• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Had a hilarious experience at Yoyogi Park just now. Me and my bf were hanging around next to some arena place because a Mewtwo raid was about to start. There was no one about and the arena was gated and closed so you had to dangle over the railings to enter the gym (and raid). There were only two of us so we were gonna give up trying the raid and then suddenly out of nowhere about 100 people descended into the area donning Meowth caps. Everyone was scrambling over the railings to try and get their GPS to enter the proximity. Everyone was rotating to allow people into the raid zone, it was very comical.

I caught Mewtwo on my first catch this time! I have three now. I figured out you don't even need to try a curve ball to catch him. Just throw the ball and you have a fair chance.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I caught Mewtwo on my first catch this time! I have three now. I figured out you don't even need to try a curve ball to catch him. Just throw the ball and you have a fair chance.

You can catch anything with a ball thrown that hits them (or sometimes even just bounces close) however the odds of a catch go up with :
Throw bonus (nice/great/excellent)
Berry bonus (pinap/nanab/rasp/goldenpinap/goldenrasp)
(ball type for non legendary)
Badges for the type of thing your catching (dragon / psychic / etc)
Curveball

There are some pages somewhere with graphs on how much the catch chance goes up - but it is still just a chance and you can throw multiple perfect throws with a golden and not catch it or you can throw a ball that bounces somewhere nearby and no berry and catch it

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Catching Mewtwo or any legendary is basically a lottery (or just simple mathematics/RNG/whatever). You can make 10 excellent throws with a golden razzberry in a row and not catch it and you can make just one really bad straight throw and catch it. Fact is you are going to increase your chance of catching it when you make great/excellent curve balls rather than just throwing straight.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
GPS drift has stopped at my work.

Stuck with 8 or 9 10km eggs most of the time. Tragedy.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my EX Raid pass but there's nothing lamer than it being for a weekday... not a chance in hell I can attend.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Had a hilarious experience at Yoyogi Park just now. Me and my bf were hanging around next to some arena place because a Mewtwo raid was about to start. There was no one about and the arena was gated and closed so you had to dangle over the railings to enter the gym (and raid). There were only two of us so we were gonna give up trying the raid and then suddenly out of nowhere about 100 people descended into the area donning Meowth caps. Everyone was scrambling over the railings to try and get their GPS to enter the proximity. Everyone was rotating to allow people into the raid zone, it was very comical.
yall need to bring an extra phone and youtube these hoards lol

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
No popup but got an EX raid invite as well. Thanks for the heads up, might not have seen it otherwise. The location/time lines up with my lunch break perfectly.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Niantic reverted their EX system, eggs and active raids will once again block EX invites and EX invites will block the gym from having regular raids.

And of course no EX invite for me since my raided EX gyms had eggs. I had my first one cancelled 40 minutes before the raid.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yo dawg, I have heard you like events? Here have another mini-event during an event during water month.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
There are really pulling out all the stops to keep people playing this game now that so many have come back to it.

Anyway, Last night was a pretty good Pokemon night. I happen to drive in proximity to the other EX gym in town, and Mewtwo was gonna hatch in 9 minutes. I easily got a parking spot as the location was in a strip mall. Also, the gym on the other side of the parking lot had another Mewtwo hatching 8 minutes after this one. With 3 minutes left, the parking lot started getting SUPER crowded with cars. Double parking, and cars not moving. I happen to catch my highest IV'd Mewtwo yet at 93%. (Focus Blast, though...)

Traffic started to disperse and move over to the other side of the parking lot. But, the gym was just far enough away, that no one could stay in their car and do the raid. So, the crowd of people started to grow, little by little. Overall, maybe 50 people were there. Unlike the McDonalds raids, which had a lot of people of all ages, this was a lot of parents and businessmen just getting off from work. (It was around 7pm.) In fact, several of them recognized me as their kid's teacher. "Wahhh, you play this game, too?" As if all teachers are anti-gamers.

If I'm able to do it this weekend, I really want to do a timelapse video of the crowds that show up for a Mewtwo raid, and then immediately disperse. It's an amazing phenomenon for anyone who doesn't know anything about Pokemon Go.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Hrmmm.... What if to evolve Eevee in Leafeon and Glaceon, you needed to be above or below a certain latitude on earth? Or, perhaps easier, Eevee only evolves into Leafeon in summer, Glaceon in winter? Or perhaps sunny days vs. snowy days?

What are your theories?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Hrmmm.... What if to evolve Eevee in Leafeon and Glaceon, you needed to be above or below a certain latitude on earth? Or, perhaps easier, Eevee only evolves into Leafeon in summer, Glaceon in winter? Or perhaps sunny days vs. snowy days?

What are your theories?
With the new nest updates, there will most certainly be mini biomes for grass and ice which you'll have to be in when you evolve an Eevee.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
They only chose 2 gyms for EX raids in a city that regularly has 5-10 EX gyms. Pretty annoying to not get a pass, especially after being screwed over last round by the glitches. Hopefully they run normal form Deoxys for a while with how many issues there's been.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
For real.

I'm having to tap on everything just to check for a shiny at the moment.

Pikachu, Drowzee, Luvdisc, all the Nidos, Wobbuffet, Snubbull.

Can wild Wobbuffet be shiny? I know they changed the rules with wild shiny evolutions for the Nidos, but previously wild Wobbuffet couldn't be.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently more shiny evolutions are being found. This really excited me.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are really pulling out all the stops to keep people playing this game now that so many have come back to it.

Anyway, Last night was a pretty good Pokemon night. I happen to drive in proximity to the other EX gym in town, and Mewtwo was gonna hatch in 9 minutes. I easily got a parking spot as the location was in a strip mall. Also, the gym on the other side of the parking lot had another Mewtwo hatching 8 minutes after this one. With 3 minutes left, the parking lot started getting SUPER crowded with cars. Double parking, and cars not moving. I happen to catch my highest IV'd Mewtwo yet at 93%. (Focus Blast, though...)

Traffic started to disperse and move over to the other side of the parking lot. But, the gym was just far enough away, that no one could stay in their car and do the raid. So, the crowd of people started to grow, little by little. Overall, maybe 50 people were there. Unlike the McDonalds raids, which had a lot of people of all ages, this was a lot of parents and businessmen just getting off from work. (It was around 7pm.) In fact, several of them recognized me as their kid's teacher. "Wahhh, you play this game, too?" As if all teachers are anti-gamers.

If I'm able to do it this weekend, I really want to do a timelapse video of the crowds that show up for a Mewtwo raid, and then immediately disperse. It's an amazing phenomenon for anyone who doesn't know anything about Pokemon Go.
One of the teachers where I went to high school in NJ plays, ran into him during a Raid lol it was cool.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Alright. I made a very simple leaderboard. You can add your credentials on the second sheet. If I did it right (lol) it should update and rank automatically. If you have any questions let me know. The colouring scheme is a placeholder if you want to know lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cv0HvjdIefr9gtJwX58vWmHw9rEKws4pPiECM3aXH6Q/edit?usp=sharing

Added - any reason you've skipped some of the badges - and any easy way to get total number of gyms / golds other than just counting them

* Edit* - just found if you go to the map on gyms it will give you a number

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Added - any reason you've skipped some of the badges - and any easy way to get total number of gyms / golds other than just counting them

* Edit* - just found if you go to the map on gyms it will give you a number
Not particularly. I wasn't sure whether people would think it'd be too much trouble to fill in so many categories and whether people would be interested to know how many small Ratattas and big Magikarps you caught haha. I can always add more later.

Yeah, you can see your badges on the map. If they're too spaced you just add them together.

Edit: also apparently you didn't add your total XP ;)

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, scored myself a 96% lvl 33 male Ralts yesterday. I'm ready for that Gen 4 evolution.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Alright. I made a very simple leaderboard. You can add your credentials on the second sheet. If I did it right (lol) it should update and rank automatically. If you have any questions let me know. The colouring scheme is a placeholder if you want to know lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cv0HvjdIefr9gtJwX58vWmHw9rEKws4pPiECM3aXH6Q/edit?usp=sharing

Nice! Thanks, Firemind.

I don't mind entering all the badges. I want to flex on people with my 446 big Magikarp caught. ;)

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Not particularly. I wasn't sure whether people would think it'd be too much trouble to fill in so many categories and whether people would be interested to know how many small Ratattas and big Magikarps you caught haha. I can always add more later.

Yeah, you can see your badges on the map. If they're too spaced you just add them together.

Edit: also apparently you didn't add your total XP ;)

Added my XP total - and actually i was thinking more for stuff like berry or hours defending gyms (which are things I think I'll be higher on than others)

It reminds me a little of the excel sheet on here :
https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/...-40-club-secret-club-worlds-hardcore-players/

Which i score badly in some areas for but higher in others

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

Think there might be a bug in the total XP column, it's showing me with the same as Gutshot but the total XP sheet is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.