• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
nsf4fqc.jpg

Welcome to the ResetEra World of Pokémon! This is a community thread to discuss all things Pokémon. From Red & Green to Mystery Dungeon to Magikarp Jump to the Anime, all facets of the Pokémon Community are to be discussed here.

What is Pokémon?

Pokémon is a multimedia franchise that started in 1996 by Nintendo, Game Freak & Creatures Inc. where you capture, train and battle monsters, but while the video games started it, it soon moved to Trading Cards, Manga and even animated series and let's not forget a massive amount of merchandise with new merchandise revealed weekly in Japan, and very often elsewhere!

Video Games
HLO7Obk.gif

These are what started it all. The first games, Pokémon Red & Green were first released in 1996, being developed by Game Freak, Creatures Inc. and Nintendo. Why are there two versions or most games? Shigeru Miyamoto came up with the idea to split them in order to encourage players to trade and interact!

The video games are separated into two elements: Main Series games and Spin-off games. Main Series are developed by Game Freak while spin-off games are developed by a myriad of developers including Niantic, Bandai Namco, Nintendo, and many more.

Main Series List
Spin-Off List

Anime
DIbWpgzVYAAc7nF.jpg

The anime started in 1997 and features 10 year old trainer Ash Ketchum and his Pikachu as they travel through the various regions. He has gone through each region making friends, catching Pokémon and losing leagues.

There have been over 1,000 episodes of the anime made and 20 movies all about his adventures, and it still is going on strong.

Trading Card Game
81lhuBEWNmL._SL1500_.jpg

The Trading Card Game started in 1996 and has produced dozens of sets, thousands upon thousands of cards with various expanding mechanics, often going in line with the Pokémon Video Games, including Mega Evolutions and GX Attacks, attacks akin to Z-Moves. New sets come out every 3 months.

There's so much more to Pokémon so be sure to keep chatting. Keep things civil! Train On!

Last edited:

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Who's seeing I Choose You in cinemas? I'm heading down on Monday. First time I've seen a Pokemon movie on the big screen since the very first :D

Ahri

Lying PR
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Who's seeing I Choose You in cinemas? I'm heading down on Monday. First time I've seen a Pokemon movie on the big screen since the very first :D

Would love to but it seems that it's not in English where I live. Will wait for it to be on VOD or Bluray.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lurked the previous incarnation of this thread but was never really active. 'sup guys

Include

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for the last Pokémon on the 3DS, this generation was very good, so good that Pokémon X became my favorite of the series alongside Soul Silver.

Hopefully the Switch games will keep the innovation coming.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Once I beat Ultra Sun I'm putting the 3DS away and counting down the days until the Switch era begins. Unless there is a tremendous postgame. I'm talking Battle Frontier, World Tournament, something.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Once I beat Ultra Sun I'm putting the 3DS away and counting down the days until the Switch era begins. Unless there is a tremendous postgame. I'm talking Battle Frontier, World Tournament, something.
I'm hopeful for something, but at least we probably won't get anything as insulting as the model Battle Frontier in ORAS.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's good to be back and posting.

Also seeing as he's not here yet, Johto is the best region.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Never posted in the old community thread I think, but been hanging out in the Discord and nice to see there's already a new thread here :3

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
And we're back

Actual Fact.

Also what on earth is wrong with Brock/Ash/Misty in that OP? is that the new anime? It's ugly as sin.
I'm not an expert in animation but the Sun/Moon anime uses a new style where the character designs are more rounded which allows them to be animated more easily/fluidly.

Brock and Misty were just featured in two episodes. They're not in it normally.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
That's reasonable. I still don't love it but at least that's a decent reason for the change.

I wasn't super keen on it initially myself. It looked poorly drawn, but it has given new life to the Pokemon series. The prior series was becoming a little too static for my liking. This has definitely turned things around.

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
I finally got my first legendary on Pokemon Go today. It's only amazing/excellent though so really I should incinerate it. Instead I've buddied it while I weigh it up.

Suicine 1586 CP

Can't be that good though because I battered it with 3 Tangelas.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I never really posted in the old thread either, especially since I don't do competitive battling and the sort.

US/UM looks interesting enough, and I'm really curious about Rocket. Hope I can get it shortly after its launch.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm hopeful for something, but at least we probably won't get anything as insulting as the model Battle Frontier in ORAS.

Yeah, I agree that them putting that there was very insulting.

That, plus the quotes about Scott looking for a "Pike Queen" or whatever.

And then they came out and said people didn't have time for that kind of stuff anymore, which is funny considering training for competitive tournaments takes just as long.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Are we anticipating a demo for US/UM? I recall seeing it mentioned somewhere that a Title ID had been discovered for one, but it's possible I just imagined it.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Are we anticipating a demo for US/UM? I recall seeing it mentioned somewhere that a Title ID had been discovered for one, but it's possible I just imagined it.
After what's happened the last two times, probably not. They would've likely announced it by now anyway.

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel a USUM demo is really necessary to begin with. Wouldn't show anything new enough to be noteworthy.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Demos also seem to be the way GameFreak gets all of their stuff leaked.

This is definitely true! I'm going to be trying to avoid leaks and possibly official releases as much as possible next gen. I want to recapture the feeling of booting up a Pokemon game and experiencing everything for the first time in isolation. I've tried to do so with previous gens but usually my curiosity gets the better of me. I managed to make it through S/M without seeing the leaked list of Pokemon for at least a longer period than usual and that was fun.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the fresh smell of a new PokeEra! I'm gonna use this time to gloat a bit :P

image.jpg

OK OK, it's not that great (this is my current Battle Spot Special ranking), especially since I actually won the first one (and almost won the last one but I messed up hard at the end rofl). That being said, I think this is the first time I've ever used Nidoqueen or Decidueye competitvely. I've been using Nidoqueen as a stall breaker (It has Horn Drill from an RBY transfer, and I love blasting Chansey that think they're safe!), and Decidueye is pretty much just a Grass-type that can blast Celesteela and Cresselia thanks to its Z move. However, its pretty frail (it's currently Jolly because I wanted to outspeed Adamant Dragonite when TR wasn't up), but I might try a bulkier Adamant spread later.

Still a bit sureal I finally managed to use all the Alola starters competitively by coincidence (I used Incineroar in the first special, and Primarina is actually a standard in Battle Spot Singles lol). Hope the new UBs for USUM are good mons to use too! Don't have much hope for Assembly though, jesus Gamefreak why did you have to give it a Rock / Steel typing...

Status
Not open for further replies.