¬_¬;

Also is Ash ever going to fill his team out or stay forever stuck at 4 Pokémon?

NickHyde

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to find higher level partners in the battle agency? I keep finding level 0 while I'm grade 17 and getting absolutely curbstomped :(

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Reshiram / Zekrom (NA - expires Jan. 28th)
A869 8U5R T9Y9 RPKJ

Lugia / Ho-Oh (NA - expires Feb. 28th)
A885 MLSA E6F5 KD2C

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think I'm going to bail on Let's Go Eevee and instead play Yellow. I just can't adjust to the lack of wild battles. Grinding by catching Pokemon over and over again is no bueno.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an oficial thread for the anime over here on Era?

Edit: BTW, I just used the first code of the post above, thanks.

Last edited:

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
We used the community thread to talk about the anime back in Gaf, so if you want to talk about the anime here feel free.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys! So I picked up Moon again, which I bought on launch and stopped after like 2 hours. I wanna get through this and Ultra Sun before this year's Switch game comes out. Since I haven't been playing for so long I seem to have missed out on all the legendary giveaways and whatnot. I just wanted to ask what the best method is now to get a hold of those rare pokemon (like the birds and cats and genies and dragons etc etc).

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Hey guys! So I picked up Moon again, which I bought on launch and stopped after like 2 hours. I wanna get through this and Ultra Sun before this year's Switch game comes out. Since I haven't been playing for so long I seem to have missed out on all the legendary giveaways and whatnot. I just wanted to ask what the best method is now to get a hold of those rare pokemon (like the birds and cats and genies and dragons etc etc).

If you just want to catch them, they are all available in USUM iirc. If you want the specific events, you'll have to trade with someone, I think.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
If you just want to catch them, they are all available in USUM iirc. If you want the specific events, you'll have to trade with someone, I think.
Aha, okay, thanks. And I'm assuming that people offering the rare pokemon require equally rare stuff in return? Guess I won't be completing my pokedex then. Just saw the list of unobtainable pokemon in gen 7 and it's pretty long, haha.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Aha, okay, thanks. And I'm assuming that people offering the rare pokemon require equally rare stuff in return? Guess I won't be completing my pokedex then. Just saw the list of unobtainable pokemon in gen 7 and it's pretty long, haha.

Probably, yeah. Maybe there is someone here that has multiples that will trade for something lesser. A lot of the legendaries are available in USUM.

You can try to use the GTS to pick up some of the rarer Pokemon as well.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
One of my news years resolutions is to get back to a complete living Pokedex. I never went in and bought Ultra Sun or Moon and the idea of playing those games just to get a couple of monsters seems painful. Does anyone here have them and be willing to trade me for them?

Poipol
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon
Zeraora

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
One of my news years resolutions is to get back to a complete living Pokedex. I never went in and bought Ultra Sun or Moon and the idea of playing those games just to get a couple of monsters seems painful. Does anyone here have them and be willing to trade me for them?

Poipol
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon
Zeraora

If you don't own USUM people can't trade them to you iirc - because they aren't in SM's data.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Anyone else playing Pokemon Duel? It's got a substantial update today which I haven't been able to check yet, but I hope it's good. I have been trying every Pokemon F2P game in the last couple of months and this is my current favorite.

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a bunch of time off so I've been going through some of the games again and the anime. I tried rewatching from where I stopped, which was around Black/White, but I just couldn't get through it, so I started XY. I have no idea why it gets so much hate, I am actually enjoying it. Serena is great, as are the other two companions.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else excited for Team Up? I'm going to my first ever pre release tournament for it :D
Finally getting back into the game with Lost March. Gonna go to my first challenge in forever.
Was out for like the last 6 months, as I wasn't really feeling any of the decks and Lost March wasn't as consistent before.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's Go really surprises me. Masuda made it out to be like some really casual game but it's actually literally Pokemon Yellow in 3D and HD.

But even then, I'm actually losing to the Gym Leaders. I tried to use Onyx against Lt. Surge's Raichu and he Double Kicked me. xD

I've noticed also that the AI in this game is just generally better and they're using competitive tactics.

One thing I'll also state is I really love how fast the "tutorials" are. It's like 5 seconds and I'm back into the action. So refreshing.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'd never really watched the Pokemon anime and was enjoying catching up with XYZ and B/W series on the app and I am now annoyed that they've decided to change it so it's only the Indigo and Sun/Moon series available :(

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I tried the Let's Go demo version today and found it a bit awkward at first but once you learn the controls, the game mechanics and how it plays is pretty good.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Well I cracked and bought Let's Go. I originally wasn't interested in it at all, thinking I could just wait for this year's game. But with all the hype starting to build for Gen 8, and having not played Pokemon for months (except GO), I've become a bit thirsty for a game right now.

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
Well I cracked and bought Let's Go. I originally wasn't interested in it at all, thinking I could just wait for this year's game. But with all the hype starting to build for Gen 8, and having not played Pokemon for months (except GO), I've become a bit thirsty for a game right now.

Congrats! Which version did you get? I have ended up really enjoying my time with Let's Go Pikachu, last I checked I had over 100 hrs in the game and don't see stopping anytime soon.