2. Eevee

920 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Home

527 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. Atheerios

Atheerios

The game releasing this year is a core game, not a spin-off. They wouldn't release a spin-off before the previously announced core game or the backslash would be inmense.

And Emily basically confirmed it being a core game when she said the Pokémon games coming this year. Then another user specifically asked about the plural and Emily replied that Pokémon games usually come in pairs (Red+Blue, X+Y, Sun+Moon mentioned as example) so she assumed games.

2. konka

konka

Hope to god it's a Kanto game with only 151 pokemon.

3. They're not going to erase the other Pokemon just because you want only 151 to exist.

4. Cybersai

Cybersai

There will be more than the original 151 pokemon in the game, I can assure you that. Let alone the new evo's or pre-evo's of the original Kanto pokemon that would still be there, like Blissey or Umbreon/Espeon, Steelix, Scizor, Munchlax, Electrivire and Magmortar, Magnezone, Lickylicky.

Sorry, Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon will be there too.

5. Atheerios

Atheerios

Thankfully even if it's a Kanto game it will have all the 807 Pokémon :)

6. ADM975

ADM975

What's the likelihood we are extremely close to the announcement now that mods are hinting at the games? They usually know when a Direct would be incoming, don't they?

7. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac

Wouldn't be the first time.
    The first two Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games also came in pairs.

I'm not saying we definitely won't get a main series game this year, but nothing's really confirmed that, either.

8. konka

konka

I think there are only 151, the rest are fanfiction with shitty drawings.

9. Cybersai

Cybersai

lol. Really, every design is crap but the original 151...right guys....

10. Gridlock

Gridlock
    Banned Member

I’m sorry. I had this long post typed out in response to you. Giving my thoughts of XY (why I enjoyed it so much) and Alola while explaining the point I was originally trying to make and my phone or this site did something weird. I couldn’t copy it, I couldn’t scroll down to hit post reply when I started proof reading it. I’m pretty frustrated because I put a lot of thought and a decent amount of time into that post too.

11. Siege.exe

Siege.exe

There'd be plenty of people turned off enough by a barebones rehash of Kanto to not buy the next games. Thankfully, Gamefreak isn't as stupid as some people seem to think they are, so we don't have to worry about such things. Genwunners being slaves to their nostalgia and being wrong about post-gen 1 games is also a weird thing to give them props for.

12. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Why? That’s boring

13. konka

konka

I think most people see "Pokemon" and don't give a shit beyond that.

14. FiXalaS

FiXalaS

Oh you can buy that on 3DS VC.

15. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Pokemon Red is available for VC on the 3DS if you're interested. Now, on the other hand, if you are one of those who realized that Pokemon didn't die with the first entry and is the #1 franchise in the world, you'd realize it'd be foolhardy to ruin the pokemon other children have grown up on.

16. Niko Amii

Niko Amii

I won’t even be mad i can’t play Pokémon Switch until 2019, but, I don’t think I can take another year of Gen 1 vs everybody else and “Kanto remake” vs “Gen 8” banter for another year

17. Cybersai

Cybersai

Every pokemon gen has averaged 15 million+ sales in every main game afterward. I don't know where you got that from.

I didn't know 15 million sales over 20 years for each game was "people not giving a shit."

18. ChakosCough

ChakosCough

I'm gonna say this - if it's a Kanto remake, it'll be a "Pokemon, I Choose You" Kanto

19. Cybersai

Cybersai

You mean the movie? There was literally nothing distinct there but two new human characters, one being Cynthia's daughter.

20. So you came into this topic to troll and also be unoriginal on purpose right?
    Games are not the anime and never will be, the only exception is Ash Greninja (and some really subtle bones thrown like the silver metagross)

21. lvl 99 Pixel

lvl 99 Pixel

Unfortunately the pokemon in the anime are the only with any personality, individuality and charm with the most the game has being amie/refresh. I dont expect the next one to do much differently, but its a shame theyre just souless disposable weapons in the games and all the focus will be on the trainers again.

I imagine joe will come in and tell you all the other tie ins outside of greninja such as ashs pikachu (thats really underwhelming compared to the show)

22. GoldStarz

GoldStarz

Wow I wonder why you'd think that, it sounds almost like you don't like the majority of the franchise yet still feel entitled to having you whims fulfilled despite how nonsensical they are.

23. meloa

meloa

Is that why FRLG did so badly?

24. Emily

Emily
    Administrator

I just want to provide some clarification on what I said -- and what I didn't say.

What I said: I believe a Pokemon game is releasing on Switch later this year. It will be a RPG with at least two versions.

What I didn't say: I didn't specify whether it was a core game, a spinoff series, a remake of an older game, or a Gen 8 game.

I won't be sharing anymore details. The announcement isn't that far away.

25. B-Dubs

B-Dubs
    Oh well, what the hell Moderator

[​IMG]

26. Atheerios

Atheerios

Thank you for everything you do for us Emily.

27. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

You’re the best Emily. *thumbs up*

28. Farrac

Farrac

We're not worthy of you.

29. JakeNoseIt

JakeNoseIt

reset the clock

30. Papaya

Papaya

I wonder if they will announce it before E3. That would be a Pokemon type thing to do. I'm surprised it hasn't been revealed yet, tbh.

31. Serebii

Serebii
    Serebii.net Webmaster Verified User

Well.....

Pokémon Yellow

:p

There was also a reference in ORAS to Alain and his Mega Charizard which was a bit weird.

There aren't that many anime tie ins really.

32. zephyrsquall

zephyrsquall

This is the most interesting part. How soon is soon? E3?

33. Revolsin

Revolsin

Zhuge teased a direct incoming soon before E3, so likely that.

34. zephyrsquall

zephyrsquall

Oh, I definitely missed that. Can't wait any longer

35. Atheerios

Atheerios

Let's reset the clock for this upcoming week again :P

See you guys on Monday at 7AM PT for lots of fun and desperation.

36. I feel like this is the most substantial revelation that this thread has gotten and it only took hundreds of pages lmao

37. Cybersai

Cybersai

I can't believe a flooded 100 year in the future Kanto is going to be a thing.

It's like something out of a 12 year olds fanfiction from 1999.

38. Vito

Vito
    formerly Undead Fantasy Member

39. SilverX

SilverX

Thank you for the info, would it be this week by any chance though? Some of us are being kept awake at night wondering this (me only probably lol)

40. Farrac

Farrac

Alright guys, it's been a good week y'all. Now, let's take a well deserved break for the weekend and meet each other on Monday for another week of sorrow and despair.

41. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Actually all of the remake games have sold roughly the same amount (around 12 million) no matter what generation and this number is also less than what the newer main games sell. Only third editions don't sell as much but since that's comparing one version with two that's a bit unfair. So no, despite your attempt, FRLG didn't sell any better than other remakes nor other mainline titles despite it being a mostly 1:1 remake of Gen 1. And even if it did, it's also 14 years old at this point so trying to use it to judge the modern Pokemon audience is dated at best.

42. Serebii

Serebii
    Serebii.net Webmaster Verified User

Should there be a game this year, then E3 is the latest it is likely to be revealed

43. Cybersai

Cybersai

I wonder what the anime will do. SM is pretty easily going to end by November given the current pacing. But if the game is Kanto in the future, lol, the anime isn't going to move on from Ash. I wonder how they'll handle it. Maybe just have elements from the game in present time or something. Hopefully they go back to Ash's XY design or maybe the Movie 21 design for the next saga.

44. Farrac

Farrac

If it is revealed before E3 at this point expect thousands of people online going "why didn't they save it for E3?"

45. Zalman

Zalman

I mean, why not? They get an extra event out of it. Pokémon is big enough for it.

46. SilverX

SilverX

Because for Pokemon it goes "announcement with logo, followed by footage at a later date" to build tons of hype for clicks when the footage drops

47. Fuchsia

Fuchsia

Ok seriously where is this 100 year in the future thing coming from? Now it's flooded? Huh? I need to catch up on these rumors. Forgive the ignorance.

48. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

ZhugeEX hinted at a Mini-Direct is happening atleast.

Pokémon wouldn’t come at a Mini-Direct. He could’ve just been hinting at any kind of Direct in general.

Plus we always get some kind of direct in April and May since like the inception of Nintendo Directs.

49. Aeroucn

Aeroucn

Wait what? Where?

50. Farrac

Farrac

I mean, I know that. But people won't think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.