• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a new playthrough of Moon. Gonna name all my mons after various, er... ERA peeps. This should be fun! ^_^

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Alola! Happy to see many familiar faces, USUM would have not been the same without this community.

...and I'm still crossing fingers for new Alola forms.

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
*reserves spot*

Also, will be reposting something in a few - just getting settled in :)

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I lost 11 years of Pokémon progress when my I transferred from 3DS to n3DS XL (my copy of X was digital, and the transfer option that would have let me move my digital data wasn't working). But I still bought Moon because I still like Pokémon. I tried searching for it last month, my physical copy was and still is nowhere to be found, so that's another year lost (had a shiny RE Blue Lycanroc too).

Still can't wait for UM next month.

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
Been out of the Pokemon community since S/M hit. :x Just hasn't been all that entertaining to me. But stopped by to say hi and that I made it over this way.

As a note though, make sure you all get your Shiny Silvally codes from GameStop!

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Been out of the Pokemon community since S/M hit. :x Just hasn't been all that entertaining to me. But stopped by to say hi and that I made it over this way.

As a note though, make sure you all get your Shiny Silvally codes from GameStop!
PreyingShark here. All my GameStops are dead RIP :P

JPBrowncoat

Oct 25, 2017
New York

I went today and they had no codes. =( I'll stop by before the 13th to try again.

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
I went today and they had no codes. =( I'll stop by before the 13th to try again.

Wow, really? Not even printed ones?

I went yesterday and I was like "Do you guys have any?" And he goes "Those three people leaving now just got the last ones." I about died. But then his coworker was like dude we got printed ones. I thought he'd meant they'd run out of them already. But he just meant the actual pretty cards with them.

I shoulda got two codes while I was out. Forgetting to get extra. If I'm out and about rest of the week I'll see if I can snag some.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone already planning out their USUM teams?

Currently my theme is gonna be "Pokemon I can see myself using but don't urgently need" and "Pokemon that will fucking anihilate ingame" lol. Currently thinking about a Naive level 2 Lucario, a level 10 Palkia with Timid, an HP Fire Milotic.... hmm what other broken but potentially useful things shall I use...

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I made a trip explicitly for the Silvally code to my local Gamestop (which is usually good about those kind of things) on Monday and... yeah, they didn't have them. So probably gonna call ahead first before trying again Friday (unless someone wants to be generous and has extra, and also wants to save me a trip...)

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017

Currently my theme is gonna be "Pokemon I can see myself using but don't urgently need" and "Pokemon that will fucking anihilate ingame" lol. Currently thinking about a Naive level 2 Lucario, a level 10 Palkia with Timid, an HP Fire Milotic.... hmm what other broken but potentially useful things shall I use...
Probably going mono-poison this time around, I saw a run of it recently and it looked pretty fun.

And, you know, it forces me to use Ariados for a while.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My main VGC team will probably be largely similar.

I don't see the core of Whimsicott, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Koko changing.
Maybe if there's a new Tapu.

If Landorus is in, it'll likely be in there.
Will be the main Intimidater, replacing Gyarados/Arcanine.

If Adhesive is actually bulky, maybe I'll switch Muk.

If I do Landorus, I could probably take out Marowak too.
Maybe replace with a good Celesteela.

Lots of assumptions though.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I planned out my team for SuMo but this time around I'll just see what I get.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to have a Volcarona on my team but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the BS of leveling a Larvesta the entire game lol

plus I dunno how early it'll be available

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Do we already know which pokemons are going to be exclusive for each geame? (except the cover legendaries and the 2 new Ultrabeasts)

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Houndoom is exclusive to Ultra Sun and Manectric is exclusive to Ultra Moon. Other than that I'm not sure.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, my first post in the Pokemon community thread, kinda ironic. heh

Really looking forward to find our why RR exists, how, and what their motives are. Really hyped for US/UM.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to have a Volcarona on my team but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the BS of leveling a Larvesta the entire game lol

plus I dunno how early it'll be available

Great choice. I love Volcarona, but as you said, given the high level evolution requirement, I hope Larvesta is available close the beginning of the game. Even an egg would be great.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Can someone catch me up on the whole "Rainbow Rocket" thing please? It seems that news came out during the transition period between sites.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I had mentioned before that I was going to finish my original Ruby Pokédex, and I did eventually get a Cyndaquil. In the process of restarting my Emerald copy to get Totodile, I decided instead to just replay Emerald for now instead of just trading stuff over again.

It's been a lot of fun. I really do love how fast these games play, and the way the game looks and sounds. It's reminded me of a bunch of shake ups Emerald did, like the Vigoroth doing all of the moving at your house instead of Machoke, the different trainers at the route outside Petalburg Woods, Marill being available so early on, etc. I'm just done fighting Roxie, but man, what a great game to close the third generation off with.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can someone catch me up on the whole "Rainbow Rocket" thing please? It seems that news came out during the transition period between sites.
A supposed leak said that there would be an organisation in the games called Rainbow Rocket that would be made up of the evil team leaders from universes where they accomplished their goals. A Japanese display showed screenshots of Team Rocket Grunts challenging you to battle, as well as a building with a rainbow-coloured R on it. No real word on whether the team-up thing is true, though.

DanTheMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about USUM. Is there any news on what the Pokedex is going to be like? I'm trying to currently get a Living Dex in Y to switch over to USUM, and I'm contemplating on whether to keep going or stop where I'm at and wait for USUM

And another question is, I've never bought SM, will that hurt me at all?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about USUM. Is there any news on what the Pokedex is going to be like? I'm trying to currently get a Living Dex in Y to switch over to USUM, and I'm contemplating on whether to keep going or stop where I'm at and wait for USUM

And another question is, I've never bought SM, will that hurt me at all?

It's seemingly the same as S/M plus new new additions like Houndoom and Volcarona, but we don't know what they added just yet.

If you haven't played S/M you should be fine starting with US/UM.

Do we already know which pokemons are going to be exclusive for each geame? (except the cover legendaries and the 2 new Ultrabeasts)

Exactly the same as S/M, so it's probably best to buy the opposite of whatever version you played last.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Im the only one hoping for a ton of new Ultra Beasts in USUM and later gens. I know a lot of people dislike a ton of legendary like mons, vut ther stat spreads a, movepools, and designs are so weird that I want much more of it!

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I reeeeeeally hope that USUM has Drill Run as a tutor move cuz I've got a massive hankering to remake my Mega Beedrill team.

It's a real shame that you can't transfer BP between games though; I'm sitting on over 500 in SM with basically nothing to spend it on.

Will

Oct 26, 2017
I have a bunch of BP saved up in bank that I can send over to the new games. I heard you have to play the Mantine surf minigame for move tutors in this game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.