• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's GO!

• Pikachu

Votes: 542 27.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 920 46.3%
  • Home

Votes: 527 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The catching Pokémon like Pokémon Go is probably optional because they know casual phone users will buy the game and want an easy option for them.

cta2417

Jan 10, 2018
This is crazy ness. I'm worried it's going to be to much like go. I'm hoping it doesn't require moving to find Pokémon as I'm lazy lol

VicGmz

Oct 28, 2017
We can take one thing for sure, when the game is finally revealed, the internet is going to be on fire! Maybe a lot of people would be disappointed, but if the move goes as they want we will see a lot of the people that felt with Go, sharing the excitement for this new game again, and ready in line to get a Switch... I can't believe Go has like 700 millions downloads

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with Kanto but whatever this turns out to be i hope it's still a full playable experience with little-to-no GO use.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Candy is linked to leveling, but Stardust is the real cap on levelling in Go. They could tie their version of Stardust/Rare candies to battling if they want to keep the catching mechanics similar to Go while maintaining the main series' battle mechanics.
So double the grind! I hope they just refer to the possibility of you doing a motion to throw the ball. Otherwise... yeah no

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Taking inspiration from pokemon go is something I don't want so it's going to be real.
I feel as if I willed mario Odyssey into existence as very much like the mario game I wanted my dream mario game and more. so the universe balances that out by making pokemon games I don't want.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can refer to me as Mr.Insider now

also the GO thing is just a gimmick, capture isn't really different in GO than in normal games

Ygqora

Feb 5, 2018
Unsure how to feel about the lets go pikachu/eevee thing, will have to wait and see. But it does seem to work with many rumors/leaks/hints we've gotten, which makes me lean towards it being at least partially real.

Ryoku

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the thing. Switch is a portable device OR a home console. Gamefreak (and probably Nintendo) realize that Pokemon, as a series, is tied to its roots as a portable game first.

However, this changes with the Switch, with which you can play entirely at home. How do you adapt a game without sacrificing the portable features? Integrate with Pokemon Go (or incorporate Pokemon Go-like functionalities into the game). This way you can still utilize the game's portable features without being forced to play the game in handheld most of the time. Also plays to the tune of the current generation of people who play on their phones.

kiriflo

Apr 23, 2018
Wait and See guys ! Don't take any informations for reality ! We can speculate, why not but not take them for sure !

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Serebii 's thoughts on what Go could bring to the capture in mainline Pokemon games :

One of the saddest things I observed watching my nephew play Pokémon on 3DS was the capture process. Rather than do it with the buttons, he tried swiping the top screen of the console, just like in Pokémon GO.

So, how can this be remedied? It could be done with a simple - preferably optional - change to the capture mechanics. On Switch, why not have a small mini-game where you can throw the Poké Ball like in GO, either with touch screen portably or using the Joy-Cons? Maybe the game could award a small bonus for doing it this way. Obviously Pokémon GO simplifies the whole process to the point where there's no real combat with the 'mon, and we don't want the mainline games to become quite that basic, but there's a middle ground here, surely.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, talks about this everywhere ... if those leaks/rumors are right ... i hope Nintendo/TPC don't really sit it out until the last possible day this month.

Like ... do it like Bethesda did with Rage 2 ... own up it has leaked and proceed to unveil it earlier.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I'd be excited as hell if these rumoures were true

It would be an awesome way to start with Switch and great way to wait till Gen 8

People of course will be disappointed no matter what, I guess those expecting a Pokemon BOTW

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Huh. I don't like the sound of this at all. Not just the names, if true it means the screenshot has got to be real, which looks gross to me, and if we are going to revisit Kanto during the original story (as it being a Yellow remake would imply) I'd really want to be playing as Red of Leaf. Plus I'm done with Pokemon Go, this feels really gimmicky.

Also I'm gonna assume the following Pokemon would just be Pikachu and Eevee, so not getting my hopes up in that regard.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What if they introduce new stone evolutions for pikachu? It would be parallel to evee and he alreafy has thunderstone.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Man, talks about this everywhere ... if those leaks/rumors are right ... i hope Nintendo/TPC don't really sit it out until the last possible day this month.

Like ... do it like Bethesda did with Rage 2 ... own up it has leaked and proceed to unveil it earlier.
What has leaked though? Sorry, I'm a bit late to the chat. Is it just that there is an imminent announcement?

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is this why there has been that interview recently about that scrapped 2nd evolution for Pikachu? I doubt it, but it's still curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.