• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Some big news about the game seems to be coming early next month. Keep an eye out :P

I'm sure i will have some like that as well - the system is quite difficult to manage in its current state - i think they planned it for '5-10' friends , but then put a limit of 200 - there are people in our group who have 200 friends but because of the stability problems (and that the list defaults to alphabetical order) I never get or send a gift from them because i'm at the bottom :-)

The egg handling does also get confusing - at the start everyone wanted an egg because they were special so would avoid opening a gift until they had an egg space ready to go (so no-one opened gifts)
Then everyone got overloaded with the same 4 or 5 things and so wanted to avoid opening a gift when they had an egg space
Then they added in the regionals and everyone wanted gift eggs again
Then they removed them and no-one wanted gift eggs
Now they have added in some of the older babies and some people want the eggs and some dont :-)
The whole egg thing is so confusing that I honestly don't bother too much with it. I just incubate them as they come, hahaha. But I do get why people would worry about the minutiae of the system.

And since I have a pretty short friends list still, I don't get the stability problems. It's really shitty to hear that they exist. I guess Niantic needs to revamp the way it is displayed before people can fully enjoy it.

Added you. I open gifts when I have a full egg stack but that's pretty often.
Thank you!

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I should really do a better job adding local people as friends.

Especially when we're just standing around in the rain waiting for others.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 8 cancelled, GF moves entire development team over to Go/Let's Go series

Seriously though, what potential features are left at this point, PvP? Compared to launch gym rework, raids, quests, friend lists and gifts, trading, radar rework, all the features are already in the game. We've recently gotten another CP rebalance and gen IV is gradually being released. Unless it's supposed to be large-scale Gen IV release at last, but I wouldn't qualify it as that big a news at this point.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Gen 8 cancelled, GF moves entire development team over to Go/Let's Go series

Seriously though, what potential features are left at this point, PvP? Compared to launch gym rework, raids, quests, friend lists and gifts, trading, radar rework, all the features are already in the game. We've recently gotten another CP rebalance and gen IV is gradually being released. Unless it's supposed to be large-scale Gen IV release at last, but I wouldn't qualify it as that big a news at this point.

There's a lot of features to add. Most of the features we've gotten this year have been surprising besides Gen 4 and trading. They also say they want to aim for one big new feature a quarter, so a big new feature coming in December or early 2019 would make sense.

Also, you joke, but I don't think Gen 8 being a simultaneous launch across core games and Go is out of the question.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Caught my first shiny Eevee outside of Community Day.

Not much luck with any other shinies at the moment.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
They said PVP is coming this year. I don't really believe it but who knows.

My big question with PVP is just how does it work? The game's battle system isn't fun, it's the rewards that make it good. If it's just "do x battles a day, those battles are just like the current raid and gym battles, do them and get a reward", that'd be kinda lame and disappointing. They could heavily rework the battle system, but that also comes with a downside-how do you do that without devaluing the Pokemon we currently have? The meta would largely change, and some Pokemon with exclusive moves could become much less valuable (or much more valuable).

It's gonna be really interesting to see how the hell they do it. What makes me less certain it'll come soon is that there doesn't seem to be anything in the code that points to some upcoming battle system revamp, and I don't think any PvP implementation that doesn't revamp battling is gonna be fun.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The best way I think would be to implement another more traditional battle system specifically for PvP that can coexist with the current raiding system. The problem is how would you add extra moves and stats that currently don't exist on a given Pokemon? Maybe you can unlock all of their moves and you can choose two of them for raiding purposes and four for PvP? That would also solve having to power up different, say, Tyranitars with double Dark and double Rock moves without wasting TMs.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I finished the Meltan special quest line earlier today :)

Now I'm gonna spend the weekend playing Let's Go!

Deleted member 26535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So my fiancé stoped to complain that I was playing too much and she downloaded the game again.

I do not need an - lame - excuse to go to the next event anymore. (Too bad that she is in the blue team, not the superior red one).

Now... how am I supposed to evolve a Scyther when I do not find them?!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018
I only started using my Pokeball Plus on Monday and it has already caught a shiny Drowzee and Magnemite for me.

I've been pressing the top button every time it vibrates but will it still spin Pokestops and catch Pokemon even if I don't press the button?

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So my fiancé stoped to complain that I was playing too much and she downloaded the game again.

I do not need an - lame - excuse to go to the next event anymore. (Too bad that she is in the blue team, not the superior red one).

Now... how am I supposed to evolve a Scyther when I do not find them?!

My wife has slowly started to play on my sister's abandoned account. It's been much easier to convince her to go to Community Days :D

Also, you may want to look out for the "Let's Go: Evolve 2 Anorith" research tasks - the reward is Scyther. They are also in raids at the moment and one of the easier tier 3 solos, especially if you have Smack Down/Stone Edge Tyranitar from Community Day.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I only started using my Pokeball Plus on Monday and it has already caught a shiny Drowzee and Magnemite for me.

I've been pressing the top button every time it vibrates but will it still spin Pokestops and catch Pokemon even if I don't press the button?
It will spin pokestops automatically provided you have a Pokemon from Let's Go stored in the ball. You will always need to press the button to catch a pokemon

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Finally got a shiny Caterpie today, so happy. Though I have burned through all but one of my Pidgey doing these tasks!

No other shinies caught during the event - I've lost count of the number of Magnemite I've checked. Still got the weekend though :D

Shiny hunting is an overpowering obsession for me.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This Poké Ball Plus thing is the best investment I've made all year. Holy crap :P

Just went for a walk (with my Mew) and ended up going all the way to some places I was planning to drive to because it's so fun to catch Pokémon without needing to have your phone out.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Is this really true? I found myself pressing the button to get items from Pokéstops as well, even though I had Mew in there.
Yep, it vibrates and flashes blue twice, but then flashes rainbow and spins the stop automatically. It won't do this if there isn't a Pokemon in the ball.

I'm loving the pokeball too. I'm catching so many Pokemon while I'm at work, it's crazy. I've had the pokeball since Tuesday evening and I've levelled up super quick and gotten a ton of stardust.

Weirdly my GPS goes crazy while I'm at work and I gain around 10k+ steps just sat there working. It never did this before I connected to the pokeball but I certainly am not complaining

There is a useful reddit guide on things you can do with the pokeball

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Only one more kabuto/omanyte to catch and the Meltan quest is finally done. It was pretty involved but nothing too grindy outside of the 10 raids.

All the coins I earn from now on will go towards storage for the community day. Events like that make me fully invested in the game again.

Now that I've discovered discord for raids I'm bummed out I dropped the game for a good while and missed most of the legendaries. The only ones I have are Mewtwo/Moltres/Suicine and now the gen 4 ones. I hope the others get added into the mix again at some point.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 10 raids finished, was hoping to quickly power through the next phase but finding a Cubone was a bit harder than expected. New try tomorrow.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Feels damned good when you do a raid and actually get useful rewards. Did my second Cresselia and got 3 rare candy and 2 charge TMs.

Up to 8 raids on the Meltan quest, so I'll probably finish tomorrow. Easy enough to handle the rest in the remaining days.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yep, it vibrates and flashes blue twice, but then flashes rainbow and spins the stop automatically. It won't do this if there isn't a Pokemon in the ball.

I'm loving the pokeball too. I'm catching so many Pokemon while I'm at work, it's crazy. I've had the pokeball since Tuesday evening and I've levelled up super quick and gotten a ton of stardust.

Weirdly my GPS goes crazy while I'm at work and I gain around 10k+ steps just sat there working. It never did this before I connected to the pokeball but I certainly am not complaining

There is a useful reddit guide on things you can do with the pokeball
Oh, that's very cool. Thanks for the link! Niantic/TPC really don't do the best job explaining how these accessories work.

Since I wasn't really looking at the lights on the Poké Ball when it vibrated, I just assumed I was the one spinning those Pokéstops since I'd click the button anyway, haha.

Looks like you've set off a discussion about PVP on the Silph Road.
;)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they extended the special spawns related to the Metlan special research by a week or two. I just arrived at the task "Battle in 10 raids." and as free to play player it will take me a while :/

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I generally make minimal effort to cooperate for raids. I'd probably make less effort for comparative screen tapping.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they extended the special spawns related to the Metlan special research by a week or two. I just arrived at the task "Battle in 10 raids." and as free to play player it will take me a while :/

They probably still spawn just not as frequently, the spawns for the event were described as being rare in Lets Go, and they want people interactinging with both games for longer than 10 days.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
They probably still spawn just not as frequently, the spawns for the event were described as being rare in Lets Go, and they want people interactinging with both games for longer than 10 days.

My problem would be finding an Anorith or Lileep as they barely spawn here. I could pick up the Aerodactyl Quest and stack it so that's not an issue.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Finished off Meltan today. Managed to do another Shinx raid today which also makes me happy.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Meltan quest done here as well, 82% IV. One of the nice side-effects of this quest is that I was able to catch a lot of magikarp. Only 100 away to finally advance in the Mew quest.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I've walked Meltan John for 40km. Netting a paltry 2 candy.

Time to retire him as a buddy until there are other ways to get candy (beside the switch game).

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Hatched a shiny Magby! My first time getting a shiny from an egg, so sparkly!

Shame its evolutions are both hideous

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the Meltan quest today, thought I was going to be stuck on the last few steps post 10 raids but miraculously hatched a Scyther and mopped up the others quickly.

Does the Pokeball autocatch as well as autospin?

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I've walked Meltan John for 40km. Netting a paltry 2 candy.

Time to retire him as a buddy until there are other ways to get candy (beside the switch game).
You can have it defend a gym and shovel feed it berries in hopes of getting a candy instead of 20 stardust. Pretty low odds though it seems, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to do my first Alolan Marowak raid! A solid enough 12/10/15 one, which I can be satisfied with if it's likely to be my only one. This raid also finished off my 10 for the Meltan quest.

Also caught a second shiny Drowzee, which I'll probably trade to my girlfriend at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.