• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Our group picture ended up on the Pokémon GO site :)

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/
DkldvglXoAEmqPG.jpg

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I like Chikorita so I'm happy with that. Hopefully Cyndaquil CD isn't too far off.

Did a load of trades last night, phone got mega hot and had some high level battery drain. Sucks.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
If they keep the same order then the one after Chikorita will be something else (possibly Ralts which was what everyone expected instead of Eevee) and the next one (November) would be Cyndaquil with another odd one in December and then Totodile in January

I'm hoping for Gastly in Oct. It would fit with the season and giving people a chance to get a Shadow Claw Gengar would be awesome. I've got a few good Gastlys saved up just in case it happens.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
on my second day of community day I had a lot better time. I'm in KC so my girlfriend and I have been going to the "go to" area for pokemon go where there's a ton of stops. on the second day we went to a local community college and there were far less crowds, more shade, and I was still able to get a raid done w/ the few folks that showed up there. got all the eevees I wanted which was good. probably just do that from now on for community days.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Making so much progress on my dex. Hatched a chansey today. After I walk squirtel to 100 candies to get to the 3rd evolution I'll work on blissey.

Fucking magikarp evolution research though. After walking probably 40 miles I'm only at 167 candies.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Making so much progress on my dex. Hatched a chansey today. After I walk squirtel to 100 candies to get to the 3rd evolution I'll work on blissey.

Fucking magikarp evolution research though. After walking probably 40 miles I'm only at 167 candies.

if you have extra ones, trade them away right now during the candy bonus. if you do a distance trade you get 6 magikarp candy per trade

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Damn I transfer after catching.

On the bright side I'm exercising...a lot. I don't even try to catch other pokemon that I have unless it's like sub 100 CP. Want to make sure I stock up on pineapples and super/ultra balls.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I transfer after catching.

On the bright side I'm exercising...a lot. I don't even try to catch other pokemon that I have unless it's like sub 100 CP. Want to make sure I stock up on pineapples and super/ultra balls.

How is your friend's list? Opening gifts will keep you well stocked on ultra balls and pinaps.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
start friending people on our list in the OP, I'm sure more than a few will bite. Half my friends are people I don't even know, from what I assume is here(only one I pay attention to from here is Falchion, because I like getting things from VA Beach).

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I have 0 friends lol.

Yeah I've added everyone on the list from this thread so feel free to add me.

start friending people on our list in the OP, I'm sure more than a few will bite. Half my friends are people I don't even know, from what I assume is here(only one I pay attention to from here is Falchion, because I like getting things from VA Beach).

The next time I go over to Norfolk I'll have to remember to send you some from the downtown stops.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
yeah sorry if I don't open or always send a gift. I have a lot of friends and have strong focus on LA people giving me good stuff for Relicanths right now

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've added quite a lot of folks here on resetera myself, but also have a lot of friends I added irl. I try to open all the gifts I can that say 2+days, but even then I feel like I'm constantly missing certain people .

GuiltyGraveG is my trainer name. Speaking of which, whoever is WhiteRabbitEXE around here open your gift from me so we can be Ultra friends! I've been saving an egg just for you and I check your status everytime I open the game incase you do lol

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've added everyone on the list. I pretty much send everyone a gift every day if I'm able to and open all gifts unless I've hit the limit. Then I make sure to open last days gifts first.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Regirock raids will only last 2 weeks as there seems to be no interest to do the Regi's

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still pretty good at keeping up with the gifts.

Even though I don't need the XP and I'll never meet you guys, it's worth it for the berries, stardust, and revives.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
So, with the new Special Research, does that mean those of us still trying to get Mew are out of luck? Or, rather, does the new research just sort of exist alongside the old?

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I have 1 Registeel. I'll likely have 1 Regirock. I have so little interest in doing these. I'm currently going after shiny Pokemon raids

I have 2 registeel and will do one or two regirock my passes for the last month have been going on tyranitar and machamp
To compare I did 30 to 40 of the other gen 3 legendaries

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the stacked quest research encounter limit got put in place this morning, far earlier than any deadline given for it. I hope those of you with phat stacks cleared out your stacks already.

Ditters

Nov 2, 2017
I recently started playing again after a long break. I'm liking all the changes. Add me if you want gifts. 9167 2897 6479

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I added like 10 of you to my friends list and added myself to the spreadsheet.

And holy shit you get lots of exp and dust from this. The game flows so much better without needing to grind on pokestop clusters.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Got mine. Don't know if I'll collect many of them though. Kinda just a Dex entry sorta mon.

39391983_10157692900193989_1584745152998539264_o.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
How meta relevant is Regirock? Is he just as useless as the other 2 Regi's?
The Regis are all defense-oriented, so yeah, they're useless in Go. Both forms of Golem are superior to Regirock and far easier to obtain and power up, and if you have legacy Omastar or (the reigning rock champ by a huge margin) Smackdown Tyranitar it's even more useless. Hell, even Lunatone and Solrock are superior.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I added myself to the spreadsheet and added a bunch of you. Feel free to add me as well.

Also, caught two Regirocks today!

So I'll cross that off I guess.

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
So lets brainstorm what the researches for Celebi will be...probably "catch 3 Unknowns" and then youll grind that for years, as I never saw one...

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think they'd do "evolve a wailmer," but they just added it as a raid...

Maybe "evolve x pokemon that uses x item" like scyther, onix, porygon, sunkern, etc.

It SHOULD be something like "still have 20 sunglasses Pikachu" and then everyone would immediately ragequit lol

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't think they'd do "evolve a wailmer," but they just added it as a raid...

Maybe "evolve x pokemon that uses x item" like scyther, onix, porygon, sunkern, etc.

It SHOULD be something like "still have 20 sunglasses Pikachu" and then everyone would immediately ragequit lol

man so i would have to keep those evolution items again, currently im throwing all of them away

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
The Regis are all defense-oriented, so yeah, they're useless in Go. Both forms of Golem are superior to Regirock and far easier to obtain and power up, and if you have legacy Omastar or (the reigning rock champ by a huge margin) Smackdown Tyranitar it's even more useless. Hell, even Lunatone and Solrock are superior.
That's disappointing, thanks.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I think they will want to have something to 'stall' people a little - Mew was caught after a really short period of time

Given this will be focused around Gen 2 I would think Unown is probably a good stalling point for it - perhaps have it as a raid boss and you need to collect X amount of them , or have it as a reward for a pokestop quest and then you need to find and complete that one.

I would also not be surprised to find that the evolution items play a part in some way as that was a big thing for Gen 2

If they want to be cruel they could also center it around the babies and make you get X number of them which would put you into the RNG churn

Status
Not open for further replies.