• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I've created a spreadsheet for people to add their Trainer Codes. This will keep the thread from getting cluttered up with codes, while providing a reference for matching in-game usernames to our ResetEra usernames. I've also added a column for putting your general location, because who doesn't want to add Pokemon from other parts of the world to their collection?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Thanks! Added myself to it.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 1 million req is a beast for legendary or shiny. We need to keep sending gifts each day to each other to get to the next friend level for it to be reduced.

Shinzo

Oct 31, 2017
So glad that traiding is in place - Added everyone I could in the past pages.

7577 1160 0242 - London, UK

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Desperately need some friends. In every way... No-one I know really plays anymore :(

Adding you all and please feel free to do the same

6968 4694 3856 - Cardiff, UK. Team Mystic.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
2878 0782 9274

hope this makes me enjoy the game more because i live in the middle of nowhere

So glad that traiding is in place - Added everyone I could in the past pages.

7577 1160 0242 - London, UK

Desperately need some friends. In every way... No-one I know really plays anymore :(

Adding you all and please feel free to do the same

6968 4694 3856 - Cardiff, UK. Team Mystic.

Added you all, in game name is Parm15

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Okay I sent the first 5 people who added me gifts. I'll try to get the rest of you gifts as well. I wish there was a way to see who I have already gifted!

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Sharing this because I'm super frustrated and want to vent somewhere, and my IRL friends would think I'm super weird for venting this to them.

I still need an Absol, I haven't successful managed to do an Absol raid. I've maybe seen like 4 in total, 1 in Boston, where no one went to do him, while I was on Vacation, and 3 times in Utah, my home State. 2 times, I posted in our Cities Slack Channel hoping someone would help, no response, understood, people are busy.

Today I finally saw my third Absol spawn, right by my work. I ask on Slack if someone could please help me, someone responded and I'm so happy!

I go there, meet him, and we try to raid it. See he's a Level 32, easy!

1st attempt, I immediately notice his team isn't designed for this. He's using Aggron, Aggron, Ho-Oh, and we time out before his Ho-Oh faints. I can only imagine the other 3 were more Legendaries. (His Ho-Oh had Psychic by the way, to make it worse.) We fail barely making it turn red in the last 10 seconds. No surprise.

2nd go, I explain to the guy how for Absol, using Aggron and Ho-Oh doesn't help much. The game recommends them because they have a high level of defense, and will survive a long time, but we won't beat the raid together like that. We need to use Pokemon that deal super effective damage to Absol, and explain to him that Bug, Fighting, and Fairy would be great! I then recommend he uses Machamp, if he has any. He has 6! I told him, excellent, those would be great!

We fail, this time doing about the same, Red Health in the last 10 seconds.

I ask if I can see his Machamps, because knew they were base level Raid Catches, but I didn't think that'd be a problem.

Only one of them had a Fighting/Fighting moveset, 3 had Steel/Steel, 2 had Fighting/Steel.

3rd go, I ask if I can select his team for him, and I find he has almost no powered up, fighting move only Pokemon. He has one CP 1,800 Poliwrath, great, useable! The one Machamp, and then 4 low level Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

I didn't make the raid team for him though, because he already had his 5 Raid Parties in use. All named after some Anime Character, all 5 parties only have Legendaries in them.

Dude had 900 Pokemon Storage, and like 100 of that was pure Legionaries. He's caught more Legendaries than I've done Legendary Raids (I've done 38). His only Pokemon above CP 2,000 were Legendaries. Everything else, no matter how good, was just evolved and floating around CP 1,500. Including his Dragonite and Tyranitar.

I just handed him his phone back, and told him to use what he likes.

We failed, again obviously.

At this point, I knew it wasn't happening, and no one else in Slack responded asking if anyone could help, so we both gave up. I told him thanks for coming, he apologized for us failing, and I just told him "It's fine man. It's just a game! We'll do it next time! Have a great day."

I'm not a big fan of Raids, I never do them personally. I've done like 70 raids in total. I've been on the receiving end of being criticized for my playstyle of the game, after we failed a Ho-Oh raid with 5 people, and the raid expired. ("Who's the idiot using Mew? Why are you using Ampharos and Jolteon for this? Dude use your Kyogre's or fucking Golems, you have to have Golems! You're such an idiot. Play the game right, we lost the raid and wasted money because of you. I'm gonna get you kicked from the group!")

Sorry man, I don't have any Legendaries, and I only power up Pokemon I like, so non of my Golems are powered up. Truth be told, I don't even have any Powered up Machamps (I have only 3, 2 raids, one evolved for my dex) to use for Absol, I used a Dolphan, 3 Fighting/Fairy Ursarings, and 2 Hiryamas I caught at level 35. My team took Absol down to yellow with 10 seconds to spare, so I did my half. ( I did a solo-run of Absol after he left to see.) I did 50% of health damage in 180 seconds, the other dude did 25% in 180 seconds.

I would never harass another player, for not playing "right", or not having a great raid team, or not understanding typing advantages and disadvantages, so I was polite and nice. Especially more so because, again, all my teams are more casual and I only use stardust for Pokemon I like, so, Ampharos, Vaporeon, Gardevoir, Espeon, etc.

But sucks to still not have an Absol, and waste 30 minutes of my time failing to get an Absol. Fuck man. :(

Anyways, useless rant over a mobile game made for children, done.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
That sucks I guess you would have a better chance in finding the Absol quest (throw an excellent curve ball) than doing the raids

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
6170 6512 9579 if anyone would like to add me.

Edit: Sent out all the gifts I had, I'll get more here in a bit when I go walking.

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I just reached my daily gifts limit of 20? That's dumb to have a limit.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20 is kinda low. But like I mentioned before, that 20 got me:

I've gained over 100 ultra balls, 40 max revives, 50+ max revives, who knows how many reg revives and hyper potions and over 100 pinap berries

I can easily see why it's limited. Just makes it hard now to clear out them all.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of Raids, I never do them personally. I've done like 70 raids in total. I've been on the receiving end of being criticized for my playstyle of the game, after we failed a Ho-Oh raid with 5 people, and the raid expired. ("Who's the idiot using Mew? Why are you using Ampharos and Jolteon for this? Dude use your Kyogre's or fucking Golems, you have to have Golems! You're such an idiot. Play the game right, we lost the raid and wasted money because of you. I'm gonna get you kicked from the group!")

Sorry man, I don't have any Legendaries, and I only power up Pokemon I like, so non of my Golems are powered up. Truth be told, I don't even have any Powered up Machamps (I have only 3, 2 raids, one evolved for my dex) to use for Absol, I used a Dolphan, 3 Fighting/Fairy Ursarings, and 2 Hiryamas I caught at level 35. My team took Absol down to yellow with 10 seconds to spare, so I did my half. ( I did a solo-run of Absol after he left to see.) I did 50% of health damage in 180 seconds, the other dude did 25% in 180 seconds.
I'm sorry, but you're being kind of a hypocrite here complaining about someone being unprepared for a small party raid, then in the next breath complaining about being complained about when you are guilty of the exact same thing. If you're going to participate, either build up the counters you have regardless of whether you like them or not, or only join raid groups large enough that it doesn't matter that you aren't contributing significant damage. Or just don't raid at all - no one would complain about your play style if you aren't affecting others.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I've created a spreadsheet for people to add their Trainer Codes. This will keep the thread from getting cluttered up with codes, while providing a reference for matching in-game usernames to our ResetEra usernames. I've also added a column for putting your general location, because who doesn't want to add Pokemon from other parts of the world to their collection?

Hidden content

Updating it with my info, thanks for the work put in.

And yea, I'm liking this system but being unable to see who I've sent things to when I'm up to 35 friends in a day is going to make it impossible to feel like I'm being fair to those who sent me anything.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only level 8 but here's my friend code if someone wants to add, EU

Hidden content
Reply to this msg to see it at the same time so I have at least some clue whom are adding me, all tips are appreciated too!
Cheers.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I'm sorry, but you're being kind of a hypocrite here complaining about someone being unprepared for a small party raid, then in the next breath complaining about being complained about when you are guilty of the exact same thing. If you're going to participate, either build up the counters you have regardless of whether you like them or not, or only join raid groups large enough that it doesn't matter that you aren't contributing significant damage. Or just don't raid at all - no one would complain about your play style if you aren't affecting others.
Hmm, I would say it's slightly different, because, my biggest complaint was the lack of knowledge of how typing plays into battling and raiding.

My Pokemon don't deal the BEST DPS in Raids, but I'm still using Pokemon that deal Super Effective damage, and gear all my teams toward type advantages when raiding.

Ho-Oh, I used my Mew because my Mew has Volt Switch and Rock Slide, which deal 2x and 4x damage to Ho-Oh. My Ampahros, Jolteon, Vaporeon, etc dealt 2x damage.

But I understand, and that's partly why I don't raid. I'm not a fan of only powering up meta relevant Pokemon, to raid. and I just don't find Raids fun. I very rarely ever actively use the channel to attend raids. Basically it's only when my friends text me and say they need a few more people and ask for help.

I missed catching Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Suicuine, Entei, Raikou, Groundon, Rayquaza, because I just didn't care enough to go do a raid.

Funny enough, the only Legendary I actually like and wanted to Raid to catch a lot so I can power them up, was Latias.

I only managed to do 3 Latias raid, because everyone would rather do Ho-Oh. ;-;, and I whiffed all 3 of them. Can't wait for Latias to come back as a Shiny. I want my Golden Buddy.

SpeedyBlueDude - I'm not sure whereabouts you're located but I have a spare Absol I can trade you if its possible :)

I appreciate the offer, but I'll definitely find someone local, if worst comes to worst! Still just hoping to run into a "Throw an Excellent Curve Ball" encounter field quest!

huuep

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to everyone for friending and sending gifts. Currently stuck in Africa without a single Pokestop in the entire city, but will send lots of gifts next week once we return to the states!

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
So becoming Great Friends gives you 10,000 XP and Ultra Friends gives you 50,000 XP... Whoa I am going to quickly soar through level 36. Keep sending gifts y'all I'll continue to do the same

Koality

Feb 22, 2018

Hidden content

Sick dude, added myself to this :)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So becoming Great Friends gives you 10,000 XP and Ultra Friends gives you 50,000 XP... Whoa I am going to quickly soar through level 36. Keep sending gifts y'all I'll continue to do the same

Really? That's awesome!!! I go through a lot of pokestops every day so I'm constantly getting gifts for my entire list .

Koality

Feb 22, 2018

Awesome

My partner and I are heading out for a walk in a few hours to get lunch and stockpile some gifts.

Will be sending out to my list!!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017

Awesome idea. Added! I've also added everyone on the list as well :)

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
DgXMcUdVQAERMRA
DgXMcUdUwAAaLRO

I literally only want Vulpix. What the heck is this RNG. O-O

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
There has got to be better friend list management. Friends are sorted by friendship level and only the first ten friends are shown, meaning someone you just added will be at the bottom of the list. You'll have to scroll down and wait until the game loads the next 10 friends over and over again.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, if someone is looking for more friends (we sure are), here are our codes for my wife and I:

5029 2772 0991

6242 2028 4699

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the adds, I sent most of you guys a gift. I'm going back out shortly so illI top up on them and try to get to the few I missed!

And of course, thank you for the gifts sent my way

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Now I have 9 gifts to open (thanks guys) but I'm unlikely to to hatch many eggs today.

Have to stop worrying about Alolan eggs.

Neko_No_Naku

Jan 9, 2018
4825 5180 4683

I don't know anybody that plays Go :( From Edinburgh, Scotland.

Edit: I've added some of you from this page, the name's CharlesVFeline, team blue!

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
4825 5180 4683

I don't know anybody that plays Go :( From Edinburgh, Scotland.

Edit: I've added some of you from this page, the name's CharlesVFeline, team blue!

Cheers, enjoy your gift, all the way from sunny Middlesbrough lol

I'm a bit more hungover than I thought and it's a bit warmer than I anticipated so back home now haha. The RNG GPS god had decided I can hit the Pokestop near my house for now so I at least I can stop up on some berries etc. for when I go back out later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.