• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Let's GO!

• Pikachu

Votes: 542 27.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 920 46.3%
  • Home

Votes: 527 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, there will be gyms, and levels and team compositions for a gym will be set by however many gym badges you have at the time (I.e. if you go to a gym with no badges in hand, no matter what gym, the leader's team is set at 2 Pokémon, the highest is Level 11; if you have one badge in hand, two Pokémon, the highest is Lvl 18; and so on). Areas will have a mixture of scaling and gating. All campaign areas will be scaled, with any endgame or post game areas gated (this is also how you're stopped from getting a Legendary right away).
In general, I'd like minimal plot intervention in Pokémon, but, for instance, the game could be designed so the seventh gym is ALWAYS fixed to be a certain one (if you try going there before, it's closed), and being in that location with six badges is what kicks off the plot.

This isn't actually hard to make work. The flags and triggers needed to make a system like this work already exist.

The interesting thing is that Gens 1-2 already had a proto-system like this in place, too.

Hmmm I could see that working decently but Game Freak would really have to dial back the plot, which they've seemingly dialed up more recently. Also this type of progression might be a bit more difficult or confusing for kids, which might be dissuading them from trying it out.

Sounds interesting though. I guess we'll see!

Does that poster know anything or are you just taking a random date as inside knowledge?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon is going to get announced tomorrow, I guarantee it. If it isn't, I'll eat cardboard.

Wait I thought you were the other Bill...

1200x630bb.jpg

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
My source, who works at Nintendo of Antarctica, has confirmed to me that people will be eating cardboard.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
We aren't expecting (or rather hoping) for a marketing push this week though. Just a trailer with the name of the game and maybe a release date. If they show a little gameplay or graphical showcase, even better.

May can still be used for the marketing push in this scenario.

I mean for the marketing push, sure, but at least the name etc was already announced. That a Pokemon game is coming to Switch sometime in the future can hardly be called an announcement.

Also re: Serebii, 2010 is now eight years ago.

Oh, sure. I wasn't ruling out an announcement this week because of that, I'm just saying that it makes sense to expect info on May, regardless of whether they re-reveal the games earlier than that.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Pokémon Shuffle was a fun spinoff until they throttled it to death by being greedy.

Pokémon Picross would have been one for the ages if they'd have sold it straight-up rather than that using that terrible microtransaction system.
Pokemon Picross needed two things:
A Rumble World style retail package
and
A content update for said retail package with more Pokemon and puzzles

Then it would have been goat. Too many easy ones and the microtransactions blew.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I could see that working decently but Game Freak would really have to dial back the plot, which they've seemingly dialed up more recently. Also this type of progression might be a bit more difficult or confusing for kids, which might be dissuading them from trying it out.

That's the thing, though, Gens 1 and 2 already had something like this in place, as did Gen 4, and they were the most popular generations yet.

Not as bad as eating cardboard.

.......wait a minute

I'll go in on this. If it is announced tomorrow, I'll eat cardboard, and film it! This way, no matter what, somebody is gonna eat some cardboard

Wait I thought you were the other Bill...

1200x630bb.jpg

Really makes you think
It's a guarantee, folks, believe me

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Does that poster know anything or are you just taking a random date as inside knowledge?
I have no clue who that is. I was joking.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honoring my bet with myself and just giving up now. I'll be stuck with Mew until the game gets announced I guess.

089.jpg_large

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
So I read the last few pages, and people are hyped that the new Pokemon is going to be announced today at some kind of investor's meeting. Is this a correct summary? I'm not feeling the hype, but I really want to jump in. It just doesn't sound smart to announce it like this, when E3 is right around the corner, we might get some new tidbits of info though.

Oct 26, 2017
imo, it's gonna be announced at e3.

Then they can manage to contain the disappointment over the production values by immediately moving onto Metroid Prime 4 footage ;)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I read the last few pages, and people are hyped that the new Pokemon is going to be announced today at some kind of investor's meeting. Is this a correct summary? I'm not feeling the hype, but I really want to jump in. It just doesn't sound smart to announce it like this, when E3 is right around the corner, we might get some new tidbits of info though.

No, the investors meeting is on Thursday. It could be announced then, but in the past ORAS was announced the day before the April investors meeting so there's a chance that could happen again here, so sometime tomorrow.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

The investor meeting is April 27th, and the earnings release is April 26th.

Some of us think it's likely that the game will be announced before said meeting because Nintendo will want to let investors know whether or not the game will be coming this year. Of course they don't have to, but it's in their best interest to do so.

Articuno isn't even the best legendary bird in his generation

Blasphemy.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I want to catch a cute little Metroid and use it as a Pokemon. It can then evolve to its Gamma, Zeta, Omega stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.