• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love it how I make a beeline towards a Pokémon thread.

Soooo Team Rocket in Ultra Sun and Moon? I am not expecting much from the role other than a small cameo. Also worriedly there seems to be confirmation that we won't get new Alola form, kinda disappointing and heavily bias towards the gen 1 Pokémon if that's the case, but strangely I am okay with this?

Darn it Joe, it was supposed to be a Unova subtitle.

Ha ha true, though at the very least we skipped over Kalos. ;p

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Rocket building on the box is extremely similar to the one you face against Lusamine on Aether Paradise

DM6daSOUQAAxH8N.jpg
DM6daziU8AELnj-.jpg

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using this post to teach myself what I can and can't do on this forum from my iPhone. Pictures continues to be a pain in the butt.

My avatar sucks on this site though.

Edit: possible to change the theme? Dark theme?

Last edited:

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I love it how I make a beeline towards a Pokémon thread.

Soooo Team Rocket in Ultra Sun and Moon? I am not expecting much from the role other than a small cameo. Also worriedly there seems to be confirmation that we won't get new Alola form, kinda disappointing and heavily bias towards the gen 1 Pokémon if that's the case, but strangely I am okay with this?

Ha ha true, though at the very least we skipped over Kalos. ;p

Is this where the first Gen War begins?

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if you ran into UBs throughout the story instead of locking them all away in the postgame. Half the fun is using the Pokemon during the playthrough.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Still disappointing there are no Johto Alolans.
Malie is such a tease.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha damn it, I wasn't trying to start a gen war. >_<;

Honestly though Alolan form was a great way to celebrate the gen 1 games celebrating its 20 anniversary and I hope that the door for regional form isn't firmly closed.

I agree with you, don't worry. I'd imagine in the future, that remakes will serve to expand on the idea with Sinnoh variants, etc, for a broader range of Pokemon from Gen 1 onwards.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ah, a Pokémon thread. I'm just breathing it all in. It's good to be home.

Looks like the Rainbow Rocket rumors got a lot more weight to them while I was disenfranchised. That opens up some exciting possibilities.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, a Pokémon thread. I'm just breathing it all in. It's good to be home.

Looks like the Rainbow Rocket rumors got a lot more weight to them while I was disenfranchised. That opens up some exciting possibilities.

The possibilities have opened widely that's for sure. I'd love to see Cyrus make an appearance of sorts; the last time we saw him, he was trapped in a pocket dimension after all.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I was a lurker on the old board, but I try to de-lurk myself here often. Also, I'm thankful I was able to sign up as the best Pokemon. I'm not sure if I'm going to bite the bullet day one on US/UM. I'm just going to wait for impressions first.

Still disappointing there are no Johto Alolans.
Malie is such a tease.

Bellossom was robbed.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to know just how likely the rumor of all the former Execs/Bosses, but from alternate realities where they won out, is.

Are people thinking they're part of Rainbow Rocket?

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people liked Rocket because they wanted to profit off Pokémon and not take over the world and stuff.
(In the RPG trappings kind of way)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I don't know offhand what the release date for US/UM is.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people liked Rocket because they wanted to profit off Pokémon and not take over the world and stuff.
(In the RPG trappings kind of way)

That's what I enjoyed about Rocket. They could still act in that capacity in US/UM. We don't know the extent of their role, unless there are rumours I haven't read that have suggested otherwise?

Wicked Dragon

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Unova and Kalos, got snubbed by Alola. Haha... guess people just want to get up to speed so fast, huh?

Anyway, nice to meet you all here. It'll be a while before I get an avatar uploaded (hopefully tonight). The sign-in process isn't exactly Asia-friendly due to time zones...

That's what I enjoyed about Rocket. They could still act in that capacity in US/UM. We don't know the extent of their role, unless there are rumours I haven't read that have suggested otherwise?

According to the rumors:
Rainbow Rocket is a conglomerate of every pre-gen 7 evil team from alternate realities where they didn't get thrashed by ten year olds and achieved their respective goals.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Only lurked in the previous community threads but I'm happy to be back. I guess I'll be more active here now, though not until after USUM. I have no idea about any of this stuff being mentioned here and don't want spoilers.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, waited an hour not getting an email through Yahoo, changed email addresses, got confirmation instantly.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
According to the rumors:
Rainbow Rocket is a conglomerate of every pre-gen 7 evil team from alternate realities where they didn't get thrashed by ten year olds and achieved their respective goals.
I just wonder how that's going to work with Archie and Maxie, who had literally opposing goals, and Cyrus, whose goal of rebooting the universe without spirit doesn't necessarily seem compatible with any other team leader's ambitions. Unless they don't care what happens in other universes I guess.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I just wonder how that's going to work with Archie and Maxie, who had literally opposing goals, and Cyrus, whose goal of rebooting the universe without spirit doesn't necessarily seem compatible with any other team leader's ambitions. Unless they don't care what happens in other universes I guess.

A true Legion of Doom. Without knowing the context, it'd be hard to guess their motives beyond assuming power across all dimensions/realities. It'd be great to see some in-fighting and scheming amongst Rainbow Rocket members if the rumour proves true, however.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
It's a whole new forum we live in
It's a whole new way to see
It's a whole new place with a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all and be the best that you can be

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
OK OK, it's not that great (this is my current Battle Spot Special ranking), especially since I actually won the first one (and almost won the last one but I messed up hard at the end rofl). That being said, I think this is the first time I've ever used Nidoqueen or Decidueye competitvely. I've been using Nidoqueen as a stall breaker (It has Horn Drill from an RBY transfer, and I love blasting Chansey that think they're safe!), and Decidueye is pretty much just a Grass-type that can blast Celesteela and Cresselia thanks to its Z move. However, its pretty frail (it's currently Jolly because I wanted to outspeed Adamant Dragonite when TR wasn't up), but I might try a bulkier Adamant spread later.
Wow, I thought I was the only one. BSS/p is a lot tougher than people realize, especially if you like having unique teams, there's so much Blaziken and Salamence spam.

There's a set I've been wanting to try, can do similar things to the bulk Decidueye but a little better:
Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Will-o-wisp
- Wish
- Protect
Just lay on the debuffs and heal up in the meantime. It's probably not going to win or get you past 1700, but it's hilarious that something can actually do this.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to the rumors:
Hmm, definitely interesting if true. Really curious how they'll make that work though. Like, I can perhaps see some of them being on the same page, like say maybe Cyrus and Lysandere (then again, Lysandre might see Cyrus's ambitions as just another form of greed and selfishness, with the whole making himself a god thing, and be rather concerned by that). But how will they make sense of say Lysandre and Giovanni working together? Giovanni seems to be exactly the type of person and problem with the world that Lysandre was trying to "fix" with his plan. Doesn't really make sense for them to be on the same team. Same with Lysandre and Ghetsis. Going to be real interesting to see how they end up handling that if it ends up being true.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I'm into the rumored plot point. It actually sounds more fitting for an anniversary game (last year) than a third version. Even if it's not true, it's cool to see Rocket again.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'm into the rumored plot point. It actually sounds more fitting for an anniversary game (last year) than a third version. Even if it's not true, it's cool to see Rocket again.
I wouldn't mind if they just went full fanfic for third versions in the future. It would be a good way of differentiating them at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.