• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a toothless and pathetic response to a major issue and it's pretty disappointing. Not surprised that they're being so conservative on the issue since not making waves is a huge value in Japan, but still very disappointed

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never expected for Nintendo to say anything. They never say anything political on their social media or via press releases

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
Really? Most, if not all, of the responses I've seen in incognito seem to be happy with it.

Also, considering how much Nintendo MASSIVELY sidesteps issues like this, its nice to see some sort of acknowledgement.

Edit: Ignore my first comment, no telling if those are "black gamers", but still seeing lots of support in the replies.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a weak response but I'm not looking to Pokemon for any sort of commentary on this issue. Honestly I would have rather they stay silent. I really don't give a flipping fuck what TPC has to say in regards to BLM.

I'm actually more appalled at the NatDexxers using this as another opportunity to be obnoxious.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't feel like interracial unity is a bad message? I think I'm missing what's so obviously offensive here

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I....have no words at that tweet. Beyond shameful.

Just checked Nintendo of America's pages and they're still just talking about Xenoblade and a Smash tournament. Really disappointing and downright pathetic given Sony and Microsoft's responses.

I don't feel like interracial unity is a bad message? I think I'm missing what's so obviously offensive here

Their response to these protests is a gif of two cartoon characters fist bumping. Do you really not see how low effort and pathetic that is?

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
This would be OK/fine if this went along with an actual statement/stance of support etc. Without it, yeah I agree with OP

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Most, if not all, of the responses I've seen in incognito seem to be happy with it.

Also, considering how much Nintendo MASSIVELY sidesteps issues like this, its nice to see some sort of acknowledgement.

see, I'm seeing the same thing too? Ok, it's not a groundbreaking speech but atleast it's SOMETHING from a conservative company.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Maybe I'm missing something since I don't follow Pokemon at all, but what's the problem here? My first impression is that they are showing love for friendship between races. Is there another context?

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen that Reggie has spoken out support on several issues on Twitter since leaving the company. When he was still employed, I remember him avoiding things like this with empty phrases like "We are about making people happy, leave politics to others". Says it all.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I really don't give a flipping fuck what TPC has to say in regards to BLM.
Pretty much. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if all these brand actually supported protestors and orgs the way Sony seems to want to do, to name one, but it's weird to me that people are demanding more woke performativity from corporations like TPC.

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something since I don't follow Pokemon at all, but what's the problem here? My first impression is that they are showing love for friendship between races. Is there another context?
Black ppl are being murdered in the streets. Fist bumps aren't solving anything. This is as tone deaf as the white & black hands that companies are tweeting out. None of that unity shit is going to stop the police from murdering black people.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Thought Pokemon company wasn't owned by nintendo anymore just a major shareholder.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
You guys should put less value in what corporations say about social issues, you know

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
LMAO. "Hey, here's a very silly gif with not text nor hashtag for you all to guess what we're trying to say". Of course I also expect people who were calling out other companies for not doing even more, to be perfectly fine with this shit. No, the fact that they've been conservative all the time doesn't give them a pass, change is exactly what's needed.

Oct 25, 2017
...I'm not seeing what's so appalling
It's not appalling or even upsetting, it's just so limp relative to other effort of others, laughably so. I had good laugh just now honestly. They at least SAID SOMETHING, this is ... it's like, well you tried ... I guess. Thanks?

I don't get it either, what seems to be the problem.

It's a milquetoast message that's barely relevant to the current issue.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
It's not really saying anything. Like I think saying nothing is better tbh. I'm not appalled or angry, just confused on exactly what the gif has to do with the issue? Lets all be friends? The issue was never about being friends though?¿??

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
So is this twitter account ran in the states or in Japan? If it is ran out of Japan I understand the disconnect a bit. If it is out of the states, it speaks volumes about the people that are hired.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Better or worse than ESPN's response?

Really just typical corporate schlock hoping to show consumers "see, we said something."

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They need to make a statement.
I don't know about that - this would be out of charachters and nothing anyone would take serious, since it would be just a result of outside pressure.

Then again in this social media era we live in people would rather have fake statements of supports instead of focusing on the players that really go the extra mile.

Last couple days I've seen many artist stand go against each other because of who and how they addressed the issue on social media...you can see that people dont even care about the cause and are just looking for stuff to weaponize for their online stan wars,kinda sad.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Pokemon PR team when this tweet was composed
81565874-team-of-executives-giving-high-five-to-each-other-in-the-office.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.