• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
You guys know trading is a feature right lol
I wish I could find someone to trade with. Despite living in an area where there appears to be a bunch of people fighting in gyms all the time, I haven't physically seen anyone actually playing the game to trade with. I've even tried looking for the local communities on discord/facebook etc but no luck.

Well shit, if there's anyone in Independence, OH let me know because i need to trade someone for the Celebi quest anyways lmfao

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Well the idea is to send and open gifts with a lot of people because there's literally no downside to it. The stardust rate as ultra friends isn't too bad. It's how people can get the shinies they want. Not everyone can be as lucky as Knight613 ;)

Edit: Ah if you can't find anyone in your local community, then that complicates things. Maybe try doing solo raids at ex raid gyms and contact the community that way at an ex raid?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Stardust rates are insane for people you're not Best Friends with, legendaries, and Pokemon you don't have.

I thankfully got a Zapdos this week. Now just to hope I can grab the other two birds by the end of the month and I'll be golden.
Also, it's kind of a bummer when both sides of the trade have to pay a ton. For instance, I'm willing to eat the stardust cost of giving my Shiny doubles to my girlfriend for nothing valuable in exchange, but I wouldn't sacrifice that stardust for others.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Well the idea is to send and open gifts with a lot of people because there's literally no downside to it. The stardust rate as ultra friends isn't too bad. It's how people can get the shinies they want. Not everyone can be as lucky as Knight613 ;)

Edit: Ah if you can't find anyone in your local community, then that complicates things. Maybe try doing solo raids at ex raid gyms and contact the community that way at an ex raid?
I uh...may have just gotten a shiny Gastly from the Make 3 Great Throws quest just now.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It only takes 30 days to reach Ultra Friends. 80,000 stardust isn't too crazy an amount. Send gifts every day. :)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Mew and Celebi are virtually mine, only the easiest quests (catch X amount) left. Gonna be great to finally have the nagging lingering feeling of those quests removed.

Also first research box tomorrow, I pray for not-Moltres or Suicune

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got a 100% Feebas from a Quest, sweet!

Dt2XkKRWoAAQl-L.jpg:small

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Best part of the new update is no goddamn beach loading screen any more

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, recently got back into Pokémon go was wondering if I could share my friend code here. I'm playing daily so I should have spare gifts.

3681 8963 5307

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I put my FC into the spreadsheet in the op. For some reason though, it shows blank unless you click on it. Oh well.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
The calm before the PVP storm.

But it would be nice to have some more gen 4 action sooner rather than later.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I really need Garchomp to make my core work. I now have Latios in its place but it's very soft to Metagross, Mewtwo and Tyranitar. The other dragons aren't much better. Rayquaza and Dragonite have bad coverage (at least Latios has Solar Beam for Kyogre) and Salamence only has full bar charge moves, making it very easy to protect against.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to the Pokemon park in Let's Go, partly because I kept getting lost and maybe because I never did play Red/Blue/Yellow. Opened the mystery box and wondered why nothing was happening. Realised Meltan is tiny and hard to see.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally got to the Pokemon park in Let's Go, partly because I kept getting lost and maybe because I never did play Red/Blue/Yellow. Opened the mystery box and wondered why nothing was happening. Realised Meltan is tiny and hard to see.
Yeah I had the same problem. Didn't get all 10 the first time because I was confused.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Meltan is really tiny. Makes it hard. Don't forget that it's every 3 minutes, and the 3 min countdown to next meltan stars after catching the last one.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, some of you can't handle the quiet apparently :P No doubt we will get the Winter event in a week or 2. Not to mention PvP this week.

Also, gained another shiny caterpie. :)

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Anybody elses CalcyIV app going ape? Mine's out of control. It sometimes just boots whenever it wants to without me even playing the game. And then when I want to use it it just closes from time to time.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like PvP will be level 40 only initially.

They usually roll things out to lower levels in hours or days, unless things go mega-wrong.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Folks on the Silph Road reddit say the Adventure Sync rewards have been tweaked. Looks like silver pinaps are now possible rewards, and there are a bunch of reports that the 10k eggs hatch things other than Riolu and Shinx.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone hook me up with the Google doc of trainer codes? I can't view the link anymore when quoting the first post after the site update.

EDIT: In the meantime, if you see this message McDuckDagobert, it's almost best buddy level up time. Let's coordinate if you wanna use a lucky egg also.

EDIT #2: Actually, for some reason the link appears now after I replied in this thread.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I still don't fully understand how Adventure Sync works to be honest.

The amount of distance I get from it doesn't seem to correlate with my step count.

Does it only update with distance walked while the game is closed? And when the game is open it uses GPS like it used to and doesn't record from Google Fit too?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't fully understand how Adventure Sync works to be honest.

The amount of distance I get from it doesn't seem to correlate with my step count.

Does it only update with distance walked while the game is closed? And when the game is open it uses GPS like it used to and doesn't record from Google Fit too?
Yes, exactly. So if you have the game open most of the time anyway you'll see little change. I wish they would just get rid of the garbage GPS tracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.