• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I was unsure - i had saved a pass for the last day but lost count of how many free and how many regular passes I used - the general consensus on Reddit seems to be that if you saved Fridays pass then you got to do 6 'free' raids on Articuno day and I'd expect the same for Zapdos

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe

I did, thank you!

In fact, since I was so excited about my first Mewtwo raid, I made a point to document it on video xD

(I don't think this breaks the forum's self-promotion rules, this is just where I dump my gameplay videos. I don't monetise it, and no one watches it anyways :P)

Super happy about finally getting one, but I think my disappointment about the IVs is evident, ahah! (I'm still feeding it my Rare Candies, though)

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Registeel, which means I never have to do it again (until shiny). Yay!

I'll focus on other interesting raids instead.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else have massive trouble catching 10 ghost types for the Mew quest? Ive caught everyone I've seen and only got 6 so far, in about a month. Did a Marowak raid today so sitting on 7 but ghost types just seem to never spawn for me.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When are you checking? Before 9 am is when they are out pretty regularly to be honest. Best to also check big cluster spawns, like around Wal-Marts, shopping malls, shopping centers.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Did anyone else have massive trouble catching 10 ghost types for the Mew quest? Ive caught everyone I've seen and only got 6 so far, in about a month. Did a Marowak raid today so sitting on 7 but ghost types just seem to never spawn for me.

I get at least 2 "Throw a nice curve ball throw" a day. Those give you a guaranteed Gastly catch, so I'd use those.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get at least 2 "Throw a nice curve ball throw" a day. Those give you a guaranteed Gastly catch, so I'd use those.

The other 6 catches were from those challenges. 6 in a month, and I'm hitting every pole stop in my town each day.

Also before 9am, is that local time? I'm in the U.K. and last night I walked around town from 11pm to 1am and not a single ghost spawned.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I did, thank you!

Super happy about finally getting one, but I think my disappointment about the IVs is evident, ahah! (I'm still feeding it my Rare Candies, though)

Congrats !

Numbers wise its probably around a 78 but it doesn't matter you've got one !

Two things to mention on your video

1) Did you really mean to give him a pinap to start with (you almost did it twice)
2) When you have set the catch circle and he jumps out you do not need to reset it - it will stay at the exact same size so if your going for Great throws - get a great and he jumps out just wait for him to attack again and the circle will stay at the same point

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've kinda found that ghosts are more out in early morning then late at night for me.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Congrats !

Numbers wise its probably around a 78 but it doesn't matter you've got one !

Two things to mention on your video

1) Did you really mean to give him a pinap to start with (you almost did it twice)
2) When you have set the catch circle and he jumps out you do not need to reset it - it will stay at the exact same size so if your going for Great throws - get a great and he jumps out just wait for him to attack again and the circle will stay at the same point

Yes, it is a 78, according to Calcy :)

1) No I didn't, ahah! What happened is that I got rid of my Nanab Berries before the raid, but failed to notice that my Go Plus picked one up from the gym just before starting the raid. Therefore, I though my Golden Razz Berries were the third from the right, instead of my Pinaps. I was a bit nervous so it's normal that I missed some things (see also: my first throw!).
2) Did not know this. Thank you for the tip, that's awesome! :D

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got 24 gyms walking during the Articuno day, hoping to at least match that tomorrow. Less motivation because no double XP but I'll probably still go hard just for the hell of it to try to get a shiny because I missed the articuno one.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
argh they need to do something about end of day raiding already.

finally free at 6:30, have 2 daily raid passes to use and can't find a goddamn raid. scoped out 20 gyms and nothing. raids still stop at 7:30 when it's daylight 'til 9. it's the thing i miss most about losing the scanners. it becomes a crapshoot against time. i have some free time to play, i want to play, but i'm caught by bad timing and limited info.

they really need to expand the raid radar in game already

robox

Nov 10, 2017
rant #2

i'm watching my gym to make sure my mons make it to midnight and can bank some coins. it was already under attack earlier. so 15 minutes to, motivation drops, so i'm expecting a sustained attack. but it hangs on with no changes for 10 minutes. ok, so let's check how my other gym is doing. nothing; good. go back to watched gym. i can't access it anymore.... go to news: it returned 5 minutes ago!?

what the fuck. all that effort for nothing! how can it not update?? what's the point of this feature if it's so broken? why is this game so goddamn buggy??

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
rant #2

i'm watching my gym to make sure my mons make it to midnight and can bank some coins. it was already under attack earlier. so 15 minutes to, motivation drops, so i'm expecting a sustained attack. but it hangs on with no changes for 10 minutes. ok, so let's check how my other gym is doing. nothing; good. go back to watched gym. i can't access it anymore.... go to news: it returned 5 minutes ago!?

what the fuck. all that effort for nothing! how can it not update?? what's the point of this feature if it's so broken? why is this game so goddamn buggy??
I dunno, but there's someone who regularly goes and knocks gyms down at like 11:30PM around here. One of these days I'll stop being lazy and actually go find out who they are

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
I caught 1 shiny only disappointment is that it just is the same as the regular Zapdos due to the mess up.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Man, Reddit's reaction to Zapdos getting an exclusive move for Raid Day today is super confusing to me.

Why even care if your old maxed out Zapdos is like 10% worse than new Zapdos's. The amount of times it would ever be relevant or noticeable in game is basically 0.

People's fear of missing out is so weird. Got a friend who refuses to Evolve his Beldum cause he's saving it for Community Day. Why wait a year to for it... just catch and power up another one... not like Stardust is a finite resource.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I am deeply over this weather system as it has cost me two raids this week. The other day I beat a Machamp easily, only to find another and not realize the system had switched over to "Cloudy" because no change had occurred locally. Likewise, today I found an Alolan Raichu only to find I could only get it to the 95% or so mark due to the in-game weather being "Rainy" while the sun was out.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am deeply over this weather system as it has cost me two raids this week. The other day I beat a Machamp easily, only to find another and not realize the system had switched over to "Cloudy" because no change had occurred locally. Likewise, today I found an Alolan Raichu only to find I could only get it to the 95% or so mark due to the in-game weather being "Rainy" while the sun was out.

You can report weather accuracy now, click on the weather icon and click on the "i" on the upper right hand corner.

Machamp could have just been a harder moveset. Use Gardevoir and anchor with a powered up Lugia, if you have one, and you should never lose to Machamp again.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Got a shiny Zappy with perfect attack. Can't complain.

Why even care if your old maxed out Zapdos is like 10% worse than new Zapdos's. The amount of times it would ever be relevant or noticeable in game is basically 0.
You'd be surprised how often it happens when you can't quite kill a full CP Gyarados in time before you eat a Hydro Pump. Granted, my Zapdos has nearly 10k battles won and I use it as a water type killer.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Got my first ultra friend today, this 50k XP is going to be nice once more start hitting. Also it's absolutely pouring here today so I'm going to try and find a group to drive to a few gyms because walking around is out of the question.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shiny Zapdos so uninteresting, that I might skip out today lol. Also have slight plans that might overwrap early on too.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
You can report weather accuracy now, click on the weather icon and click on the "i" on the upper right hand corner.

Machamp could have just been a harder moveset. Use Gardevoir and anchor with a powered up Lugia, if you have one, and you should never lose to Machamp again.

Yea, I have neither of those (Kirilia and gardevoir are literally my last non-legendary, non-regional needs outside of unown).

I've been working on getting a fair stable to tackle tier-3s solo since I rarely can do raids, and certainly never with a group. I sometimes have my girlfriend or her phone with me, in which case those are trivial, even with her having almost nothing of note.

It's just a game that doesn't really benefit from being in the car-heavy region I'm in. A lot of the usual tips and tricks seem to be for players who can walk anywhere or otherwise have lifestyles that suit it. It was a lot easier to advance in things when I was working on a college campus as a grad student.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Got my first ultra friend today, this 50k XP is going to be nice once more start hitting. Also it's absolutely pouring here today so I'm going to try and find a group to drive to a few gyms because walking around is out of the question.
Raining here too. At the mall hoping Zapos comes out. Would be wicked if i could catch it boosted.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Used all my free passes but it was absolute chaos. I went to a meet up near a bunch of gyms but instead of coordinating in the group there ended being smaller splinter groups that formed and used private lobbies. Had to work with like 3 smaller groups to get enough people to get my 5 free raids done. Ended up with a shiny but I could honestly care less about the Zapdos, would much rather have had a Kyogre.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
21 raids done.

6 shinies, releases the rest.

Happy about it. Caught a 96% Shiny, night power it up. Don't really want to though, rather use my Ampharos's for raids.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend and I both went 6/8 on Zapdos, no shiny. A friend came with us and pulled 3 shiny Zapdos. Damned RNG.

At least one of mine was a 93...

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Did about 22 raids. Didn't get a shiny until the 14th one. Then at the very end as the hour passed and went in with like 30 seconds left I got a second shiny and it was boosted.

Rate definitely seemed higher than Articuno. Seems most everyone got one that I saw today. I know one that got 6 in a row.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
18 raids, 13 Zapdos caught , 0 shiny.

Great day. Powering up one Zapdos as high as possible with all these candies! Got lots of TM machines too which I wanted.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Used all my free passes but it was absolute chaos. I went to a meet up near a bunch of gyms but instead of coordinating in the group there ended being smaller splinter groups that formed and used private lobbies. Had to work with like 3 smaller groups to get enough people to get my 5 free raids done. Ended up with a shiny but I could honestly care less about the Zapdos, would much rather have had a Kyogre.
I care a lot about Zapdos too ;)

Also people here managed to duo under partly cloudy weather. Not me though haha

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Just burnt all of my stardust powering up a Zapdos, that's two days with star pieces, I just cannot get enough of it.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Went to do six Zapdos without the expectation of a shiny. Planned to use my premium passes on Moltres, because it's a much better looking shiny.

Got a shiny weather boosted Zapdos with 2340 CP on my fourth raid! The other highlight was a regular weather boosted one with 2358 CP (14/14/14).

Obviously don't mind the shiny Zapdos, but it is practically indistinguishable from the regular one. It's cool that I at least get my team's bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.